Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Woman Dies on Hospital Floor-Nobody helped.

page: 3
9
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
No kidding, just because they are here illegally does not matter. Where do think americans came from originally? We are all from different places, who is to decide who belongs where?




posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
thats the worst thing iv ever heard or read


WTF IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE!!!


I hope someone gets arrested or charged for her death



posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   
What's the big deal?

It's a free market health care economy. It's everyone for themselves.

A hospital is a business. Any business has the right to decide on the quality of the service that they choose to provide to thier customers. Sometimes quality must be sacrificed in order to increase margins and remain profitablity. I'm sure that they treat thier paying customers better. I would hope so anyways. Whatever they do with thier non-paying customers is thier business.

If you don't like the service provided don't frequent that particular business.

Plain and simple.

[edit on 15-6-2007 by In nothing we trust]



posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
What's the big deal?

It's a free market health care economy. It's everyone for themselves.

A hospital is a business. Any business has the right to decide on the quality of the service that they choose to provide to thier customers. Sometimes quality must be sacrificed in order to increase margins and remain profitablity. I'm sure that they treat thier paying customers better. I would hope so anyways. Whatever they do with thier non-paying customers is thier business.

If you don't like the service provided don't go to that particular business.

Plain and simple.

[edit on 15-6-2007 by In nothing we trust]


NO I dont think so. I think a Doctor works as a subcontractor for the Hospital and they have an oath or something. It is there obligation to help the sick. Hospital has an obligation also, its part of the business.
Whatever profession you are responsible!!



posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
It is there obligation to help the sick. Hospital has an obligation also, its part of the business.


Well that's where you're wrong. No one has an obligation to help another human being. Now you may not like that, but it is reality.

A hospital doesn't have an obligation to help people, it has an over riding obligation to remain profitable for it's stock holders. I'm sure a good contract lawyer could represent the hospital's interests very well once the fine print in the hospitals charter is properly explained to the jury.

Sure thier is a law that says that service cannot be denied due to non-payment in an emergency. However, legally I believe that a hospital is not required to uphold the quality of the service which is provided to it's customers.

[edit on 15-6-2007 by In nothing we trust]



posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

Well that's where you're wrong. No one has an obligation to help another human being. Now you may not like that, but it is reality.


Legally I believe that a hospital is not required to uphold the quality of the service which is provided to it's customers.

[edit on 15-6-2007 by In nothing we trust]


What about all the doctors that walked by and didnt help her?
They gave an oath to help people and they are obligated by law, no?



posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
What about all the doctors that walked by and didnt help her?
They gave an oath to help people and they are obligated by law, no?


There is probably just to much personal liability associated with helping people.

Maybe the doctors personal malpractice insurance policies had exclusions in them that they needed to have thoughally examined and cleared by thier own attornies before service could be rendered.

We just don't know all of the legal details in the case.

Perhaps she wasn't coherant enough to sign a waiver. Perhaps they didn't have a waiver printed up in the womans language of choice.

See before you all get too hot and bothered, you need to understand the legal details.

[edit on 15-6-2007 by In nothing we trust]



posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust


There is probably just to much personal liability associated with helping people.

Maybe the doctors personal malpractice insurance policies had exclusions in them that they needed to have thoughally examined and cleared by thier own attornies before service could be rendered.


[edit on 15-6-2007 by In nothing we trust]


Isnt there a good samaritan law that supercedes any legal jumbo?



posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 02:26 AM
link   
According to this only medical staff are covered at this point. That makes them liable.(I think)


Good Samaritan Law

Good Samaritan Law







[edit on 15-6-2007 by earth2]



posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Welcome to the world of today. People have been taught to fend for themselves and no one esle. We have no respect for human life. I believe this is mostly because of entertainment and the downfall of morality.



posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
According to this only medical staff are covered at this point. That makes them liable.(I think)


Good Samaritan Law

Good Samaritan Law


I read those two links. This is what I got out of it.


A lay rescuer pulled an injured victim from a car the rescuer thought was going to catch fire. The victim is now paralyzed and there is some debate whether the rescuer's actions or the crash caused the paralysis.

firstaid.about.com...



A woman accused of rendering a friend a paraplegic by pulling her out of a wrecked car "like a rag doll" may not be protected by California's good Samaritan law, an appellate court ruled.

Attorney Robert Hutchinson who represents plaintiff Alexandra Van Horn, said the state's Samaritan law doesn't require people to render aid. But if they do, he said, they must act reasonably.

www.usatoday.com...


So legally you are better off leaving a person trapped in a burning car to burn up. You can't get in trouble if you do nothing. Apathy and in-action are the key to surviving a lawsuit. I'm sure that this is the legal advice being given by mal-practice insurance companies.

That must have been this womans condition. She probably needed to be rescued off of the floor before medical attention could be rendered. Sounds like she had fallen and couldn't get up. In which case the two 911 callers acted appropriatly and called for rescue. So that should absolve the hospitals stockholders from liability in the matter.

Now if you see a lawyer who is trapped in a burning car. Stop and wave at him and take pictures of his paralyzed body on fire. Then post the pictures on the internet and try and make a few bucks off of them.


[edit on 15-6-2007 by In nothing we trust]



posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   
This is a perfect example why you shouldn't run a hospital like a business. It provides a service that the people need and that gives the hospital owners and stock holders way too much leverage over the common folk. Thinking about profits and stock holders over the welfare of patients is just cruel. Makes you wonder why US is the only industrial country to run hospitals like this. Is it simply too late to turn back and change the system? Too many rich people or stock holders already invested in these?
It doesn't help to have a legal system where you have to be afraid of being sued all the time



posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ironside
Welcome to the world of today. People have been taught to fend for themselves and no one esle. We have no respect for human life. I believe this is mostly because of entertainment and the downfall of morality.


