It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Public Banning Today...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Here is what Killtown had to say about this.I still say it was a good move for ATS.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Well thanks for the link, first I noticed that he is very upset with Skeptic Overlord, then I see hat he occurs is upset with the banning but more upset with the fact that we was not given the chance to deny ignorance or so he said.

Interesting, He quoted me!!!!!!!!!

I see somebody said that he needed to be arrested? Funny.

But hey he was banned from other conspiracy forums, that is more interesting.

Well now I know what ATS has been dealing with.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Thanks for that link Crow!

I just hope the T&C conditions here on ATS will be applied evenly and that some won't get preferential treatment depending on their stance on the issues.

What am I talking about; it's human nature to dispense preferential treatment. Why should it be any different here? The MODs are human too.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Its funny how he mentions that the 9/11 threads are under close scrutiny, but fails to mention that there were dozens of threads opened on the same subject.
Talk about censored.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I hate to be quote because of my ignorance.

Any way, I just decided to visit one of the new threads on 9/11 and I can say this much, somebody is trying very hard to control the thread and is not a mod.

The administration of this site is having a handful with the 9/11 new conspiracies.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Well, ultimately the forum is the property of its originators, the people who own the domain name and maintain the site.

I guess there's a limit to what could be tolerated. If he hadn't spoken negatively about this forum on others, he probably wouldn't have lost his privledges here.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
And now it is time to remember that we do not talked of banned members on the board.

I fail to see the duel standards being proper.
thats all I have to say
as a new member its all a little confusing
we do, we don't

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
How do you stop that guy or anyone else from simply rejoining under a new screen name? just curious.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueyedevil666
How do you stop that guy or anyone else from simply rejoining under a new screen name? just curious.

If he signs up again this will go off.

I could be wrong but I think that the majority of banned members are ones that reregister and get banned again. There's a LOT of that.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
just curious... can Killtown legally take our posts from here and post them on his blog?

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
elevatedone

That one I will love very much to know the answer also, specially because he quote my ignorance
I am hurt.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
just curious... can Killtown legally take our posts from here and post them on his blog?

Yeah , sure its under ATS copyright, can you not get him to remove them?

[edit: fixed quote tags]

[edit on 15-6-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

I don't think so. Your posts are a shared copyright between you and ATS, I think. Only those 2 parties can use them.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   

"The nations of the world will have to unite, for
the next war will be an interplanetary war. The
nations of the earth must someday make a
common front against attack by people from
other planets."
General Douglas MacArthur- Oct. 8, 1955
(From "Above Top Secret" by Timothy Good)

This site I noticed had an ATS credit.

AAC

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Above Top Secret by Timothy Good was quite a good book, I seem to remember. Sorry for the one-liner, but didn't want any waters muddied.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
If Killtown is not abiding the Creative Commons License than we will have to pursue legal remedy through his blog host and his ISP.

Anyone can see what the CC License requires and report back if he's not compliant.

Basically it's a credit to ATS with full URL, credit to the author with full URL to their post.

Let me know of he's simply copy/pasted with no credits and I'll get on it Monday morning with our law firm.

mark...

[edit on 6-15-2007 by Springer]

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
After much consideration and discussion among our staff, it is with sincere regret that I announce the termination of ATS membership privileges for "killtown."

Odd.

I never heard of the guy.

[edit on 2007/6/16 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
This thread gives me that creepy feeling you get sometimes when you drive by a big wreck on the highway and all those sirens are going off and cops are waving you around the scene. It sure brought down the thunder and lightning.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Well, Killtown was reasonably popular, both here and in the general 9/11 conspiracy world.

Behind the scenes, before things went ugly, we were actually trying to get him on an upcoming podcast (yes, they will be returning).

But... as what seems to be the case, one of two things always develops within intense 9/11 threads: it either brings out the worst in people, or brings out the worst people (still not sure which is which in most cases).

Many were surprised by this thread, and we (staff) discussed whether or not we should make a statement. Given his high-profile nature, and some of the claims he's been making lately, we want to be sure we were very clear that his banning had nothing to do with this opinion/topics. In fact, all this threads are still open, and it appears as though several members are continuing to argue his point of view. This action was completely about attitude AND a clear Terms & Conditions violation.

After a quick look at some updates of his and others, it's become very clear that ATS is merely the most recent, in a long list of sites, who have banned him... including 911blogger.com

If I were to give him advice... I think a vacation that involves margaritas scantily clad ladies is in order.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I kind of like those new avatars SO, you're not nearly as pretty as I thought you would be though.

I understand the need to apply leather once in a while, I'm a parent.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join