It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transformer Viral Campaign / C2C Drone Hype

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Doc

Here is the IDW Transformers movie Comic Book section, there's images from 4 of the covers and the releases have started, #2 issue came out yesterday or so.

www.idwpublishing.com...

Images

www.idwpublishing.com...

www.idwpublishing.com...

www.idwpublishing.com...

www.idwpublishing.com...

I don't see anything looking like the Drone, there's even weird writing that looks nothing like what's on the C2C drone.

I can run to the comic book store and pick up the issues that are out and take a closer look, however I'm highly doubtful there's going to be anything there.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
What is with that sector7 website?

It makes no sense, just sends lines and lines of code down the screen. And when you click the power button a video of a marine comes up talking about the coming world war and threat levels etc etc...

I'm totally confused

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuefo
I might be wrong about the viral thing after all. Anything look familiar?

From this angle it looks kinda like the egg whip, but I think this is an illusion of the still photo. When you look at the entire trailer in motion this is more like epaulettes to make this monster look like he has big broad shoulders, better to squish you with. The egg whip illusion doesn't last when you see it in motion.

[edit on 6/14/2007 by schuyler]

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Promomag,
Thanks for the input...

Perhaps this thread should be re-titled "Viral Campaign/C2C Drone Hype"
Like I said I am not trying to prove or disprove the Transformer slant one way or another. In fact we are marketing the film on Google way better here on ATS than the Sector7 site... All I am looking for is the truth.

When the first C2C drone images appeared, i was knee deep in the Transformer Viral campaign/Sector7 secret site, so the timing struck me as odd... perhaps that coincidence is mine...

But then other posters suggested Transformers here, and I thought others should know about Sector7, but alas I was a lurker and not a member... So I emailed ATS

Now I am way over my head (ATS looks way different with all the avatars) trying to find the links and posts that everyone else had contributed to this train of thought. I am tired of trying to track all that down, while others are busy posting rebuttals before i can even collect the past evidence. I understand that certain people are well read on the possible drone/viral connection, but there are still people who haven't weeded through all the related posts.
So if someone else wants to provide the links, go right ahead...
But Like I said before, I am done...
DocMoreau

Also, here is a very weak Transformer Wiki
transformers.wikia.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
foof,
I don't know what is up with it... someone posted all the different passwords that one can use to access the site on the Big Basin Drone Thread...

Each password open different levels of content...

Someone also translated the buttons at the bottom and its in Klingon (What do klingons have to do with Transformers?) and it reads GOTCHA!

What we have to remember, these drone images were first leaked to C2C(right?), and Linda Howe jumped on board afterwards...

Whoever released them is playing the UFO believer community for fools...
Hoaxers or Viral Marketers, whatever... How many hours of "research" have we all wasted trying to find the source? Hours that could be used to try to uncover a real life Shadow Government Agency with possible backengineered UFO tech perhaps? Thats definitely something to think about...

DocMoreau

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I just returned from the Comic Book store and purchased Issue #1 and Issue #2 Of IDW's Transformers - based on the upcoming movie.

I've scanned everything from the cover to the end of both comic books, nothing in there represents in the slightest of anything on the C2C drones, no writing, no egg beater looking machine thing, no drone or probe or satellite in any shape or form that looks anything close to the C2C drone.

I think we can continue to speculate the viral relationship to the Transformers movie / universe until the movie comes out. However, I think the attention invested into Transformers is possibly distracting the attention to possibly look else where for the answers on this.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Here's a novel idea... Everyone chase down the lead they think is the most appropriate, that will save the "wasted/distracted time" element some are concerned about won't it?

I suggest that if you have the analytical capabilities to see outside the "exact match" box and understand design elements you will easily see the connection between the "drones" and HALO and, yes even the down trodden "Transformers". The concept is they are an inspiration from something, that something probably won't be an exact match.

The MORE "inspirational matches" we can find the more data we have.

Just a thought though.

Springer...

[edit on 6-14-2007 by Springer]

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I was thinking the design might be close to something like 2001 or Close Encounters.... I know there's a ship in Close Encounters that has some kind of familiar feel:

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocMoreau
f
Someone also translated the buttons at the bottom and its in Klingon (What do klingons have to do with Transformers?) and it reads GOTCHA!

DocMoreau

I have looked and looked but I cant find any translation of the text like the one you describe...
Where is it?

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Here is a ufo light from a design blog

www.designspotter.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Sorry about this, but me and promag... I think that was his name showed something from the beast wars "The Probe" episode in the second Big Basin Thread on page 9. I don't really want to say it all again, so if you want you can look at it and the youtube video there. Basically, you don't look at the PROBE, you look at the mother ship that launches it. It is a disc with long antennae and limbs protruding from it in a similar design to the Capitola photos (or whichever had a couple more limbs).

edit: Sorry promomag... I suck at remembering stuff like that.

