It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alert! Alert! Russian soldiers computer is under attack!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Yes! My comp is infected with Win32 spyware, which I have unsuccessfuly been able to remove! I havnt really had time to use the computer lately, but Im online right now and it seems very serious! All my security programs have failed and I have so many of them! I have comodo firewall pro, adware SE personal, spybot, AVG security center, Avast anti virus, and Clamwin anti virus, and I used all of them yesterday to scan my computer, but win32 is not only still alive, my computer now says it has done something to my default security systems on my computer, meaning Im getting adware and pop ups like crazy for products that are supposed to save my computer! It seems REALLY bad now, my computer is REALLY slow, and I dont know what the hell to do. I am getting an error detected window every few seconds. Its 1:02 AM right now, and Ill stick around for about 1 more hour to get any advice on how to save my computer from this horrible bs! And I don't have a credit card, so now, I can't buy any special magic program from the net................any advice would be very very very very very deeply appreciated!

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I had a similar problem with spysherrif a while ago. I googled the problem i was having and found a board where it was being discussed. Ended up having to delete a couple of files from registry and running ccleaner and avast got rid of it. Try some computer forums but be careful when deleting files from registry if thats what you need to do, always back it up.

Good luck, that malware was one of the worse things ive ever had infect my computer so i know how ticked you must be.

mojo

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   
download the following

Adaware from lavasoft

and

spyware doctor

these two are a great combo for these things

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Formatting and reinstalling takes maybe 2 hours at most

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Best place forthis would probably be in "Computer Help".
www.belowtopsecret.com...

Now see, thats what you get for downloading off of P2P networks.

[edit on 6/13/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
RS, Try going to this link and following the clear instructions.

LINK

Read this too:
LINK

Hope this helps clean your rig.

Once you follow these steps, rerun all your security programs and check their settings.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Well first of all you should know it is not a good idea to have more than one anti-virus program installed in your computer at once. o_o;;;

Same with firewalls, but you seem to only have one firewall. Anyway it causes conflicts in Windows that can lead to errors.

About the virus well when I get home I will try to help you. Will you be on MSN...well can you get on MSN?

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
Now see, thats what you get for downloading off of P2P networks.

[edit on 6/13/2007 by Mechanic 32]

i download loads from p2p and nothing bad happened in the last 4 years
maybe because i know how to secure my computer

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I had similar problem a few days ago - and found that antivir and clamwin didn't help.

Spyware Doctor does the trick, but the freeware version can only identify the malware, not remove it. Manually removing is not effective - you best download the full version by P2P (i.e. as a torrent)

Ran it two times - no more problems.

[edit on 13-6-2007 by Yaseanne]

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Everyone, thanks for the replies, I'm feeling a bit better

Yeah, I have multiple anti-viruses, but AVG seems to be the default one, so its usually the one that catches viruses for example. Having 2 seems to be effective, since sometimes one updates, and one doesn't have time to update or connectivity problems. I have only one firewall, though, its Comodo pro.

So, spyware doctor seems to be a common reply....I'll be sure its first on my list of to dos, but I'm gonna do everything everyone told me...gotta stop this damn win32. Hopefully I can get spyware doc through p2p programs.

Oh yeah, about p2p programs, I usually download .rar files and scan them before I open them, so I think I'm pretty safe....but yeah, hmmm, where DID this come from? It would be great to know so that in the future I can avoid the whole hassle. Thanks again everyone, gonna get to some serious work now!

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   
BTW, is Win XP Pro any good?

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   
well i tend to think that its better then home as you can do a lot of network stuff that isnt available on home

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I got spyware doctor. I already removed 2 adware cookies, 4 bad site cookies, 2 tracking cookies, and 1 trojan horse downloader.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Get Stopzilla for a cureall. This is amazing.

It costs around $40 a year, but you'll never ever have a problem.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

It costs around $40 a year

Who pays for software?

Most of the best security software out there is freeware

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Yeah, everything good should be free.......or available on p2p

I don't have a credit card, either, so can't purchase the full version of stopzilla.

new topics

top topics

join