It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BioMimicry: Products of the Future?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
An interesting article on biomimicry, using nature's design to produce more efficient, environmentally friendly products.

Natural designs, honed through millions of years of evolution, tend to be surprisingly efficient. Products built along those lines could replace the detritus of the first industrial age with cleaner, more elegant, and much more sustainable substitutes.

money.cnn.com...

This part caught my eye.

"The universe is made up of turbulence and movement," Harman says. "At first it looks chaotic, but it's not. The same patterns repeat. If you can understand the movement of the single whirlpool when you pull the plug in your bathtub, then you can understand a great deal about movement in the universe."

Is this just a rediscovery of what Viktor Schauberger observed back in the 30s about the power of vortices? I think so. Coincidently, this Jay Harmon of the recent article is a naturalist, as was Schauberger. The difference is that Schauberger allegedly produced a working flying saucer for the Nazis, not a more efficient fan blade.

This page goes in depth about Schauberger's inventions.
www.frank.germano.com...

An Austrian, Viktor Schauberger was first and foremost a naturalist. His primary focus was water as found in naturally occurring streams, rivers and lakes. In observing the movement of water he formulated his own ideas about its movement and energetic properties. They are applicable in air also. His ideas are quite contrary to accepted ideas, both then and now an dare even now imperfectly understood and debated. These ideas involved the vortex which was the way Schauberger believed that water naturally flowed both in the earth and in streams. Schauberger believed that energy naturally flowed in a vortex but that this movement was only visible through another medium such as water or air.

thewebfairy.com...

Question: Is this the establishment beginning to disclose secret technologies gained from the Nazis? Will we soon see a super-efficient, clean energy source?

[edit on 13-6-2007 by TheComte]

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Interesting article set, and thank you for collecting those into a post!

I can't speak for physics, but I do know that evolutionarily, structures and "concepts" evolve and re-evolve many times. The classic example is the "saber-toothed tiger". Smilidon is the classic critter shown, but there was a forerunner 20 million years before Smiley, that came from another species:
www.ucmp.berkeley.edu...

And Xenosmilis, too:
www.news.ku.edu...

The "T-rex" type of dinosaur body appears in a number of different dinosaurs... etc.

So taking advantage of nature's designs is a good idea, however they still have some flaws that can be improved upon.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Byrd, thanks for the applause.

It's interesting that this type of vortex technology is making an appearance now, when the Allies most certainly would have captured records/prototypes of Schauberger's work back in 1944. The article even gives credit to Harman for discovering it. I don't know, it's just too similar to Schauberger that I think there is a coverup here. This just affirms my belief that flying disc technology was developed by the Nazis and is terrestrial in origin.

[edit on 15-6-2007 by TheComte]

new topics

join