It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry & Lucifer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Masonic Grand Lodges promote the teaching that Lucifer is the Holy Spirit.

This article, which was sent to me by a friend, is very interesting. It points out that Grand Lodges promote Lucifer. If there are any replies from Masons, Please read the WHOLE article before commenting.

If there is still disagreement, please take up the challenge described in paragraph 17 and post your reply.

Please Note: I do not mean to offend you in any way, shape or form. I am meerly posting the article to get Masonic/Non-Masonic perceptions on this subject.

Source

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
XIII,

I am not a mason, but I feel I understand them more than the author of this article.

Masons refer to the GAOTU in order to avoid alienating people that aren't "mainstream religion": if a Buddhist became a Mason, he could believe the GAOTU was the creator of his faith, or perhaps the personification of order and kharma. Most believe the GAOTU is the God of Abraham (Jews, Christians, and Muslims that become Masons).

It's just a politically correct thing that focuses on philosophical growth rather than dogmatic bickering and feuding.

As for the pagan symbology, they are ancient symbols. Did you know almost all mainstream religious symbols were at one time pagan? The easter bunny is pagan. The Star of David is seen in pagan religious icons. The cross in different forms has always been used; it is a very simple symbol that represents the intersection of two lines. The eye is a symbol that represents "true perception".

Lucifer literally means "morning star". It was popularized as a term for Satan (meaning "the adversary") in Paradise Lost, Milton's (fabulous, I might add) epic poem. Lucifer, the morning star, and Venus, the morning/evening star (purely in the astronomical sense, though it is not a star), are associated, so he makes the point that it is a pagan goddess of beauty. Goddess=pagan=demonic in Milton's view, so Lucifer=Satan.

Most people understand that the Masons are a philosophical, spiritual group. Is the YMCA satanic because they say "creator" or "great spirit" and have triangles everywhere (mind,body,spirit)? That's a pagan symbol with no reference to God, but a spirit.

My opinion? This article is DOGMA/HATE. Thank you and good day.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
ps: The whole chain of books idea:

The Builders was a philosophical book that commended the author of M&M for his idealogy; nowhere did the book point to "pg. 428, the article about Lucifer". He probably didn't even remember that part or argument of the book, especially considering it's at least 428 pages long.

I consider the only connections between Masonism and Satanism debunkable to the highest degree.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
x i i i,

If your god is willing to turn his back on mason's as you claim, why do you care? What is your motivation? Masons's are not coming to you and saying "your path is forsaken".
So why can't you do the same for them?

Do the masons ever come to your church or home and tell you your doing it all wrong? I don't think so.

Personally I think you don't understand your own church has and does take the symbols and ideas of religions before it, and twisted them to fit it's own dogma. This is at the heart of your mis-understanding. Please study your christian history.

Masonry and then men whom comprise it are as diverse as the world itself. There are masons of every creed and religion. Some may choose to see Lucifer differently than you but that is thier decision. If God can grant man to worship as they see fit why can't you? Please quit spewing spiritual violence against those who choose a path differnt from you.
If you really, really, want to know, the only way is to become a mason.
But I doubt your God will allow you to. What a pity.
I'll pray for you.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Okay, here's a non-Mason viewpoint. It's malarkey. Masonry isn't a proponent of any particular religious doctrine. There are a lot of fundie pseudoChristian sites out there who will disparage everything from the Boy Scouts to the NFL as being of some ulterior Satanic motive.

It's about control. They don't want you to think. They want you to roll over and donate like a good little zombie.

If all these holier-than-thou psychos devoted a tenth of the time to helping the homeless, or parentless kids, or elderly shut-ins, or dozens of other worthwhile endeavors and left the Masons (and the Boy Scouts and the NFL, etc.) alone, everyone would be a lot better off.
[Edit for typo]

[edit on 6/14/2007 by yeahright]

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
FYI, I am not stating that these are MY beliefs and/or opinions, I am meerly trying to get a broader view on this concept.

The first line in my original post I was just quoting the title of the article.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 05:14 AM
link   
The page reads as a:

"This is why we're right, and if somebody who is knowledgeable tries to contradict us, they're just being stubborn and ignorant and know that we are right"

Err yea . . . BS meter pegged out on this one.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Ephiasians 5:11....disagree with them and they delete your posts.
Show them contradicting scripture and they delete your posts.
Offer proof than many of the members there who claim "masonic leadership" positions before finding Jesus are lying frauds and they delete your posts.

Swallow everything thay say hook, line and sinker and you will fit right in.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Oh... The irrelevance...

For those of us who don't subscribe to Christianity, the point of this topic, along with 5:11 website is moot. I will leave it to Christian Freemasons to decide if there is some incompatibility between their faith, and their chosen fraternity. I know a great many men that fall in this category, and there doesn't appear to be an issue.

Since Lucifer doesn't exist in my belief system, there can't be any incompatibility between Freemasonry, and Christian dogma. I do find it interesting that there is such hand wringing by these "enlightened" individuals, and I often wonder if this isn't a little left over angst by the institution of Christianity regarding "rival beliefs."

[edit on 22/6/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Hmmmmm...

First off, I would not expect that a site that has as its icon the square and compass with a red "no" symbol over it would be a um.. unbiased point of view no?

The second poster summed up exactly what Lucifer really is, and not through a paranoid Christians perspective..

And Mirthful added what I usually add. If your not Christian.. you cannot worship a Christian God.......... just not possible.

I think that it is rather odd that Christians are so self absorbed sometimes that they can think another people worship THEIR advisory even though they have no idea which religion each member worships, yet categorizes them as evil anyways.

new topics

top topics

join