It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transformer Viral Campaign / C2C Drone Hype

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Ok, I recently joined ATS (but a sometimes lurker) to try to help qwell the hype on here about what in my opinion were CGI composite images. (I am BFA graduate of The School of the Art Institute of Chicago with a focus in Painting/Digital Imaging) Before anyone on here mentioned any possible Transformers connection here to any possible drone craft, I had already become aware of a Viral Marketing Campaign in support of the upcoming Transformer film.

This Viral Campaign backstory that includes a shadow government in possesion of Transformer Technology, and how they have manipulated the public perception that the Transformers were fiction (This includes the toys/cartoon, which the viral campaign hoax documents state were to "open the minds of children" for the future arrival). Then appear the Original "Chad Drone" and I started thinking to myself that it was actually part of the Transformer Campaign that i was trying to follow, and that C2C had somehow jumped onboard without vetting the images. Then while researching the Drone photos, I found discussion about it on ATS, and had thought that the CGI experts were able to defuse the situation.

Then the "Raj Drone" appeared accross the state of California from where the "Chad Drone" appeared. It appeared somewhat different than the "Chad Drone" but similar enough for me to think that it must be a part of the same campaign, and someone even mentioned the possibility here on ATS. At that point I decided to send some of the info I had found regarding the Viral Campaign websites via email to the ATS staff. This information included the backstory about the captured Transformer technology and how there were similarities in the writting found on the websites and the drone crafts.

I thought that would be enough until this new "Big Basin Drone" photo appeared, at which time I could not handle "how the investigation was going" and had to join ATS. But since I lack the familiarity of how to post on here, and all the rules associated with doing so, I can not keep up with three different, but related threads...

So it is my hope that the ATS community will help in this thread to debunk the Transformer Viral Campaign/C2C Drones connection. Either there is or there isn't.
If there is, then the C2C/Earthfiles crowd were used to help perpetuate a Viral Marketing campaign and should actually be ashamed of their own sensational nature getting the best of them. If there isn't, than we can definitely look elsewhere for a source of these drones, whether it is terrestrial/government, extra-terrestrial, or a straight up hoax.

If it is a Viral Marketing Campaign, we are only helping it along by talking about, in fact maybe actually salvaging a campaign that was limping along. I don't know. But instead of spreading dis-info across three threads, lets compile all our Transformer Conspiracy info on one thread, see how/where it compares to the C2C Drones and put a nail in their Viral Campaign's coffin!

Thank you for your Time.
Doc Moreau

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
i have no earthly idea what you just said

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
That's an interesting idea, and you're probably close to the mark...
That is one amazing school you went to. I hope you realize how priveledged you were to attend....

The biggest nail in the coffin for the C2C drone is the "wording" on it... Serves no purpose other than trying to make it more than it is...

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Well, I've been following the threads as a lurker and I still can't decide what the heckis going on. They could be part of the Transformers promotion, but wouldn't it be more obvious to the world if they were? I don't see Autobot or Decepticon insignia anywhere on the drones...

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Thanks for the needless oneliner Jeffery... Maybe read through the 100 pages of commentary about the coast to coast drones and try to weed out the info regarding a possible Transformers film Viral Marketing campaign

and I wonder why i never joined this place....

Gazrok, thanks for the input. I am having a hard time tracking it all, especially now that I have joined, and I see all the avatars. its very confusing.

Here is some of what I have seen in all the different threads, but i can't find them to provide the links.

There is a backstory to the current Transformer film involving prequel comic books and a viral marketing campaign with websites.

Someone here translated the language on the Sector7 Shadow Governmant website, and it was indeed Klingon, and spelled out Gotcha! at the bottom of the page.

In the new Big basin threads someone has found Drones from an animated Transformer series that more than somewhat resemble these drones in a similar way that the new Optimus Prime 'resembles' the cartoon...

I don't know, i just need some help to wade through all the great stuff everone here has found to prove this one way or another...

I mean, I think this Topic even needs more discriptive tags that the C2c Drone one I gave it...
HELP!!!

