It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Dies on Hospital Floor-Nobody helped.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
This is crazy, she died and no one would help her. Two of her friends at the hospital called 911 and even they wouldnt help.
She was vomiting blood and the janitors cleaned up around her and even they wouldnt help her.
She died about 30 minutes after the 911 call from the hospital.

LA King Hospital

[edit on 13-6-2007 by earth2]

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Absolutely horrible. I hope there is some kind of 'good samaritan' law that they can charge the bystanders under. This kind of thing is inexcusable. Even if you don't know the first thing about helping someone in this situation, you can go get someone who does, especially in a hospital. The janitors and those others who were with her should have gone and at least tried to get a doctor to look at her. Simply appalling. I hope it never happens again, but I know it will.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I tell you what im watching Nancy Grace talk about it right know and its shocking what happen.
Good thing is it was all caught on video. It was the video that showed the janitor cleaning up around her after she fell out of wheel chair into the fetal position.
Every Nurse and Doctor that seen her laying on the floor needs to be arrested.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
OMG they just said a cop in the hospital arrested her on a warrant while she was passed out and she was in custody when she died.
The cop put smelling salt under her nose trying to wake her up!!
They were wheeling her to a cop car, taking her away from the emergency room. Very shocking. Manslaughter.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Sad that a county run Hospital that is supposed to help needy people is not getting the funds needed to keep running efficiently.

The downsized of the hospital could be the reason they cannot provided better care. However, it seems to me that most of the people interview and with the problems at the hospital seems to be Hispanic.

I am correct?

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I was disgusted with humanity when I saw this on the news.

For some reason this is what's becoming the social norm. People are becoming more self centered and egocentric.

When her friend called 911 while the were already in the hospital, why couldn't the cop her friend was talking to ask to speak to someone and try to get aid for this woman? Instead the asshole cop was speaking like a smug, arrogant indifferent jack-ass.

A lot of people today act like Paris Hilton, or a Rock star, when in fact they may be a public servant (cop) or city hospital worker. Just because a "Paris Hilton" or rock star is adored and given money for virtually doing nothing, doesn't mean we should all aspire to be them.

I believe that this is not uncommon, it's just one of the very few times we have actually become aware of it via the media.

link   
ok wtf!!! how dose this kind of thing happen are the docters and copes a bunck of red necks???

i want that hospitl sued for all the money it has!!!!

if they let a dieing pacent go into custidy like that thy are a bunch of reatards!!!

link   
I watched about it on CBS news and they played the 911 audio tapes. The 911 supervisor got into an argument with someone trying to raise the alarm saying that it was not an emergency.

Some people need to get sacked.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I think is going to be a law sue, but the county is the one funding the hospital so is actually tax payer money.

The article said that

The facility, already downsized in a multimillion-dollar reform effort

So it seems that funds has been cut, but rather than close the hospital they has kept it running.

I imagine that the hospital cater to the very poor.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
While doctors and nurses should be held accountable I don't see why other -bystanders- should...How would they know if this woman didn't have some kind of contagious disease? I don't mean to downplay this tragedy, but there's no need to accuse bystanders of anything. I'm sure they were expecting someone would help her too.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I hope you meant "bystanders" as in the other patients and not the cop who is there to "serve and protect" Ya right! because it was his duty to do something about it. Most cops are arrogant a-holes and act like they are better then you and let you know they have the power when your not even being aggressive. I speak from many experiences too by the way.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I dont know the whole story in depth but if a friend or family member died in a hospital like this person did...people would have to die...i think that would be a "lose it" point for me.

Ive never really understood why people turn to the legal system. I mean...if a drunk driver cripples you in aa car wreck...what happens to the drunk...maybe he get like two years?...IF that...thats BS im my opinion. What is two years? This dude crippled you and in five years he'll be out drinking and driving again probably.

The entire legal system is aimed at money, what happens if you litter? A fine. What happens if you speed? A fine. Hell, a friend of mine would always skip classes in high school and he had to go to court over it...the judge was going to fine him $75 every day he missed and everyday that he missed from then on.

I think if more families and friends dealt out their own justice...doctors and cops and everyone else in a position of authority or responsibility would be much more careful who they mess with.

just my opinion.

[edit on 14/6/07 by Pfeil]

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   
My own grandfather died because of hospital negligence, so this story really boils my blood.

I first saw this on CNN and was completely appalled by it. How can people, in a hospital, leave a poor woman to die, on the floor, rolling in her own vomit and blood that she regurgitated, and do absolutely nothing?? What kind of people have we become?

