It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kevin Trudeau and Area 51?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I've been reading Kevin Trudeaus new book about Natural Cures and his claim that the government doesn't want you to know about these. I believed alot of his cures made sense, and since the gov't has sued him in the past in an attempt to keep quiet I figured there had to be some type of legitimacy to him. However....I just finished a chaper where he states that because he is rich he has been privledged to join a secret society, rub elbows with the head of states, and has been given access to Area 51. He claims that there is a live alien, and a working spaceship, and that most cures and technology come from within Area 51.

Has anyone ever heard of him being connected to Area 51 and exactly what secret society could he be speaking of? I bought into the cure he had until he started with the Area 51 talking. And what he is saying is obtuse at best. Any thoughts on this?

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
If he's the Kevin Trudeau I'm thinking of, he has a decade-and-a-half history of being a huckster and flim-flam artist. before he was hawking natural vitamins, he was selling speed-reading programs, real-estate type "get rich quick" infomercials, etc. I think he sold an "instant million$ in commoditie$" tapes about 10 years ago.

It's sort of like listening to Whitley Strieber, who, before he became "the" authority on alien abduction, was a . . . um. . . . science fiction author who specialized in stories of alien contact.

You're welcome to form your own opinions of Trudeau. Personally, once you try to sell me product, I take everything else you say with a serious dose of scepticism. Especially if it hypes your product.

In other words, they both meet my definition of "damaged goods"

PS: Wikipedia article on Kevin Trudeau

In 1990, Trudeau posed as a doctor in order to deposit $80,000 in false checks, and in 1991 he pled guilty to larceny after he had provided false information to obtain credit cards which he used for his own purposes. He spent two years in prison because of this conviction

The power of google.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Sounds like a few facts are missing....

He was sued because he impersonated a doctor and deposited false checks, and misappropriated credit cards. Then the SEC got him for his pyramid marketing, the FTC got him for false claims during infomercials, and he was later in contempt of court.

He was not sued because he had some "alien secrets".

Undoubtedly, he's trying to allege he is a member of the Illuminati, Bilderberger, or whatever other name one ascribes to the secret government cabal. By being nondescript, he can appeal to all such parties' fans...

He's a born huckster, and will undoubtedly use any tactic he can to make a sale, if his record is any indication.

I wouldn't believe this guy if he told me the building was on fire, and the flames were licking my feet.

EDIT: seems we were typing at the same time, lol...

[edit on 13-6-2007 by Gazrok]

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I didn't mean to imply that he was sued because of alien secrets. I had just read an article that the gov't had sued him because of infomercials, that's what I was referring to. I was more astonished by him claims of being privledged to the area 51 aliens and such. I have a friend who is believing everything this person is selling, and I keep trying to tell him to take it with a grain a salt. Thanks for the info I appreciate the feedback.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I have his book sitting beside me now.Gonna look up that part about Area 51.
What chapter is that in?

[edit on 13-6-2007 by AccessDenied]

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It's in the book More Natural Cures Revealed, and I think it was either chapter 4 or 5. He makes a claim that he was at Area 51 and saw the live alien and spaceship

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
But....just think if the Governemnt wanted to 'destroy' a persons credibility....how would they actually go about doing it........set him up......get him on charges of impursinating a doctor etc........

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Oh ok. I was looking in the book " Natural Cures they don't want you to know about".

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Ferretman I agree with that statement. I'm not denying that many of his cures sound like they could work. In fact, I'm a true believer that there are cures that the gov't doesn't want you to know about. Although I will say, that most of his cures can be found in other books, and some are actually "old" cures that my grandmother used years ago. When he started making claims to Area 51 thats what started to raise my eyebrows. There is nothing anywhere that I can find where he can backup these claims. I'm just skeptical when people start with the natural cures, aliens, spaceships and secret societies. I think each one alone has merit, but when you start throwing them all into the mixing bowl I get a little

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   

But....just think if the Governemnt wanted to 'destroy' a persons credibility....how would they actually go about doing it........set him up......get him on charges of impursinating a doctor etc........

Thing is, he's owned up to them already as mistakes HE made...so the government frame doesn't hold up....

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
also, he was fraud before he started mentioning area 51, as far as i can tell. So it makes sense to conclude that he's covering his prior lies (that's what fraud is, after all) by saying he's a martyr of the medical establishment.

I used to watch some of his infomercials, years ago when I was on the nightshift. He seemed insincere to me. I'd be more impressed if he didn't come off as such a huckster. You know, the ear-to-ear grin, the promise of a "happily ever after" life once you send him money, etc.