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I dont think the drones are anything more than cgi. If it is a viral marketing campaign for the new transformer movie I think its a flop and they really missed their target audience. The only places these drones are being discussed are on ATS and a few other ufo sites.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Keeb,
I think if you look at the all links, once I can find them and put them here, the viral websites are designed to look real, and if you have the UFO community say that these images look real to them, at least until the movie comes out, you help lead creedance to your backstory of a shadow government in control of reverse engineered Transformer Tech...

They could be part of the Transformers promotion, but wouldn't it be more obvious to the world if they were? I don't see Autobot or Decepticon insignia anywhere on the drones...

Once I can find the wikipedia link, i will post it, but there is a plot summary of the prequel comic books somewhere that talks about two different Transformer ships... The ARk and something else... and a reverse engineered ship called Ghost01 or something like that...

Like I said, all of the information is interlaced into the greneral C2C Drone discussion. It was my hope that we could discuss the pssibilities here, without derailing the other Drone threads (which seem to still be debating whether these are CGI) even after I supplied my own hoax photo of the most recent "Big Basin Drone" hovering over the Luxor hotel, and asking besides Exif data and eye witness accounts, what proof is there that the Big Basin Photo is more real...

ETSHRTSLR:
I never said that the campaign was hitting on all cylinders, plus what you are no differentiating is the discussion of the Drones and the Discussion that it is a Viral Marketing Campaign. ATS might one of few places still discussing these Hoaxed CGI images, but only to hopefully find the source of the hoax...

Here is a google link of "Viral Transformer":
www.google.com...

And another site with the Drone/Transformer connection:
www.metafilter.com...

Gazrok:
Thanks man... I do feel blessed. I really miss access to all the facilities... ART SCHOOL!

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
like I said in the Original c2c drone topic... If this IS a viral ad, I WILL be suing all companies involved. Ive already spoken with a few law buddies of mine and have been told I would have a case. If its just some random hoaxer they could just say its "art" and there would be no case. But for a viral ad to market a movie that "COULD" cause mass panic around the world that profits from it, is just not right and will be dealt with if that turns out to be the case.

now what if this thing is real? Ive actually started leaning more this way after seeing people TRY to make similar photos with NO SUCCESS in my opinion. they can make a model that looks similar, yes, but they cannot make it look as real as it does in the chad, raj, and big photos. well from everyone Ive seen try that is.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
If you've been following all the threads from the beginning I think the people who kept insisting these things are real have pretty well fallen by the wayside. (Edit: Oh, dear, there's one now!) If the threads have come to any conclusion, I would think it is that these drones are fake. It took awhile, but no one's coming on here insisting the skeptics are way out of line any more and the arguments on lack of aerodynamics and gravity drives have died down.

the other growth issue is the changing appearance of the drones through the various sightings. basically, the drone is becoming more complex. They look like different drones picking up more pieces, though this is also a good argument for CGI as the artists continues to refine the design.

The real argument now is whether the link to the Transformers is a wrap. Some people think it is based on the 'similarity' between the older probe from the cartoon and the drones themselves. The similarities include the timing itself just prior to release of the movie, the name "Chad" associated with the original drone and also the first name of the art director on the film, the similarity of the wings on the probe and the drones, and the existence of alien writing, apparently on the 'probe,' the drones, and the viral marketing web site.

Writing problem:
The problem I have with the writing is that it is different on the drone and the viral web site. Quite frankly, I can't see the writing on the probe. There are vague shadows there, but I can't resolve them. The viral web site has clear letters, some are in Klingon, esp.: Gotcha. But the writing on the drones has defied decipherment. We've had good people working on it, and so far there is no translation. The writing on the drone is not the same as on the viral web site. The only similarity is that they both are 'alienesque' writing.

Appearance Problem:
There is a vague resemblance between the probe and the drones, primarily the 'wing' size and shape. The rest of the drone is far different than the probe. The most obvious attribute of the drone, the egg whip, is totally absent on the probe. The type of metal (?) used in the drone looks similar to the probe. The overall shape and appearance of the drone, however, is far different than the probe. One argunent is that producers changed the shape of the drone as an update much as in a movie remake they would update the automobile models. If that's a point on the side of them being the same, okay. I think that is a pretty weak argument myself.