The whole thing was caught on tape too, but for some reason, cant be shown on television just yet. But, a man who saw the video was interviewed on CNN, and he said that at least 12 doctors, nurses, and other people, walked right by her, didnt do nothing.

The most appalling fact about this whole case, is that the janitor was even videotaped cleaning up the vomit and the blood from the ground, as the woman was lying there, he didnt even try to help her. Oh yea, he did a great job cleaning up the vomit and such, but he wouldnt even help the poor woman who was rolling around in it, dying?? This is absolutely, positively, discusting.

But, not everyone is gutless. There were 2 people who called 911, to try and get help for the woman because obviously no one in the hospital wanted to help, and the dispatcher said very rudely "This is not an emergency, your at a hospital", the woman said "of course this is an emergency, someones dying"...."well you are where you need to be"...the woman said "but they arent helping her"....the dispatcher said "thats not my problem, this line is for criminal emergencies, and theres nothing criminal here, so dont call" I mean it was a total lack of honor and duty on behalf of this dispatcher.

All these variables caused the death of a poor woman, and I sure as hell hope criminal charges are brought against the dispatcher, and the doctors and nurses at the hospital, they were indirectly responsible in the death of a person, and need to be held accountable.

[edit on 14-6-2007 by LightWorker13]

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 02:44 AM
link   
www.cbsnews.com...

This is the 911 calls about this incident.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Not only did the doctors, nurses, & cops do wrong. But so did the 9-11 operator. It’s her job to take the information and relay it to the proper officials. Not argue with the person calling. I would truly be suing the cops, hospital, doctors and nurses as well as the 9-11 operator. It don’t bring them back to life. But if you hurt them deep enough they might straighten up, and treat the next person like a person instead of a number.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   
They keep talking on tv about the janitors cleaning up around her, but why would anyone think the janitor would be responsible for doing anything other than his job?

This person has no medical skill, that's why he was mopping up floors instead of giving medical care, anyone in this type of position is taught to stay out of the way of the medical personnel and not interfere in their work.

He probably thought the hospital was swamped and someone would attend her asap. It sounds like the janitor was the only one doing his job, but none of his job was caring for patients other than cleaning their surroundings.

[edit on 14-6-2007 by goose]

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 04:23 AM
link   
If you walk in to a modern urban taxpayer(free) hospital these days and aren't gushing blood, you're going to be triaged as a minor patient. It happened to me at even though I knew I had internal bleeding (from colitis). This isn't excusing the medical personnel's action, it's just pointing out the inadequacies of our lack-of-health care system.

Police like military folks are only trained in basic buddycare and can't medically evaluate people. Only an EMT or more highly trained personnel could have accurately evaluated the poor woman's condition.

We live in a screwed up world. Preventable medical mistakes in the US alone kill 100k(5 times as many people as guns do) annually and that's a conservative gov't estimate. If you extraplate that to the rest of the world that's 2 million people a year which is far more than are being killed by direct armed conflict.

Right now this is a hot issue but we don't know the whole story. I lost my Grandmother in '05 because she waited to long to go to the hospital and by the time she got there, all they could do was give her pain meds and fluids to keep her alive a little longer. I'll not deny that this woman died a horrible death but I'll wait to see if she died of a drug overdose or some other self-inflicted malady.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The police department in question are equally liable in the eyes of the law. The patient in question was in legal custody at the time, meaning that the police have a legal duty of care to the 'prisoner'. In fact, the 'prisoners' health takes more priority than their custody, which means that if there is no other choice than releasing a prisoner in order to preserve life, then this is what should happen.

Until sentenced otherwise, a prisoner still has a right to life, and that right outweighs the publics right to have the prisoner in custody.

[edit on 14-6-2007 by PaddyInf]

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Sad that a county run Hospital that is supposed to help needy people is not getting the funds needed to keep running efficiently.

The downsized of the hospital could be the reason they cannot provided better care. However, it seems to me that most of the people interview and with the problems at the hospital seems to be Hispanic.

I am correct?
I don't think this is entirely a problem with funding. If anything, this is a problem with the hospital's triage process. How many emergencies could justify letting a woman vomit blood all over the floor?

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Unfortunatly that"s life. It totaly sucks, but that is the hard core reality. My guess is those Dr.'s and nurses, police, 911 people, and janitors have to deal with hard core reality every day. The reality being you can only do so much for people. The hard core reality is when there are not enough resorces avaliable to help people, then the ones with the money who donate, and the Dr.'s and nurses who volinteer get to decide who gets what resorces, and when. Unfortunatly for her and her loved ones, she was not a priority.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join