It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Public Banning Today...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
If you think about it, and no disrespect to anybody, but isnt banning him giving him more reason to go out and tell people that he is being "censored"? I personally think it was a good decision to ban him, but I just want to warn anyone who is actually concerned that this will cause more off-ATS issues and will cause more bad talk to be thrown at us for it. Just to make the point clear, this post isnt made to put down any decisions, ideas, or posts made by other ATS members.

-DTOX X

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Is banning enough? Won't killtown just come back under another alias.

What we need is a cyber "burning at the stake" kinda action!!

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cygnific
Atleast we know why somebody was banned. It's not nice to trow around theory as facts and not participate in talks while leaving a mess. People think they can say everything and hurt others making statements as proof for something coming not even close to a proven fact. We should not forget many innocent people died that day, and any theory should be carefully studied and only posted if it is without any doubt proof of some sort. It becomes more and more the loony tunes with ridiculous theories.

Who's to decide what's a loony tune theory and what's not? If I believe in EBE's I guess I am a loony tune (is that what you mean?). I didn't really read much about Killtown but if he was just being rude and bull in a china shop well he was just plain disruptive and probably deserved his public execution. You should be able to discuss any conspiracy or idea that is relevant on this excellent professional website. That's my 6 cents (inflation).

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I am sorry I posted this under the wrong thread, so here I am posting it agian under the right one,

You know I came here from another forum where I still post BTW, it was completely destroyed by the trolls and CT's

Topic after topic was started bashing America, the president, blaming 9/11 on the president instead of the terrorists, Christian bashing, and on and on, you admins have reason to worry, if anyone dared to counter their argument they were followed from topic after topic with insults, this is going on all over the net.

Now they have their own forum, perhaps they are regrouping for the next forum they infiltrate.

Or they are already here.

They came onto the other forum in a large group, and they had an agenda, spread disinformation and silence anyone who didn't agree with them.

I was shocked that this same tactic was being used here at ATS,

I started a topic here on ATS , 9/11 and who would benefit most from the CTs, now I don't want to go through what I went through before.

I took a beating over on the other forum, because I dared to voice my opinion.

good luck, I am going to find a topic less dangerous.

PS. if any of the admins want more information about the other forum, send me a message, all their posts are still there.

PS again it seemed like the admins were afraid of the CTs, now the forum is almost dead, the CTs did their job well, post all their propaganda then is anyone dare question it they were the bad guy.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Carnival, if history repeats it self this will escalate to fever pitch, if the admins at my old forum would have stepped in and took charge of the situation instead of fear of being called censors they would still have a forum

as I always say it is not what the cts say it is HOW they say it.

It is not about the topic and all about bad attitude.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Well, I don't get it, I always thought his theories and investigation into those theories was pretty well documented and substantiated compared to what others come up with on a daily basis. Yes there was drama in some of his threads, drama I rarely (if ever) took part in, but none of it seemed like it was Killtown's intention. I think he's great for the Movement and applaud him for trying to chizzle away at the biggest screw up on 9/11, the Shanksville crash, in order to uncover the BS.

Besides, I could give you the names of plenty of people who probably deserved to be banned more then him, and hopefully in the coming weeks they will face the music as well, but if this was for Killtown and Killtown only then I'm sorry but you just HURT the Movement more than helped it and exiled one of the more serious researchers I've come across. Of course that's just the opinion of a non-fanatic 9/11 truther, I'm sure those with more knowledge and a better understanding of the situation will have different views.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
It seems to me that "killtown," is posting a kind of shorthand, where the alleged jet engine pictures are presented as proof. But the strength of such a theory is supported by other facts about flight 93 that he does not cite. The actual crash site suggests a larger dispersion, while the hole does not seem to fit that observation. Naturally others are going to counter what they do not know nor have studied, with a retort when there is an official story.

It seems to me that a rehashing of everything about flight 93 is demanded, while ignorance in some sense prevails on all sides. Unpleasant theories evidenced in contradictions are one thing, but when I see someone representing himself as employed by the federal government (ULTIMA1) giving only "authoritative sources," as being correct, it all makes me wonder.

Is all of this made up? Perhaps it is a lead to further discussion. To me there is a decision made here, and was the last post the "that straw that broke the camel's back?" Perhaps this begs the question if it is all cumulative, why now, why not a week ago, or a month ago? What is specifically wrong? Let me apologize for only reading a bit here, when it seems there is no shortage of sharp opinions here. Some of the disagreement seems very strongly favor the Popular Mechanics position, or the official story. Where else is there disagreement?

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
There seems to be no method to the madness here at ATS. Time and time again, the same posters are allowed to ridicule those who are actually seeking the truth without incident, while any rebuttals are met with warnings. Apparently, not responding to these baiting tactics is now an offense that warrants a public banning. This entire scenario brings into question the true agenda of ATS.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I've never really had much interest in 911 apart from a political point of view, to do with the fall out from the event and the response of the US and UK.

I went into the forum to try and find some information, but quickly left when I saw the baiting, rhetoric and vicious nature of many posts.