It depends on how you look at it I guess. We have respect for human life, just not all human life. THere are three groups of people in society. Group one consists of people who have worked hard to gain an education and a job that will get them where they financially want to be. Group two is hard working men and woman who for some reason were unable to further their education who work their arses off to get what they need and want. Then there is group three which is full of leaches. People who would rather stick their hand out and take from group one and two so they can sit around and do whatever floats their boat that day. The fact that group one and two HAVE to give, up to half of their hard earned money to keep group three alive....that is what causes us to loose respect for human life. There are some people who are down on their luck and trying hard to get on their feet... people are more than willing to help them... as long as it doesnt bring them down in the process. But when a person makes a concious decision to become a leech they will be treated as such. What is truely unfortunate is when a person misjudged as being in that catagory, because not many, if anyone really cares if a leech lives or dies. Is that unplesant?? Sure it is, but thats reality.

Why everyone was upset with the darn janitor is beyond me......what was he supposed to do about it?? He is not a Dr. he is a janitor, he is supposed to clean. As someone (eek cant remember your name) brought up a few posts previous to this one, it could have cost him big time to help out. It most likely was no longer a shock factor for him.



posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara

Originally posted by Ironside
Welcome to the world of today. People have been taught to fend for themselves and no one esle. We have no respect for human life. I believe this is mostly because of entertainment and the downfall of morality.


It depends on how you look at it I guess. We have respect for human life, just not all human life. THere are three groups of people in society. Group one consists of people who have worked hard to gain an education and a job that will get them where they financially want to be. Group two is hard working men and woman who for some reason were unable to further their education who work their arses off to get what they need and want. Then there is group three which is full of leaches. People who would rather stick their hand out and take from group one and two so they can sit around and do whatever floats their boat that day. The fact that group one and two HAVE to give, up to half of their hard earned money to keep group three alive....that is what causes us to loose respect for human life. There are some people who are down on their luck and trying hard to get on their feet... people are more than willing to help them... as long as it doesnt bring them down in the process. But when a person makes a concious decision to become a leech they will be treated as such. What is truely unfortunate is when a person misjudged as being in that catagory, because not many, if anyone really cares if a leech lives or dies. Is that unplesant?? Sure it is, but thats reality.

Why everyone was upset with the darn janitor is beyond me......what was he supposed to do about it?? He is not a Dr. he is a janitor, he is supposed to clean. As someone (eek cant remember your name) brought up a few posts previous to this one, it could have cost him big time to help out. It most likely was no longer a shock factor for him.
I just found this Ironic, but is not group 3 both the extremely poor and the extremely rich?



posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara

Why everyone was upset with the darn janitor is beyond me......what was he supposed to do about it?? He is not a Dr. he is a janitor, he is supposed to clean. As someone (eek cant remember your name) brought up a few posts previous to this one, it could have cost him big time to help out. It most likely was no longer a shock factor for him.


He could've find someone to help the victim. That would've been better even for his own angle of work, once the victim is taken care of there wont be any more blood to clean.



posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ironside
I just found this Ironic, but is not group 3 both the extremely poor and the extremely rich?


Absolutely!!!! What I said has more to do with work ethics than anything else. Unfortunatly there are a lot of people who are misjudged as being in the "leech" catagory due to appearance. People could really care less if the leech at the top lives or dies either.

In this womans case, and I am not saying she was a leech, but I am saying that she gave the appearance of one. She had been in their a few times previously for pain meds, she didnt speak english, she had no money, and not only was she on probation but had a warant out for her arrest for breaking probation. To a hospital full of people working their arses off, that screams "not a priority" to put it mildly. Im not saying that is right, im just saying thats reality.



posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
He could've find someone to help the victim. That would've been better even for his own angle of work, once the victim is taken care of there wont be any more blood to clean.


She was IN a hospital!!! The person to find was already there, all around her. It was not like the nurses didnt see her. He did the only thing he could do, the best he could. You can't ask for more than that....from the janitor.



posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
This is a perfect example why you shouldn't run a hospital like a business. It provides a service that the people need and that gives the hospital owners and stock holders way too much leverage over the common folk. Thinking about profits and stock holders over the welfare of patients is just cruel. Makes you wonder why US is the only industrial country to run hospitals like this. Is it simply too late to turn back and change the system? Too many rich people or stock holders already invested in these?
It doesn't help to have a legal system where you have to be afraid of being sued all the time


I agree with your sentiment here. However, This is a FEDERALLY funded hospital! It is not a privately held business to make money. They are there to take care of people who do not have money or insurance.

Also she was not a "leach" as someone put it ( I can't remember now). The hospital is there for people like her.

Just wanted to clear that up.



posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Oh sorry, I was under impression that this was a private hospital. My bad


*Removed quote of entire previous post*
Mod Edit: Quoting Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 15-6-2007 by sanctum]



posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
if it was a federally funded hospital (meaning the hospital would be reimbursed for those who don't have insurance and who can't pay) then they should have helped her. even if she was an illegal immigrant or whatever, they shouldn't have just let her die, and the cop shouldn't have tried to cart her away AS SHE WAS DYING. that's sick and unforgivable. it just goes to show how screwed up everything is around here. but personally i am just glad to see something on the news besides paris hilton's dumb ass.





new topics




 
9
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join