Viral marketing Problem:
I accept what people have said about how viral marketing works. You try to create a buzz around what you're selling in subtle ways, gradually revealing what it is all about. The thing is, you have to make the connection, and we're having a hard time doing that. There's enough different that it makes you question the connection. The writing is different. Why isn't it the same? Why isn't there a closer match? WHAT buzz? ATS doesn't count. Maybe C2C does, though, but this is still all fringe stuff. It isn't on the radar screen of the mainstream and they've only got two weeks left.

Now, we're being set up here for no conclusion. If further information determines this is definitely a viral marketing campaign for Transformers, then I'm sure the early posters on this idea will feel very clever about themselves. If the connection cannot definitely be made, there will be those who say that it was nevertheless, but just that the campaign was a failure. That way we'll still have something to argue about.

In any case. we're about due for another sighting of a more complex drone, eagerly awaited, I'm sure.

[edit on 6/13/2007 by schuyler]

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I thought the guy who supposedly posted the photos was named chad something or other and the name was a match with an old transformers character. that would be the nail in the coffin, no?

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by highCT
like I said in the Original c2c drone topic... If this IS a viral ad, I WILL be suing all companies involved.

That ought to be fun to watch. It will get some great publicity (at your expense, I'm afraid). I'll also enjoy Linda Howe and what she has to say. I do hope you do it right away when the movie is out. That way you will contribute more to the buzz than the viral campaign has. Hey!
Indeed, that MAY be the real issue here! You can imagine a conversation in the meeting room of the PR Firm:

"OK. Here's what we'll do. Establish a viral campaign among the fringies. We know they will jump at anything and call it real because they SO want to believe. (laughter) When we reveal what this really is, it will anger some of them and they'll sue. Then we'll make sure the suit gets good airtime, which will ratchet up the movie even more! By the time the judge throws it out of court, we'll be past the hump anyway, so it is sure to be succssful!"

"Hey, brilliant, Rajif, why don't you put up the first one?"

"Nah, let Chad do the first one. I'll work on the second for the following week."

"OK boys. Good one. Let's get moving!"

[edit on 6/13/2007 by schuyler]

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I think a lot of UFO 'enthusiasts' are scared green by the possibility that the C2C images may be genuine (kind of like enjoying horror movies and then finding out zombies may be real after all) and are making up all kinds of stories to explain the pics away. The 'Transformer campaign' is one of these stories but I have yet to see any evidence that it exists.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PersonFromPorlock
I think a lot of UFO 'enthusiasts' are scared green by the possibility that the C2C images may be genuine

Really? You think people are frightened of the drones? But look. There are no gun ports, so nothing's going to zap you. There isn't any room in one of those to abduct you, so you're safe there. And they look pretty flimsy. I bet you could knock one of those down with abot a 4" "salute" mortar from the 4th of july--tarnish it up a bit anyway.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
All this, of course, assumes we are in fact making the indisputable correlation between these drone images and the Transformers movie.

It's an interesting theory, has some merit. I guess we'll have to wait until the release, or later, for some kind of proof/validation.

If it's true, then I'll be relieved and can move on to other conundrums. This one is taking up too much time as it is and we're kind of at a stand-still.

If someone has convincing evidence that this is indeed a Transformer viral initiative, I'd love to see it. With all due respect to our CGI experts, mods/admins, and many esteemed posters - although some resemblances and similarities may be made - neither the craft itself, the consequence in names, similitude in fonts, nor any other item has presented itself as a 100% match. In fact, most attempts at establishing corroborative links are, in my eyes, a slight stretch of the imagination.

In aggregate, yes, there are quite a few supportive, even substantiative morsels to contemplate. As a detective, I would even agree that things are mighty suspicious (with the Transformer connection) and worthy of increased investigation. But proof it is not.

Since the idea of a lawsuit has come up (I agree with Shuyler in that the premise is preposterous), consider if anything connected to the "viral theory" would hold up in a court of law. I submit it would not. Lots of great conjecture, persuasive ideas to be sure. But enough to convict the Transformer clan? Not even close.

