It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transformer Viral Campaign / C2C Drone Hype

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by M Grandin
In site

www.freerepublic.com...

they showed this

THAT did it. From THAT picture. I'm convinced. It's man-made. From whatever that guy has in his basket. That's the top. All throughout this subject of "The Chad-Drone", I have thought "I can build one of these pretty simply in 1/25 scale, out of plastic and bits....but, how do I do that top?"
I'm a scale modeler. Dream it? I can somehow build it it scale. So all along I've been pondering the top, and BAM! There it is.

Now....what is it? Is that a plant? It almost reminds me of "Gutter Guards" which slide into a rain gutter, above the downspout, to keep leaves and debris out of the downspout.

But, really, what are the contents of the basin he's holding? And in his back pocket?
Where can I get one?

Cuhail

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail
THAT did it. From THAT picture. I'm convinced. It's man-made. From

I'm thinking maybe this is a joke picture, though. The guy has been out capturing drones in the sea. Hasn't someone just photshopped the drone into the basket multiple times?

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Yeah....I think you're right.

Man! I was so like- There's the core! It's a model! HA!

Alas, no.

Trudging along....

Cuhail

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   

But, really, what are the contents of the basin he's holding? And in his back pocket?

Just for the record, the original photo is of a New Orleans looter in the aftermath of hurricane Katrina, 'liberating' a whole lot of Heinekens.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Aha. Silly me. Never saw the original myself. Too bad, I'm never gonna replicate one of the drones with Heinekens!

They got me.
Cuhail

p.s.
If it were Guinness on the other hand...

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Here is the Pioneer 10 Satellite

Pioneer 10 was launched on March 2, 1972 from Cape Kennedy aboard an Atlas Centaur rocket for a two-year mission to Jupiter. Now, over thirty-one years later, the probe is about twice as far from the Sun as Pluto. It's bound for interstellar space at 13 km/s (28,000 miles per hour) heading in the general direction of the first magnitude star Aldebaran. On board is a gold plated aluminum plaque of which the above is a facsimile. Even though we may recognize the markings and know what they represent, especially with the written explanations provided, please notice how easy it might be for a distant space civilization to interpret the inscriptions as alien symbols or writing. Critics contend the message on the plaque is way too difficult to understand. Almost none of the human scientists that were shown the message were able to decipher it, at least quickly or in its totality. It can be assumed that it will be even more difficult for extraterrestrial intelligences that do not share our common knowledge. It is expected that finders of the plaque will spend generations trying to decipher it, much like deciphering the Egyptian hieroglyphs took centuries --- so it is of little wonder that the Roswell hieroglyphs would meet the same fate here on Earth.

www.angelfire.com...

Now, there's as much relationship to the Pioneer 10 satellite if not more so than it has any relation to anything in the Transformers universe.

I believe the drone images from the Transformers that some people are excited over is actually from The Beast Wars... which has absolutely little to do with Transformers the movie as far as I can tell....

I really think any relationship to the Transformers is a pretty far stretch. However there's Halo 3, which unfortunately, I don't know that much about, but I'm sure there's people out there that are familiar with this Game and know a lot more than I do.

I won't discount this as not being something to do with Viral Marketing, however I'm pretty confident, it has nothing to do with the Transformers.

If I'm wrong, cool, it's more important to me that the mystery be solved, but at this point, there's no solid conclusion here.

** Fixed Images and linked external source

[edit on 14-6-2007 by promomag]

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

THAT did it. From THAT picture. I'm convinced. It's man-made. From

I'm thinking maybe this is a joke picture, though. The guy has been out capturing drones in the sea. Hasn't someone just photshopped the drone into the basket multiple times?

Damn schuyler. You're funny

You can still see the blue outline on the copies, you have to be blind not to notice that

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
C'mon, no picking on Mr. Squinty here! I never saw the original picture of him carrying Heinies.

Well...it is kinda funny. Ya know, I don't have any sort of problem with ADD, it's just...ooo look! A chicken!

Cuhail

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
By the timeline that is outlined with the release of photos of these drones I estimate another photo sighting to come out in the next few days...