[edit on 14-6-2007 by rickjamesia]

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

The MORE "inspirational matches" we can find the more data we have.

[edit on 6-14-2007 by Springer]

Good observation. That's what I was trying to do with the Phantom Sentinel and I was surprised to see no one thought anything of it except Springer. Then I noticed the very similar cage spines on the transformers trailer and actually got a negative comment. So I don't know if it's all in vain, but I'm still going to try to find something, somewhere, that ties into this thing, not necessarily a direct match.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Tiloke, et al...

It was I who found the connection to S7/Transformers site and the Klingon text (thanks to Springer for the original PWDs/links, etc).

Here's the "Gotcha" translation...

BTW - just spent two days devouring everything I could find on both the Beast Wars and Halo3 "underground" sites - and above ground for that matter - there is no direct 1-to-1 correlation with any drone/probe/craft or with any alien/human glyph/font sets.

Yes, some craft/glyphs may be "inspired" by our enigmatic drone. Yes, it is likely a hoax/CGI. It may also be a part of a viral marketing campaign. It may not.

The case is not closed. Anyone with even the slightest bit of evidence (circumstantial welcome), wild conjecture, ideas, links - anything - please be encouraged to post. We'll follow up...

I'm determined (as many of you are) to get to the bottom of this. Too bad I have no one I can bill my time to... I'd be rich by now...

In any case - thanks to all ATS posters: you're the best. Keep looking up!

[edit-fix link]

[edit on 6/15/2007 by Outrageo]

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Thanks Outrageo!
That was the post I was talking about...

I really appreciate you reposting that. I couldn't refind it.

Either way, bravo on cracking the Klingon text. I doubt any fans of the S7 website have posted that anywhere.

Doc Moreau

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
That's interesting... but was the "Gotcha?" for the "secret documents" or whatever they had, or is it trying to point out that they were doing something on a larger scale to get attention. Whether or not this is the case, they are of course getting attention, even if it is negative. I'll have to stand by the idea that the Transformers theory is the most likely so far. The crafts ARE transforming, and with each transformation they are looking closer and closer to the Autobots' mother ship. If the next photo to be seen has a ring below the main disc, I would find it very hard to say that any other possible inspiration is closer to these drones. The whole use of the name Chad is still seeming to be one of the biggest clues.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The "gotcha" Klingon text merely spelled out a sequence of characters that were on click-able buttons at the bottom of the initial Sector7/Transformers web site.

In addition to the "Chad" connection. this not-so-subtle attempt at clandestine humor by using Klingon characters to spell a hidden word smacks toward the viral theory some are proposing.

IMO, not quite enough yet for conviction however...

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I think the difference and similarities of the different drones, the "Transform your picture" marketing thing that was mentioned, the fact that the drones are becoming more and more similar to the mother ship in Beast Wars, and the statement that these claims started at almost the same time as the Transformers sector 7 thing along with the multiple appearance of "Chad" in important characters and people surrounding both the movie and the drones is getting pretty close to enough to at least accuse them outright, though. Also, the drone contained some Katakana-looking characters, and Klingon looks similar to katakana and hiragana for most of it's characters. If it's not viral marketing, then I at least think that it's a group of transformers enthusiasts who are taking the transforming picture bit too far. However... millions of dollars worth of computer graphics designers could make a pretty convincing picture. Although, they do seem to have problems, as people have mentioned shadows, and the underbelly of the drones not being darker as huge mistakes. Well... unless it's self-luminescent.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I went to IMDB and looked at all the staff that has worked on the Transformers film, and there is a Chad S. Frey that worked in the art department of the film. Be it that he was a set designer, it's still interesting I suppose. There are many Chads in the world however, probably a Chad or two working in every film in history! Nonetheless, here is his IMDB profile:

www.imdb.com...

[edit on 16-6-2007 by MetisElara]

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 02:34 AM
link   
UPDATE:

I've done some digging on this Chad S. Frey and have discovered that he lives in California, has a wife, they are a young and lively, very attractive couple. Chad has an emphasis in hand drafting model construction, as well as such computer skills as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, and Adobe Flash. The link to his personal website is below. Be sure to download his PDF formatted newsletters. They contain some of the design and sketch work he did for Transformers. He seems to be highly skilled and technical. That sketch is very complex.

www.freyart.us...

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I always thought that the photos looked more like a model than a CGI rendering. This would indeed put some fire to that theory, but it's only my humble opinion

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join