Where's the evidence? Everything proposed so far is circumstantial at best. It seems that many on this thread/forum and others are straining to talk themselves into this viral connection as irrefutable.

Like the CGI hypothesis, it is, indeed, a strong argument. This thing will likely end up being the "CGI viral hoax craft" many purport it to be.

Call me a skeptic, a stick-in-the-mud, whatever makes you feel comfortable - but until the proof is indisputable (an admission from Hollywood/ILM, hoaxer caught, model found, etc.) the gavel will, indeed must, remain at rest...

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   

like I said in the Original c2c drone topic... If this IS a viral ad, I WILL be suing all companies involved. Ive already spoken with a few law buddies of mine and have been told I would have a case.

Are your buddies going to take this on a contingency fee? Or are you going to put up a big retainer?

If your actually spending money to sue on this good luck.

For the life of me I would love to know what your perceived damages are.

Ummm Judge I thought it was real but then I found out it was just part of a marketing campaign and now I feel foolish for believing it was real.

In all seriousness its suites like you are threatening that make our legal system a laughing stock.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by etshrtslr
Ummm Judge I thought it was real but then I found out it was just part of a marketing campaign and now I feel foolish for believing it was real.

He should probably just come on here and explain it himself, but I'm getting the idea here that the issue is a potential population panic, so you've put the population at risk by doing something that could have caused injury. It happened with War of the Worlds, so there's your proof.

Only problem is: There's no panic, therefore no injuries, no damages. I also don't get how HighCT is going to sue. Is it a civil case? Does HE get a bunch of money because they did this? Why don't I get some? I might have paniced, too, and because I could have paniced, and afterwards could have hurt myself or others, I deserve to be compensated, too! In fact, gven my propensity for violent behavior against the masses (see avatar) I can make a case that I deserve more money than HighCT because I could in all likelihood create more damage, if I paniced, which I haven't (I don't think), but I could have.

Okay, if it's not civil, it's criminal. Unlike ancient Rome, it takes a prosecutor to bring charges. So what do you do. Mr. Prosecutor, sir, I want you to bring charges against these companies because they participated in the fraud of faking pictures of UFOs. Rather than fight the bad guys I want you to investigate this and bring charges, including a Grand Jury. (Hmmm, might work!)

Wow complex stuff. I'd be willing to think about it some more for $250 per hour.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
so by the way do you think the chad drone is a decipticon or a autobot?

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   

But for a viral ad to market a movie that "COULD" cause mass panic around the world that profits from it, is just not right and will be dealt with if that turns out to be the case.

Ok. Please explain how this case would work.

What would be the precedent case ?

What are the subsequent cases won, that establish this ?

And, where oh where are there any cases that have been won on
the obviously legal term "COULD" ?

Interested,
Lex

Edit due to speeling.

[edit on 13-6-2007 by Lexion]

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

I'm getting the idea here that the issue is a potential population panic, so you've put the population at risk by doing something that could have caused injury. It happened with War of the Worlds, so there's your proof.

I dont want to throw this thread off topic because of some misinformed poster who thinks he has some sort of lawsuit for god knows what reason.

If he thinks it is a panic suit ala"war of the worlds" then he has lost before he got started. These images have been around almost two months and have any of us seen or heard of any panic? I didn't think so.

So what is he left with to sue over? (understanding anyone can sue over anything assuming they have the money to sue or an attorney willing to take it on contingency)I am having a hard time coming up with any plausible alternative.

Given the fact he said he has a few "law buddies" that advised him he has a suit, Im willing to venture he did not describe the currently known facts very accurately to them or they are not very good attorneys for them to make the statement that he has a lawsuit.

Or the more plausible explanation is maybe they (the attorneys) realized that they have a live one and stand ready and willing to milk him for all they can.

[edit on 13-6-2007 by etshrtslr]

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
hey guys has any one tried to take the writing to one of those hardcore klingon sites? They might be able to help, I would do it my self but its kinda hard to do it from a sidekick3 my pc is on the fritz.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join