It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Worker Probe Spurs Raid In Oregon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Illegal Worker Probe Spurs Raid In Oregon

www.cbsnews.com

(AP) U.S. federal agents on Tuesday raided the offices of a food processing plant suspected of employing hundreds of illegal workers who used Social Security numbers that belonged to other people or were made up, authorities said.

By Tuesday morning, approximately 100 workers had been placed under administrative arrest to be processed for possible deportation, an official with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security said. More arrests were expected, the official said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
There are millions and all of a sudden they are going to raid Del Monte. Thats weird why them? Why are they not raiding all of them why just that plant?

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I will love to have them here checking on the contracts that the local electric company is giving away most of the digging is done my immigrants, also the chicken pocessing plants, the pecan, peanuts and oinions are immigrants.

I am talking hundreds and hundreds of them.

But they are protected, funny that they target Del Monte in oregon, I wonder why.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Thats what I cant understand there all millions down here harvesting fruit and vegies. Why arent they being arrested? Somebody at fresh Del Monte made the gov. mad.
I personaly seen a guy apply for a job at a vegie company and get dismissed because he had a SS card with the same # as someone who already worked there.
Well the guy comes back couple hours later with a new card and was hired.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Interesting that the SS was the reason why, after all we are having a lot of problems with SS been stolen every year by immigrants.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Isn't Nancy Pelosi somehow tied in with Del Monte?

It doesn't matter where they start, imo, as long as they start prosecuting these employers. In this case, only 48 out of 600 employees had valid social security numbers. This has got to have a social cost somewhere that is passed onto us, and that is unfair and illegal.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Well I really dont mind the illegal aliens but if I got caught with a fake SS card I bet i would spend a 100 years in jail.
The gov. knows they are using fake cards, they have been doing it since the 80's that I personaly know about, how could they not know. I worked for a farming company and they have hired illegals since the 1950's and they have never been raided.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I'd estimate that 95 out of 100 violators have never been investigated. It has only been recently that illegal immigration and all the problems associated with it have been brought into the spotlight.

Expect more incidents like this as the elections draw nearer.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I wonder if Oregon was one of the states that had the people voting for anti immigration laws during the congress elections.

I believe it was a few states that did that.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
If you must know, these immigration raids have been going on for a while, whether they are made public or not, here in San Diego.

A couple years ago they were going on the MTS Trolleys, and Busses detaining and interrogating passengers, asking for citizenship status and what not. This was happening when I was going to High School, and witnessed this first hand. More recently,there have been raids made here in the neighborhood where agents would go into local stores (Sawaya Bros., Arrow Market, Gonzale's Northgate Market, etc..) and asking random customers for citizenship status and detaining many of those people. The wierd thing about these raids, is that agents in civilian clothes were the ones conducting the questioning and detaining the people. Then, those who they detain are loaded into a Border Patrol marked van.

I don't know if you people have witnessed any of this were you live, but to me, this shows evidence that something is being done, and a lot of people do not recognize that. As time passes, more and more I here stories as such arise from people I know.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
They had a raid in my neighborhood about a month or two ago. they came to a small strip mall with bullet proof vests and machine guns it was the INS, FBI and police they arrested and detained many people it was on the news and we had a rally against it. The FBI was involved because one store on the strip mall was the one providing the fake ID with pictures and such. Its getting bad they want to deport all illegal aliens when this country was formed by illegal aliens and is being held together by "illegal aliens" but ok send them all back to where they came from so the country can collapse into itself. I personally think these raids are a scare tactic to anyone whos living here illegally and to those wanting to come over here illegally so they can think twice about it.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by M4K4V3LI
Its getting bad they want to deport all illegal aliens when this country was formed by illegal aliens and is being held together by "illegal aliens" but ok send them all back to where they came from so the country can collapse into itself.

No, it wasn't formed by illegal aliens. There were no immigration laws to break back then.

I personally think these raids are a scare tactic to anyone whos living here illegally and to those wanting to come over here illegally so they can think twice about it.

I hope it works, so that they go back home and stay there until they want to do things the legal way.

top topics

join