It looks like a pattern, if I'm correct and another photo sighting comes out in the next 2 or 3 days... then I think we can safely move this towards hoax and or viral marketing

Here is the Time line of photos:

organelle7.blogspot.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Plot of the Transformers Film (2007) from wikipedia:

In the Arctic Circle during the 1800s, Captain Archibald Witwicky falls into an abyss and lands on a robotic hand partially buried in the ice. He finds staring back at him the eyes of Decepticon leader Megatron, who burns a map showing the location of the life giving[1] Allspark into Witwicky's eyeglasses. These are handed down to his descendant, Sam, in the present day.[2] Elsewhere, Decepticon Blackout attacks a United States Air Force base in Qatar in the present day, grabbing and absorbing information from a computer while he destroys the base and deploys Scorponok. Scorponok chases Captain Lennox and his Special Ops team in the desert and in a village. Lennox then makes a phone call to The Pentagon, which sends a jet to fight off the Decepticon. Sam Witwicky buys his first car, which happens to be the Autobot Bumblebee. Bumblebee helps Sam to gain Mikaela as his girlfriend. The Autobots come looking for Archibald's glasses, while hiding in Sam's yard, and the nefarious Sector 7 comes to invade Sam's house.[3] The film eventually concludes with a battle that begins at the Hoover Dam[4] and concludes in Los Angeles as Autobot leader Optimus Prime and Megatron face off.[5]

en.wikipedia.org...

Also further down the page:
from Effects:

In rendering the Transformers on screen, Michael Bay chose a direction that heavily stressed advanced kinematics and realistic engineering.[5] Feeling the classic "boxy" style of drawing Transformers would look fake in a three-dimensional environment, he decided to design each Transformer with thousands of visible pieces, giving the illusion of true mass.[32] Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura said that working out the transformations was mathematical equation of designing where parts went, to avoid cases such as Optimus Prime's disappearing trailer from the cartoon.[55] In keeping with Bay's desire to make a film about a robot alien invasion of Earth, the characters were also made to look less humanoid,[56] though Bay still wanted to keep them emotionally involving. One example was creating an eye design that resembled a camera shutter.[5] Such detail meant Industrial Light and Magic spent 38 hours rendering each frame of the characters' digital models.[29] Ironhide's gun alone has 10,000 pieces.[32]

from Marketing
Expanding the film's universe, IDW Publishing published a prequel comic book. Lasting for four issues, it was written by Simon Furman and IDW editor-in-chief Chris Ryall, and with art by Don Figueroa. Ryall was allowed to read the film's script to write the story, which follows Bumblebee from Cybertron to Earth and the origin of Sector 7.[74] Following this, a weekly adaptation of the film will follow in June.[75] David Cian was set to write the prequel novel Transformers: Ghosts of Yesterday but Alan Dean Foster took over, and he also wrote the novelization.[76]

Okay, so in the upcoming film, we have these points:

The movie is mostly set in California (where these Drone images are from)

Michael Bay stressed designs that would look more 'real' on screen, " Feeling the classic "boxy" style of drawing Transformers would look fake.." (which could explain why these drones do not fit the Transformer Universe that we know...)

More to come
DocMoreau

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Plot Summary to Transformers: Ghosts of Yesterday from wikipedia:

en.wikipedia.org...:_Ghosts_of_Yesterday

The story is set in 1969 and details the account of a top secret space ship called "Ghost-1", built by the American organization known as Sector 7. The ship was built by examining and reverse engineering the frozen remains of the Transformer Megatron. Sent into space at the same time as Apollo 11 to hide its trail, the ship is sent to orbit the far side of Jupiter to look for any more alien activity. However, the ship falls into a wormhole and emerges in an unknown part of the galaxy - where it is not alone.
The Ark and the Nemesis arrive, intrigued by the ship's Cybertronian design. Starscream leads the Decepticons on an attack as the humans flee. Bumblebee pursues them, as does Starscream, who hopes to annihilate the ship - and any traces of Megatron with it. Putting Bumblebee to flight, Starscream communicates with Ghost-1, pretending to be benevolent. He learns of the existence of the Allspark and Megatron and decides to string them along by telling them of the war. He hopes to provoke them into firing on the "evil" Autobots, who will destroy them. Optimus Prime arrives, having fought off Blackout's attack in orbit, saving Bumblebee from giant rock-chewing worms. They encounter Starscream and Ghost-1, who fire on them, burying them in the cave with more worms.
The humans, meanwhile, have become suspicious of Starscream's intentions, noting the differences between his behaviour and Prime's. Starscream betrays them and leaves them for dead. They manage to communicate with Prime and Bumblebee, telling them of Megatron and the Allspark. They eventually free themselves and head back into orbit, where a full-scale assault by the Decepticons is under way. Despite the Autobots' courage, they are outnumbered. Captain Walker of Ghost-1 makes the decision that they cannot flee, leading the Decepticons straight to their homeworld. They fire on Starscream as he and Bonecrusher prepare to finish off Prime. Starscream annihilates them in retaliation and retreats, severely wounded. Prime laments their sacrifice, but realises that they (and probably the Decepticons) will end up on Earth to find the Allspark.
On Earth, a different crisis unfolds. An order has come through to transport the frozen "Ice Man" from the Artic to a place of safe keeping somewhere near the West Coast of the United States, to be studied more concretely. The convoy carrying him is sabotaged and derailed by a Soviet spy, who indicates a KGB assault will take place to recover Megatron. A more immediate problem presents itself when it is revealed that Megatron is thawing out. As the weather worsens and the Russian attack begins, Megatron reanimates. Colonels Nolan and Kinnear, the convoy commanders, manage to stop the disorientated Decepticon leader by first driving a snow truck into him, then freezing him once more with liquid Nitrogen even as he killed them both. The soldiers, having fought off the Russian attack with the aid of a squad of Army Rangers, then resolve to complete Megatron's transportation.

So in the prequel comics we have three ships, The Ark, The Nemesis, and the reverse engineered Ghost-1.

We also have a Shadow Govt. Agency called Sector7, who takes Megatron to a 'west coast' location after a battle with Soviet spies...

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ETDisclosure

Originally posted by schuyler

Damn schuyler. You're funny

I was just trying to let the poor boy down easily. It's a helluva thing to be caught out in public. Least he's okay about it.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocMoreau
Michael Bay stressed designs that would look more 'real' on screen, " Feeling the classic "boxy" style of drawing Transformers would look fake.." (which could explain why these drones do not fit the Transformer Universe that we know...)

But they do, more or less, on the various trailers already released. They're more sinister than the original, which you might expect, but they still look pretty much like your garden variety transformer. The 'good guys' Wow! They're even uglier.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The transformers arrive to Earth in Protoform i.e. Meteorites / Rocks, you can see this in the previews as well as other videos that highlight the upcoming games based on the Transformers movie.

There is viral marketing videos I'm fully aware of as part of Sector7 and they obviously have a Viral Marketing feel to them... check them out below:

www.sectorseven.org...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
From Wikipedia, discussing the "Transformer Universe"

en.wikipedia.org...

The live-action film Transformers is directed by Michael Bay and produced by Steven Spielberg, Don Murphy and Tom DeSanto, with a screenplay by Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman. The film goes for a more complex design aesthetic than previous Transformer incarnations, as well as a larger human focus. As well as the film itself and two potential sequels, there is also a four issue prequel comic book by IDW Publishing and another prequel in the novel Transformers: Ghosts of Yesterday.
The first issue of the prequel comic shows that Optimus Prime and Megatron rule Cybertron together, until Megatron begins a war to fully control the life giving Allspark. Optimus sends it to another planet to make sure Megatron does not get his hands on it. Bumblebee, a war hero, is sent to find it though, as its absence will cause Cybertron to shut down.[72] Megatron comes to Earth to capture the Allspark, but landing in the Arctic burnt up on entry and lacking energon causes him to enter stasis-lock. In the nineteenth century, Captain Witwicky discovers his body, and it is taken by Sector 7 in storage.[73] In 1969, Sector 7 has reverse engineered a spaceship named Ghost 1 from Megatron and launch it on the same day as Apollo 11 for distraction. It winds up in a battle between the Autobots and the Decepticons on their stations the Ark and the Nemesis and end up sacrificing their lives helping the Autobots. Learning of Megatron's location, they move ahead to Earth, although Starscream is not too keen on finding Megatron, wanting to keep his position as leader. Soviet forces attempt to steal Megatron but are killed during his brief re-activation.[74] In 2003, Bumblebee arrives on Mars. Travelling to Earth, he avoids Sector 7's agents and locates information on Captain Witwicky. On Mars, the Decepticons arrive and smash the Beagle probe.[75]
Optimus, Megatron and Bumblebee will be in the film, as will Starscream, Jazz, Frenzy, Ironhide, Scorponok, Ratchet, Brawl, Bonecrusher, Barricade and Blackout.[76]

