It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

photoshop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   
hi,

i have been wanting to get photoshop for ages but i can't find it anywhere. my first question is, is it free and if so where can i get it? and is it worth downloading onto my computer? and what can you do on it?
please reply to this as i am getting sick of using the paint program.

cheers

Roswell.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Adobe Photoshop is not free, although you can download a free trial version from that link.

There are several freeware alternatives such as GIMP and paint.net available for Windows though.

[edit on 6/14/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   
thanks

(sorry for the one liner)

Roswell.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by roswell1
hi,

i have been wanting to get photoshop for ages but i can't find it anywhere. my first question is, is it free and if so where can i get it?

It is a great program, but it is far from free. The price can go up towards $1,000 USD$ for the full blown CS3 with all the trimmings.

But as djohnsto77 mentioned above there are other free alternatives.

The GIMP is a great free product, although many users find it a little hard to learn. But for me at least Photoshop was very very difficult for me to even grasp the basics. I'm talking like for months I struggled to do even some of the basic things with it.

Also as noted Paint.Net (Not to be confused with MS Paint) is also a great little program, but it is a bit limited, imo. But it is still way much better than vanilla MS Paint.

But the GIMP is about as verstile as photoshop. So if you want to do some serious photo manipulation and artwork, The GIMP is the way to go.

Heck, try them both!

edit to add: Photoshop Elements is probably the most inexpensive version of Photoshop available. Check out the Adobe link above for current pricing info.

[edit on 6/14/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   
just download the trial version and if you like it buy it
i would suggest the alternitive that i do but that would go against T&C of ATS

new topics

top topics

join