There is SO MUCH money in healing people, that I disagree with his claims that "they" are hiding the cures. Why would "they" do this? "They" have families, with sick children, etc.

And there's a LOT of financial reward, particularly in the USA, for coming up with the newest pill. Triple antibiotics, and super-glue style wound closures are two cases in point. Many surgeons no longer use sutures in deep tissues. It's putting real pressure on suture-makers. If they had a better product, they'd be rolling it out now, before the whole division keels over. . . .

IF you sit on an invention, someone else will patent it and make billions out from under you. The medical industry is incredibly cut-throat. Ask a pharmacist some time, and you'll get an earful.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Here's a nice take on Trudeau.

If anyone in their correct state of mind believes this guy...well....

Anyway,
Lex

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
@GINetwork

The post you made makes me think you work for Global Information Network.
You expect people to believe you when you claim to just be a member of his newest organization?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
echo im sorry if it sounds that way to you. Im not employed by GIN. I am a member of the organization. I like what it is doing and I am very happy I joined. If you found a product that you really like, do you not share it with your friends or recommend it to other people?

I pay for my membership as well, it did cost me a decent chunk to join. At the same time I personally wouldn't recommend anyone to join until its worth it to them. GIN has an affiliate program that is free where you can join and learn more at your own pace. If it's not for you it's not for you. Theres no obligation to anything.

and just so it is straight I am not trying to actually convince anyone of anything, at the end of the day I will do what I do and anyone who reads what I say will do what they want. I am simply giving everyone food for thought. the truth is there and sites like this are good to share outside of the box opinions on anything and everything.

I really like the things GIN is doing for their members and every other member I have met at events is just as excited as I am.

I also would like to comment on dr_strangecrafts comment about how much money there is in healing people.

There is indead large amounts of money to make from drugs,sergury and other patentable things. Your pharmecist friend should also be familiar with the american law that states "Only a drug can cure, treat or prevent a disease." this law makes it next to impossible to promote an all natural product that can cure diseases. And if you notice, there is quite a large amount of money to make in the "treatment" of a disease. there is no where near as much to make in a "cure". If these companies found a CURE for diabetes, cancer, MS, alzheimers, etc. they treatment companies would all be out of business because there would be no reason for them to be there. So when a natural product is announced and claimes publicly the cure something liek cancer they are not only crushed by big pharma but due to laws they are also shut down and the people are thrown in jail because they are making "Unsubstantiated drug claimes" If the natural product (which is unpatentable so very little money can be made from it) has not gone through the $800 million worth of research to even have a chance for the FDA to pass it as "a drug" it legally can't be called a "cure" a "Treatment" or a "prevention" for anything that has been labeled a disease. An example of this is as simple as back in the day you use to get Heartburn, today this has been labeled as Acid Reflux Disease. Since it is labeled as a disease than by law only a Drug can Cure, Treat or Prevent a disease. It's a huge web of bull# that most people don't understand how it works. Even I am pretty new to it but I understand enough to know what I am personally going to and not going to do when I get sick or my kids get sick.

Kevin Trudeau is also in court and being sued by the FTC (I think its the FTC) with the charge of misl;eading the public in his infomercial and in his weight loss book because he said the protocol was EASY. He is not being charged because the weight loss cure does not work or because of unhappy customers. He is being charged because he said the protocol what quote EASY. Anyone who lives in america knows you can be charged with absolutely anything. Its wether you are actually convicted of the crime that you face any penalties. If anyone would like to see, Kevin posts all of the court transcripts for his charges on his radio site at ktradionetwork.com Even the big deal they made on the news about him going to jail for having members send the judge emails is up, which I was one of the many who sent that judge our opinions.

I am nothing more than a person who is sticking up for a person who has done a lot for me and trying to share the truth about whats behind the story that everyone sees on the net and on the propoganda machine they call the news. I want everyone to learn what I have and grow from it

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I posted this in the last thread about this con-man;

Kevin Trudeau is a snake oil salesman who sells nothing but false hope.

All you have to do is read up on the author to see for yourself.
Lets take a look at him together , shall we?

First we will look at "DR. Callahans Addiction breaking system.
Firs off, there is NO "Dr. Callahan". The snake oil salesman wants us to believe that while studying quantum physics, Callahan discovered you could cure ANY addiction by humming, rolling your eyes and tapping your chest, and that it would work in less than a minute.
I'll pause for a few moments for the absurdity of what I just wrote to sink in.

For writing this crap and selling it as real, he was fined half a million dollars.

