It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity, Monotheistic or Polytheistic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I come to this question because of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. They are three seperate entities that are referred to seperatley in the bible but they are also supposed to be the same. These three different entities that make up the same are reffered to as the Divine Trinity.

However Judaism is basically Christianity except they cut out the New testament which cuts out Jesus and the Holy Spirit. So the only God that Jews worship is God while christians have two other entities thrown in.

I beleive that Christianity is Monothiestic and that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are actually the same.

What are everyone elses opinions?

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
That's the Chruch canon on the subject. Father, Son and Spirit are the same God, just different facets of it.

Father- The Creator and Controller
Holy Spirit- That part of God which intereacts with his Creation
Son- The Messiah, who came down in human form to teach us.

Think of God as a Computer. The part you see is the monitor. The part you use to control the computer is the keyboard. The part that causes the other two to have any meaning, and controls what the comptuer does is the CPU. Each of these three are seperate parts of the whole we know as a computer.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Not all christians believe that the 3 are one but are seperate beings. I think logic would support this. If Jesus died for man's sins and was raised by God on the third day, and this happened, then that would mean that God really didn't die therefor the sacrifice was never made. So much for Christianity. Unless he used an alarm clock.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Just see the name God, Or actually Gods, as the total of the Angels, just like all humans are called menkind. Jezus is one of those angels, and he came down. The holey spirit is well, the spirit, because we were created to their equals weren't we? Same thinking, therefore also technologically very advanced (almighty for beings on other planets?).

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Polytheistic....

We have:

A God: God, Yaweh, etc. (see Zeus)
A Lesser God: Satan, enemy of God (see Hades)
Numerous entities, below God, yet above Humans: Angels and Demons (see the other Gods)
A Demigod: Jesus, son of God and a Mortal (see also Perseus, Hercules, etc.)

to think of Christianity as "monotheistic" is really not being realistic. It is nearly as complex as the heirarchy of the mythology of Rome or Greece, and even moreso, if you start looking at the heirarchy within angels and demons...

You can lump them all together if you like....and try to pass it off as monotheism...just as I can put a bunch of apples and oranges in a barrel and call it "fruit"...but it doesn't make them one in the same....

[Edited on 7-1-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Monotheism in Christianity is yet another contradiction. I'm sorry, but it is.

"Christianity is monotheism, and we worship the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost" is as consistent as saying Jesus was 100% man and 100% God. It doesn't work that way.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
This is because we listen more to religion than own minds. Let's think people.

new topics

top topics

join