What I'd really like to read is some sensible debate and real evidence rather than the intense rhetoric I've seen on there, with people just trying to rip each other to shreads over the most ridiculous and pointless things, like semantics for instance.

If anyone can point me in the direction of a proper, serious debate - preferably a one on one, I'd be most grateful.

The irony for me of 911 was that when it happened (saw it "live" on the news) I was waiting to transfer to BAA from my old job with Canon - left me in a bit of a pickle as flights were way down for a couple of years, and this affected my role with BAA.

[edit on 14/6/2007 by budski]

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Never followed his posts, I tend to stay away from drama so....

I will say this:

ATS is a great place, it's huge and if someone really cares about searching truth, there's no better place for it.

If you come on here and you can understand simple values like respect for others, empathy, and level headed thought, then you can come on here and freely express your ideas and converse with others of similar and differing views. Which is a great way to find truth.

However, if you come on here and are knowingly trying to push an agenda that is fraudulent or "drama based", sewing seeds of dissent, or trying to undermine the integrity of ATS, know this:

It won't work.

The staff is adept at finding troublemakers, hoaxers, and those with hidden agendas.

Many members are shrewd and skilled investigators(Serpo anyone?), who do not suffer fools or drama.

We're not just the Top Conspiracy Theory Discussion Forum, we're an actual community. We're a team, even when divided on viewpoints, we're all in this to deny ignorance, and we're all in the earnest search of truth.

I'm proud of the ATS community and damn proud of it's Staff. I'm glad to be a member here, and you should be too.

Rant over.

X

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Carnival, if history repeats it self this will escalate to fever pitch, if the admins at my old forum would have stepped in and took charge of the situation instead of fear of being called censors they would still have a forum

as I always say it is not what the cts say it is HOW they say it.

It is not about the topic and all about bad attitude.

I agree with you but that is the nature of a public forum. Personally, I have not seen any name calling other than alot of drama but I like a healthy exchange of ideas. Like I indicated earlier if Killtown was just here to search and destroy that is a completely different matter. I have no intention to delve into 9 million pages of Killtown dead sea scrolls to check for name calling and disrespect so I will just have to take the word of the admins who do a pretty good job of not censoring people who are honest and respectful to other members.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenVisage
Well, I don't get it, I always thought his theories and investigation into those theories was pretty well documented and substantiated compared to what others come up with on a daily basis.

I don't think the banning had to do so much with his threads and/or contributions to the site. It had more to do with the sladerous remarks he was making on other sites toward other truth movements and towards ATS itself.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22
I don't think the banning had to do so much with his threads and/or contributions to the site. It had more to do with the sladerous remarks he was making on other sites toward other truth movements and towards ATS itself.

Actually, to be specific, it was due to how he was using the critical response from ATS members as some kind of credibility enhancer on "safe" websites. Some of this included highly negative commentary about ATS members.

We've had lots of ATS members post very inflammatory comments about members and staff on other venues without resulting in any bannings. We felt this was different, and part of a specific strategy to inappropriate use the response of ATS members to his minimal participation in purposefully provocative topics.

Ram

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Pheew...Glad it wasn't me getting banned...

Im not posting anything in the 911 forum anymore - Cuz things have changed.
I wait till after the next world war - Posting in 911 forum.

That is what I think..really.
weird.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Actually, to be specific, it was due to how he was using the critical response from ATS members as some kind of credibility enhancer on "safe" websites. Some of this included highly negative commentary about ATS members.

We've had lots of ATS members post very inflammatory comments about members and staff on other venues without resulting in any bannings. We felt this was different, and part of a specific strategy to inappropriate use the response of ATS members to his minimal participation in purposefully provocative topics.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I think it's important to be clear on this subject because it would appear that a lot of people responding to this thread believe the banning was because of his threads/stance on issues. Which, of course, would seem to be completely contradictory of the purpose for this site. It would seem the ban is an attempt to protect not only ATS's integrity, but also it's member's as well.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I applaud your integrity, ATS owners have yet again led from the front in the Denying of Ignorance, hopefully the 9/11 can get back to informed debate...
After reading his Blog and other sites, it was obvious what he was trying to do.
He even jumped on the LKJ bandwagon after getting his wrists slapped, good riddance..
Respect ATS Crew...

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Now it all makes sense. Thanks.

I didn't understand it clearly, on why killtown is being banned (I thought it had to do with, him being rude, or his threads). I thought there was some injustice being dealt... but it turns out to be just. If he is slandering everyone at ATS (some/most/all), on other sites... then so be it. Banning seems appropriate.

Bring out... the "Ban-Hammer".

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I don't even recall reading any of his posts but then again I never frequented the 9/11 forum.

But if he was causing a stir like you said than I agree with your decision to ban him.

Good job.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by bairdseeds
Are you paid handsomely to keep content swept and off the front pages?

Welcome to ATS. Or...welcome back?

FYI killtown, they will check your IP address so be sure to move around a little...may I suggest your local library?

For real though...

Kudos to SO and the rest of the ATS staff for, yet again, handling the bluster and accusations of a difficult circumstance with their usual patience and integrity.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
A public execution and I wasn't invited.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join