It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the speed of light and the laws of physics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Hi all, i've been thinking lately aboit a few things, including the laws of physics and alien spaceship technology. If these laws are just theories, of if there true is another story. But doesn't it say that if someone was to go faster then the speed of light that the person would almost explode and time would slow down. But how do you think, they tavel so fast? Do you think that the laws of physics are just theories, and that the universe can be pushed much farther?

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Or maybe everything would still be dark because light did not have enough time to catch up with you......or not

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by malakiem
Hi all, i've been thinking lately aboit a few things, including the laws of physics and alien spaceship technology. If these laws are just theories, of if there true is another story. But doesn't it say that if someone was to go faster then the speed of light that the person would almost explode and time would slow down. But how do you think, they tavel so fast? Do you think that the laws of physics are just theories, and that the universe can be pushed much farther?

You are asking a fantastic question. Einsteins theory tells us that we can't travel faster than light because matter will expand and time will slow down. But what if he was wrong? I have been working on a theory involving Quantum Physics and the ability of atoms being able to change it's atomic lock on our universe.

Studies in labs revealed atoms are capable of being in more than one place at one time. How does an atom achieve this? All matter in existence have a certain frequency to keep it locked in to our universe. If you can imagine your favorite radio channel, you know that there are hundreds of other radio channels sharing the same space and time as your favorite channel but you can't hear them because you are not tuned in to them.

The minute you change your channel, a new radio station is playing. What happened to your favorite station and music? It is still there but you can't hear it unless you tune into it. This is how matter works. There are many atoms set to different frequencies passing through each other and existing together sharing the same space and time.

Now imagine our solar system has an atomic frequency of 100, and the closet star which is four light years away has an atomic frequency of 200. Because nature is unforgiving and demands balance, nature will continue to balance the unbalance. If we change our atomic state to 200, what do you think nature will do? It will balance itself and place us where we belong which is four light years away.

In a nanosecond we will be placed in that solar system until we tune back into our atomic frequency. I have written several postings explaining my theory in full detail. Using conventional forms of propulsion will keep mankind millions of years behind other intelligent beings.

Back to the atom existing in more than one place at a time. What has happened is the atom somehow was capable of phasing out of our existence for a very short time and returned so quickly it existed with itself. Nature then balanced the imbalance causing the atom to merge back into one particle. Science continues to find more proof that alternate worlds exist sharing our space and time. I believe these beings are not traveling through space conventionally but using some form of phasing in and out of existence.

In space, there are very tiny particles that if struck will tear any craft apart. If one travels at the speed of light and happens to strike any of these particles, it would be a disaster. The only form of travel that would be safe and faster than the speed of light would be phasing in and out by changing the molecular properties of the craft and the occupants inside of it.

[edit on 13-6-2007 by blaqmyst]

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies everyone, including blaqmyst. I've wondered if einstein's theory was true or not. Blaqmyst, do you know any good resources on the internet that has information on psychics and different worlds were i can read more up on this? Any symposiums or physists that study this idea? Any place were i can get new research being done? Thanks blaq

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
my theory isnt wuite as technical.....but if you have a super conducter ((basically a magnet frozen with liquid nitrogen)) if electricity is added then you can cause wieght loss in the object so technically you can over come that whole infinite mass problem in conventional relativity ((supposebly))

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Thanks for the replies everyone, including blaqmyst. I've wondered if einstein's theory was true or not. Blaqmyst, do you know any good resources on the internet that has information on psychics and different worlds were i can read more up on this? Any symposiums or physists that study this idea? Any place were i can get new research being done? Thanks blaq

Sure! Here is where you can start your research.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.gps.caltech.edu...

Also research Quantum Entanglement

To understand a bit about creation, research PHI

goldennumber.net...

PHI is in everything created.

Here are some posting explaining my theory:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace

[edit on 13-6-2007 by blaqmyst]

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I would tend to thin that if inter-stellar space travel would be at all possible at "apparent" rates of speed faster than light , that there would be sort of dimensional boundaries broken as well.

Not neccesarily traveling faster than light speed, but crossing dimensional lines, it would appear to be "travelling faster than the speed of light".

Interesting topic, btw.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Alien spaceships don't necessarily have to travel faster than light. They could be travelling at or just below it. Time dilation would mean that the pilots experience a much shorter trip.

They may have found a way to travel faster than it. We never thought we could break the sound barrier but we did. Einstein says that the closer to the speed of light you go, your mass will get exponentially larger, so you will need more and more energy to accelerate. The speed of light is determined by the properties if space-time. I believe that if space time can be manipulated then perhaps the speed of light can be changed. Quantum teleportation is also a real phenomenon that could transfer you somewhere faster than light.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I think our laws of physics haven't been perfected yet. Or they can be applied in certain situation and other laws apply in others.
We are not done exploring all this yet, and it would be arrogant to say our current model is perfect

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
there are many answers possible. none of them is definitive.

- first: the theory of relativity has been proven but this doesnt mean that it is perfect. the laws of physics have proven themselves surprising quite a few times.

