It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EX-Diplomat Resigns claiming UN Subservience to Israel & US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Though its pretty plain for the majority of people to see and of course to the Middle Eastern countries who have for decades attempted to mediate through the UN, the US has not only been a provider of Military and financial Aide but a shield for the wrongs and attrocities for the state of Israel. Many people here at least realize that Israel has ignored many of the UN General resolutions and escaped many Security Council resolutions through US vetoes. In a way Israel being constantly shielded has been its worst enemy, for a child going unpunished for the majority of its life does not realize that its doing wrong. Sooner or later the people being wronged will take matters into its own hands and totally ignore legal channels

How many times have arab nations complained about Israels nuclear arsenal , but their calls for worry have gone unheeded, yet here it is, Israel has been for over 2 decades using the UN to harrass and sanction Iran as well as Iraq in the past?

Many Pro-Israeli supporters complain that the UN is irrelavant...well its countries like Israel that have helped make it irrelevant when they use the UN to their advantage and flaunt the law when its to their disadvantage.

Ex-diplomat: UN failed in Middle East, subservient to U.S., Israel

By Reuters

A former U.N. Middle East envoy quit his job last month making bitter allegations that U.N. policy in the region had failed because it was subservient to U.S. and Israeli interests, according to a leaked document.

In a confidential end-of-mission report, seen by Reuters, Alvaro de Soto poured scorn on the Quartet negotiating group of the United States, Russia, European Union and United Nations, and suggested the world body should pull out of the group established for the purpose of advancing peace in the Middle East.

U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said on Wednesday the report represented De Soto's personal views and disputed his former envoy's conclusion that the Quartet had become a "side-show".

Source

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I support Israel's right to exist. And I've always been about providing Israel with foreign aid, etc.; but, the way things are going w/the Pelestinians, I think its time to sit down with Israel and at least try and work something out. I mean, dam, if WE all don't, we're gonna find armageddon instead.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
pieman, how fortuitous that you find this story.

Well, I am a man who judges each man individually. But collectively, Israel has to CHANGE or be CHANGED. I do hope this is the beginning of a whole lot of manipulating disclosure on the behalf of Israel and her lobbiests.

AAC

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Right now people are celebrating the 20th anniv. of Reagan's tear down this wall speech; and the GOP pres. candidates are touting Reagan like a MOFO

And yet, Israel and conservative REpublicans are wanting to erect walls.

That seems so unlike what Reagan would seek.

My impression is: don't trust these charlatins. they are nothing like Reagan.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
I support Israel's right to exist. And I've always been about providing Israel with foreign aid, etc.; but, the way things are going w/the Pelestinians, I think its time to sit down with Israel and at least try and work something out. I mean, dam, if WE all don't, we're gonna find armageddon instead.

At this point I don't think anyone including the Palestinians, Lebanese, Syrians, Jordanians, and Egyptians are having a problem with their right to exist, but its more now that the Palestinians also have a right to exist.
Look in the news Israeli spies in Egypt, Israeli spies in America..I mean cmon, why is this small country up in everyones butthole always putting themselves in the spotlight? I have no problem with Aide..I have a problem with too much aid and Military aid. Like some of their neighbors a few hundred million should suffice...billions is ridiculous when we have to cut our own domestic services to Americans is crazy. We have enabled them to do much of the damage thats being done 100%.

Pie

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Right now people are celebrating the 20th anniv. of Reagan's tear down this wall speech; and the GOP pres. candidates are touting Reagan like a MOFO

And yet, Israel and conservative REpublicans are wanting to erect walls.

That seems so unlike what Reagan would seek.

My impression is: don't trust these charlatins. they are nothing like Reagan.

Eastcoast, you know what...I really dont think anyone would even give two flying you know whats if those walls were built on their own soil. What bothers people is that the wall was built to protect Israelis using Palestinian lands, cutting off Palestinians from not only their families but their liveliehoods as well, and THATS what the problem is If they got the settlers out (The ones that didn't want to stay and become citizens of Palestine) and they erected that walll so it would be a border in their own country, I don't think anyone would be able to say anything about it or class them as being apartheid.

They made their own troubles.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   
This is all because of religion. We need to unite and also create united religion for all who want or need to believe in something. God is not asking you to use specific name or book, so that would be OK with God.

Just think for a second how fast peace would spread if we transform Chirstianity and Islam and other religions into new religion, more tolerant and less barbaric. We could even add new elements to it, for example New Age and science. After all, quantum science is almost spiritual already.

Middle East problem is problem just because of religion. That's all there is to it and there will never be peace without this understanding. Even more, Israel may provoke attacks and retaliate later and trigger WW3 -- will this be enough for you to consider one-world religion? Why not doing it NOW?

new topics

top topics

join