More information about the film backstory. Apparently by reading futher in that link, there are serious discrepancies throughtout Transformer fiction in timelines/continuities

More to come...
DocMoreau

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Found my original email to Springer... Thanks again! Glad I signed up!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Posted by Springer, on May 22, 2007 at 16:22 GMT

This just in from the "Contact ATS Button":

Hello, I have been following the C2C drone fotos, and found mention of it on your boards. I am interested in joining, but thought that this information should get to you guys asap about the drones and maybe you could share it... I am not sure the boards would like a newbies input, ha ha...

Anyway, there is some speculation in the posts that the drone is a possible Transformers movie viral marketing campaign...

I had been already thinking that since the first Chad photos appeared on the C2C website, because I had already stumbled upon a viral marketing website set up for the movie! On the website it shows video and stills of possible 'aliens' on a fake Shadow Agency called Sector7.
www.sectorseven.org...
They have had numerous passwords leaked through the ads and trailers, and the most current password is: GRAVESEN But if you log in using the code: codeblack Then you can see some text very similar to the markings on the underside of the C2C drone ufo

In addition to the photos on their site they also have photos of activists protesting them etc... There is also a site that is like a activist anti site called www.vector-sigma.org...
password: MEGAMAN (all caps)
I am not sure if you need to log in to the site to see this link:
www.vector-sigma.org...
but it is a 'document' that states that the 'Shadow Agengy' has known for a very long time about the Transformers, but have kept it hidden from the general public.

There is also a comic book series prequel that has come out setting up the movie, and describes drones looking for the Allspark.

it is also interesting to note that ILM, the special effects house that worked on the movies is almost directly between Tahoe, and Capitola Ca. In fact, the drone would have had to have flown over I-5 without being seen to go from Tahoe to Capitola, almost passing over Skywalker Ranch on the way!
Please pass this info on! Maybe the posters should look into finding those comic books, and seeing if the 'drone' is similar to crafts in the Tansformer universe. It could also be for the Fanstastic Four, silver surfer...
Take care,

Springer...

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Oops, should have hit refresh be fore I posted some of that...

There is more, on other threads...
Like I said in my opening post, it was my hope to collect all the possible Transformer Viral Campaign information that the ATS community has found. There are several other posts in the various other C2C drone threads where terrific connections have been made...

If anyone else wants to track them down and provide links, cool... but I think i am done... It is my opinion that this is still a possible aspect of the Transformer marketing campaign, or Halo3 like Hunt3r proposed, with his photo evidence/link...

There are just so many coincidences that there is some 'meat' here... I am not sure I have done a good job making a case either way, but I am tired of trying. Too many condescending opinons.

My main goal with this thread was to help explain a possible reason for these Hoax Drones. That and to illustrate a concerted marketing campaign where a shadow government agency hides the existance of alien technology while coincinding with fantastic images of being leaked to any and every 'legitimate" media outlet that deals with UFOs/Aliens. I thought others might be able to read between the lines, because such an outlandish plot is very similar to the main Thesis main members of ATS present. Maybe I was not able to strike that chord...

Thanks to all who have supported my train of thought...
Now maybe I can figure out what to use as a Avatar...
Doc Moreau

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I might be wrong about the viral thing after all. Anything look familiar?

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Very interesting Yuefo...

Is that from the Transformer Video Game?
Or a shot from the Film

DocMoreau

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
It's from the movie trailer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join