- second: the MHD that is described by a poster here I am not sure it would work in space. using super conductor materials to convey the energy generated by an antimatter battery to magnets powerful enough in order to lift the vessel is an interesting theory that has proven right . we currently dont know how to use superconducters at ambient temperature though and we are a long way from being able to use it in our everyday life (maybe some government agency has perfected the process though)

- now in order to travel a few million light years in space you can either try the straight line (it's really old school physics here
). and try to go as afast as you can
2 problems:
- your mass will increase and reaching light speed will require more and more energy (thus adding more mass...)
- given your speed you will age slower than the people you are visiting in another galaxy...

an interesting way would be:
- twin universes composed of antimatter and there is no life: you basically enter this universe where the speed limit on the highway is far greater than the speed of light in our universe
- space/time warp: you have mastered gravity (and the law of relativity
) and you can generate enough mass around you to create a wrap in space that will bend space and time. instead of travelling a straight line you will create a shortcut in the universe.

problem with the first scenario: we are discovering quantum physics. twin universe pohysics may be the next step

problem with the 2nd: I let you imagine the energy required to bend space and time (basically creating your own worm hole....)

both have great advantages: you travel in space/time great distances WITHOUT experiencing the time problem (when time passes more slowly for you than for the person you are visiting a few million light years away)

add to that you need to cancel inertia as you are traveling at speed where no human body can withstand the speed without being ripped off... imagine you are in a car, at max speed and all of a sudden you need to avoid an obstacle. high chances your airbag will go off, and you will bounce on the wheel... even worse at speed of light or greater

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I don't think Einstein is wrong. Newton wasn't wrong either. In Newton's day the prevailing view of reality WAS Newtonian Mechanics. That theory still works. It's just that Relativity and Quantum Mechanics provides a framework where Newtonian Mechanics still works, but it doesn't 'tell the whole story.'

My suspicion is that there is a theory that can explain Einstein and Newton and also explain how to circumvent the speed of light. Once again, it's not that Einstein is wrong, it's just that his theory does not completely explain reality. In some ways Einstein is very 'Newtonian' in his approach. We're going to go out there in a rocket ship and somehow accelerate until we approach the speed of light and punch through that bugger and, oh, wait. we can't carry enough fuel. As we accelerate our mass increases to the point where it is infinite. And time slows down. Oops. Sorry, can't go faster than light.

It's kind of like my son who, when faced with going from one room to another will inevitably choose to walk through the wall instead of use the door. It would be a whole lot easier if he used the door, but he'd rather try the wall. That's not good for either him or the wall. In the same way, I suspect there's a door we can go through to circumvent the speed of light; we just haven't found it. What could it be?

Warp Drive. It's really easy to say, well, it's just warp drive, but that doesn't cut it. You can't invent by proclamation.

Wormholes: Nice idea, but a perversion of the theory. Wormholes are TINY. The best approximation of understanding the wormhole theory is in Michael Crichton's "Timeline" where they use wormholes to travel back to the 12th century.

Entanglement: This is where a change in one atom is reflected instantly in another atom way far away, thus pointing to faster than light. This has great promise, but bear in mind we're talking the atomic level here and the whole thing is in its infancy.

Dimensions: Without any scientific proof whatever I'm placing my bet on some sort of interdimensional theory. I don't know the mechanism by which it could work. But I think the door is somehow connected with other dimensions, and I think that theory could explain a whole lot that is now mysterious or considered whacko science. It could even explain religion.

And, not to put to fine a point on it, it could explain the 'alien presence' (if there is one). the implicit assumption at the beginning of this is that the 'aliens come from outer space. Other planets are far away. They must have beaten the speed of light. How do you think they did it?' (Fair summary?) My contention is, maybe they didn't have to. Maybe they are not from that far away in the first place. Maybe they just opened a door and walked in.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I think I didnt explain correclty the warp drive. there is a better source of information here:

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Those are interesting from a mathematical point of view, but there is one big problem.

How to create the magic "negative energy" which is the source term in Einsteinian gravitation. the theoretical physicists (Albucierre and Van Den Broeck) just assume it can exist and set some term in the field equations to work this way. To be blunt, we know absolutely no physical way to do that, and we have never observed any negative gravitational energy in any form ever.

It's ASSUMING the existence of some magic substance which we have never observed before.

www.ufologie.net...

While Alcubierre's bubble was spherical, Van Den Broeck envisioned a bottle-shaped bubble with a large interior and an extremely narrow mass. In other words, the bubble's inside could be large enough to fit a starship, but the mouth, where the negative energy would be located, would be microscopic.

The idea is interesting, Ford said, but it still doesn't quite add up.

"The problem is, it's unclear how to get the ship into it, like a model ship in a glass bottle." he said. "Nobody knows if it's possible to open the mouth up without expending huge amounts of negative energy. There are still significant barriers to creating it."

Van Den Broeck agrees. Though his warp bubble could run on less than a gram of negative energy, it is still physically impossible to generate that much today. And there are other issues.

Van Den Broeck does not underestimate the challenge of what is largely a theoretical proposition. "To have a warp bubble, you need to be able to manipulate space-time on a very small scale, and we can't do that yet."

[edit on 15-6-2007 by mbkennel]

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   
well, it seems you are pretty good when it comes to physics

I dont know much about this negative energy.
what I know is that, from an intellectual standpoint, it's an interesting theory.

ok: it has not YET been discovered, seen or observed... BUT it doesnt mean that it doesnt exist (which is also one of the statements of the articles from ufologie.net you have pasted).

Maybe it takes more than what we currently are able to understand in terms of theory or more than what we currently have to test such theory to observe for the first time negative energy...

top topics

join