It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what will happen if china become the # 1 power?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
as we see over the years China's economy has grown greatly what do you thinks the effects will be if the become the # 1 super power instead of the U.S.A?

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Greater difficulty exporting US goods for one thing. You'll find the US Govt will curb it's criticism of China. Taiwan will be forced to reassimilate.

Mandarin is already starting to be a language for trade. African nations will increasingly side with China. Islamic nations with Russia. Possibly some future conflict between China and Russia caused by Islamic nationalism in Northwest China.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MyEternaldream
as we see over the years China's economy has grown greatly what do you thinks the effects will be if the become the # 1 super power instead of the U.S.A?

Like any other self-respecting superpower, they will come in and make us their bitches.

Have a nice day.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MyEternaldream

The world as we know it ends, with China invading and dominating the world.
I mean, there cannot possibly be a peaceful world with a non-U.S superpower, can there?

It's surprising that none of the usual 'Aarrgghh! China!' posters have found this thread.
Rant aside I believe that the world will, save for some small changes, largely continue as normal.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
If the Chinese economy dosen't enter meltdown in the next few years.

Then you best all start learning Mandarin. The Chinese are not likely to use force, the threat of it should be enough: if they really start showing their muscles.

They are increasing their friendships all across the world, if the Chinese start putting any military forces in South America for training or even to help with some natural disaster. That could cause a few problems. Cuba or Venezelua spring to mind.

The Chinese know that they will need to increase their lands at some point in the future, although they have a Strict one child policy, every part of China I have been to, the familys seem to have way more than one rug rat. In fact in Hong Kong they are activily incouraging the more affluent familys to have and educate more children.

Not to sure about were Russia will fit into the future, can't see them going with the Muslim nations and can't see then being friendly with the US, more likely they will form a partnership the the Chinese. Ans then we could be on for a big old cold war.

BBbbrrrrrrrrr feel the chill.

Mon-Key

Edit - Spelling (bet I missed at least one other).

[edit on 18/6/07 by ChiKeyMonKey]

new topics

top topics

join