It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TERRORISM: Terrorist chased in Paris

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
French government spokesman confirmed that a terrorist wanted by the authorities was to take an Air France flight to US, wich has been cancelled on Christmas.

Jean-Francois Cope informed the press the only thing he was allowed to say that the wanted passenger has not reported on the cancelled flight.

Earlier, the french minister of justice, Dominique Perben, stated that the autorities are searching for a man suspected of connections with Al-Quaeda, thus confirming information released by ABC news network.

According to well informed sources to wich AFP is quoting, the man is an Afgan with a french passport. He bought tickets for 24.12 flight 68 from Paris to LA.

US government then indoced french airlines to cancell flights because of a possibility of an Al-Quaeda activist getting on board.

Personal note:
The situation either will lead to catching the suspected terrorist or the case will never come to an end, at least the public won't be informed.

A French gendarme stands guard under an Air France airliner at Charles-de-Gaulle Airport near Paris, January 2, 2004. France said on January 7 that the U.S. had asked it to track down an Afghan suspect behind an aviation scare that has forced a spate of cancellations and delays to U.S.-bound flights. Photo by Jack Dabaghian/Reuters

[Edited on 7-1-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Why do the terrorists love europe so much?

I know immigrants from the middle east that live in my town here in Canada and they rave all the time about how great europe is.

Of course when I tell them to get the frock out of here and go there then the conversation dies fast....

I guess they think that Europe defends their interests but the money is better in the Americas...

Anyways I hope they catch this guy. If the French don't do anything to him maybe the CIA or MOSSAD will.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
CNN is reporting that the still missing passenger that French police are searching for is a pilot trained by Al-Qaeda. CNN.com Hunt for missing Air France passenger continues Tuesday, January 6, 2004 Posted: 11:27 PM EST (0427 GMT) WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Investigators searching for one man who failed to appear for a Christmas Eve Air France flight to Los Angeles, California, still have not found him. Government sources told CNN Tuesday that the missing man could be a trained pilot with ties to al Qaeda.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Yes, the allegations are he was trained in Afghanistan by Al-Qaida and currently has a French passport.

This seems to undo some of the spin that was reported since these flights were detained - spin that insinuated it was a big cluster-f* from mistaken identity.

story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20040107/ap_on_re_eu/france_terrorism

By the way, according to this article BA 223 was delayed again. It has now been delayed for a fourth day in a row and cancelled twice in a matter of 7 or 8 days.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Okay, I'm starting to get aggravated now.

The French say the US asked them to find this guy. The French say they are trying to find this guy.

Meanwhile, the US says they have NO "derrogatory information" about this guy and pretty much give the impression they don't know what the French are talking about. And once again they state that it was all a big goof-up over passengers with names similar to those in a terrorist database.

While on another page NIN is claiming to have interviewed two high-level intelligence sources both of which are pretty adamant that the same-name-game is a bunch of cock-and-bull.

I throw my hands in the air.

www.cnn.com...

[Edited on 7-1-2004 by Valhall]

top topics

join