Next we look at "Mega Memory System". In this book , Kevin wants us all to think that everyone has a built in photographic memory waiting to e unlocked. He "proved" his book was true by working with blind and retarded people, supposedly increasing their ability to recall information from 15% to 90% in only 5 days.
He was sued over this book and its claims. He failed to produce any subjects from his "study", any proof whatsoever that his book worked and ended up settling the case for another 500,000$ and was warned not to make any more false claims in the future.

That didn't stop him.

In 2003 he started selling a "cure for cancer". Do you know what he was selling?
Coral, nothing more , nothing less. Kevin, teamed with "DR." Bob Barefoot, insisted that you could cure cancer by eating coral......

He was fined 2 million dollars for that one.

If your keeping track, thats 2 and a half million dollars he has had to pay in fines so far for promoting his scams.

Now for the book this thread is about, "Natural cures they don't want you to know about".

The book, which Trudeau self-published, is a paranoid mixture of self-evident and widely known health facts with very few, if any, natural cures. It is almost amusingly campy -- except that the information is so odd, and alarmist. "Natural Cures" is poorly sourced and peppered with jaw-dropping absurdities, such as "The sun does not cause cancer. Sun block has been shown to cause cancer" or "All over-the-counter nonprescription drugs and prescription drugs CAUSE illness and disease." Or, this tribute to logic and language: "If you read the labels of everything you put in your mouth, you would see the name [sic] of various chemicals. All the chemicals listed are dangerous man-made chemicals. They are poisons. If you were to take any of those chemicals and ingest a large amount at one time, you would probably die. Therefore they are in fact poisons.
His prose style mimics the gibberish favored by online spam advertisements, and he frequently uses SCREAM CAPS to emphasize OBVIOUS POINTS. At one point, Trudeau implies that he was an undercover government agent and that, because of his inside knowledge, the government and powerful corporations are out to get him -- though he doesn't share what any of his highly prized knowledge is. And always lurking somewhere is the nefarious "They" of the book's title -- the FDA and the FTC, who are in cahoots with the drug companies, which hold back the real natural cures because they won't make any money if you're healthy.
On every page, he stokes the paranoia and anger generated by recent high-profile corporate and government scandals, as well as the ire against the health insurance and pharmaceutical industries. But don't worry, not only will his book save you, but you can also go to his Web site, NaturalCures.com, for more information and for the "real cures," all for a lifetime membership of $499 or a monthly fee of just $9.95. In essence, the infomercial sells the book, which sells the Web site --which nets Trudeau tons of money.

Taken from here.
So , his book says nothing at all about "natural cures" but instead points you to his website where you have to buy a 500$ membership to get the "cures".

With his books out of the way, lets look at the author.

Kevin pretended to be a doctor in 1990 in order to deposit 80,000 dollars in fraudulent checks. He provided false information(names,DOB, SSN) in order to obtain fraudulent credit cards in 1991. He plead guilty to larceny and spent 2 years in prison. Supposedly, he learned his lesson and only wants to help people now.

In 1996 he started a pyramid scheme called "Nutrition for Life"that made him some decent money until his practices were cited and he was forbid from operating in some states.

Don't forget the court cases I cited earlier. He was fined over 3 million dollars and has paid out an unknown amount of money in private lawsuits.

I can compare this guy to a e-mail spammer. They know they will get fined, but they are making so much money from their practices that the fines are a small percentage of that. It pays for him to keep selling crap.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I agree with most of the posts here. The book you are reading is all of the proof that you need that this guy is full of it. (or himself!) Did you get to the part about the bread yet??? That book is reather dated as of now.
Getting back to your post, I have never heard of A51 being connected with this guy.
Maybe Bob Lazir and Kevin were scheming together at the time!!!

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by GINetwork
Im not employed by GIN. I am a member of the organization.

The fact that you've only posted in threads about Kevin Trudeau says otherwise.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if you're actually Kevin Trudeau himself.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Yes I have only posted in a few sections about KT. Is there something wrong with having a certain interest? Im sure there are plenty of people who only comment in the section they are interested in...

And Tilok your comments of those situations are so vague the ones that I have read about are a few you mentioned are misleading and worded exactly the same way I see everywhere as to make sure it's focused as one point of view.

KT was limited in his first book on what he could say and it was also watered down due to threats from the FTC. They told him if he said certain things like "Coral Calcium cures Cancer" by law wether its accurate or not it is illegal to claime that anything other than a drug can cure prevent or treat a disease. It doesnt matter the accuracy or the results if it has not been passed by the FDA as a drug it can not be claimed to cure anything that has been labeled a disease.

As for any of you who have dealt with court system you should completely be aware of their #ed up system in some cases. You get multiple choices and not everything is in your favor. In one case you could be charged for something (and never did anything actually wrong but be charged because charged simply means you are being accused) Than your lawyers or the courts will give you multiple decisions that usually benefits both sides. These big governments can easily drag these charges and court hearings out for months and years easily costing trudeau a lot mroe than the 2million he settles for in which ever case. At least provide both sides of a story if you are talking about an individual.

I have personally used his memory system and I can only speak for myself as it does help a lot. I am glad i bought it and I still use it.

His books have helped me personally in clearing up some old debt and doing it a lot cheaper than I would have before I read the books and I have lost weight through the things in his natural cures as well as eliminate my ADD and ADHD that haunted me.

His first book was watered down due to what he was told by the FTC. The fact he shared what he did and had to o so using the website was up to each individual themself if they chose to subscribe. It's not like anyone had their arm twisted to do anything.

Most people who seem to comment in the negative way have read everything they know elsewhere and have yet to actually even try the books or products or the recommendations in the books. How can anyone have a relavent opinion about a product if they have not used it themselves.

I am very glad that I came across his books and tried the things inside before coming across sites that claim hes the evil person he is because I dont know what I might have done had I created an opinion about him based on others opinions who seem to parrot what they read elsewhere. If someone is unhappy with his books that is completely understandable as you can't please absolutely everyone everytime. But at least if you are going to try to comment on a subject at least read about both sides of the story and actually use the product or read the book and in this case i would think you at least need to try something in the books to verify if it works before creating what you would call your own opinion. This is exactly what I did myself and it is why I do try to give this guy the credit I think he deserves. I like his books, I like his products and I do recommend anything he promotes as well because I have yet to personally see anyone be unhappy with a product I have heard of through KT. It's actually almost always the exact opposite. They always are extremely happy and just like me soon after start promoting those products to our friends.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by GINetwork
Yes I have only posted in a few sections about KT. Is there something wrong with having a certain interest? Im sure there are plenty of people who only comment in the section they are interested in...

And Tilok your comments of those situations are so vague the ones that I have read about are a few you mentioned are misleading and worded exactly the same way I see everywhere as to make sure it's focused as one point of view.

KT was limited in his first book on what he could say and it was also watered down due to threats from the FTC. They told him if he said certain things like "Coral Calcium cures Cancer" by law wether its accurate or not it is illegal to claime that anything other than a drug can cure prevent or treat a disease. It doesnt matter the accuracy or the results if it has not been passed by the FDA as a drug it can not be claimed to cure anything that has been labeled a disease.

As for any of you who have dealt with court system you should completely be aware of their #ed up system in some cases. You get multiple choices and not everything is in your favor. In one case you could be charged for something (and never did anything actually wrong but be charged because charged simply means you are being accused) Than your lawyers or the courts will give you multiple decisions that usually benefits both sides. These big governments can easily drag these charges and court hearings out for months and years easily costing trudeau a lot mroe than the 2million he settles for in which ever case. At least provide both sides of a story if you are talking about an individual.

I have personally used his memory system and I can only speak for myself as it does help a lot. I am glad i bought it and I still use it.

His books have helped me personally in clearing up some old debt and doing it a lot cheaper than I would have before I read the books and I have lost weight through the things in his natural cures as well as eliminate my ADD and ADHD that haunted me.

His first book was watered down due to what he was told by the FTC. The fact he shared what he did and had to o so using the website was up to each individual themself if they chose to subscribe. It's not like anyone had their arm twisted to do anything.

Most people who seem to comment in the negative way have read everything they know elsewhere and have yet to actually even try the books or products or the recommendations in the books. How can anyone have a relavent opinion about a product if they have not used it themselves.

I am very glad that I came across his books and tried the things inside before coming across sites that claim hes the evil person he is because I dont know what I might have done had I created an opinion about him based on others opinions who seem to parrot what they read elsewhere. If someone is unhappy with his books that is completely understandable as you can't please absolutely everyone everytime. But at least if you are going to try to comment on a subject at least read about both sides of the story and actually use the product or read the book and in this case i would think you at least need to try something in the books to verify if it works before creating what you would call your own opinion. This is exactly what I did myself and it is why I do try to give this guy the credit I think he deserves. I like his books, I like his products and I do recommend anything he promotes as well because I have yet to personally see anyone be unhappy with a product I have heard of through KT. It's actually almost always the exact opposite. They always are extremely happy and just like me soon after start promoting those products to our friends.

It's pretty obvious that you're either someone who works for him or the con-man himself.

And I agree that people can stick to one area of ATS but Kevin Trudeau doesn't have his own little area on here. There's only a few threads about him here and that's ALL you've posted in. If you had any interest at all about anything else on this site then you'd be posting in other area's. Not defending this con-man like your life depends on it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join