It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Course in Miracles - A CIA Manipulation Device?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I have read the Course In Miracles book and I can only describe it as "life-changing".
I have gotten so much peace in my life since I started applying the principles of the
Course to my daily life. It teaches us that our Egos are the self-created and limited
version of ourselves, while our spirits are the God-created side. We must learn
to differentiate between the two. At all times in every situation, we are asked to
ask the Holy Spirit for advice. The Holy Spirit represents Divine Intelligence and
Will.

Asking for advice from God is utterly repellant to the Ego, which wants to decide all
things. That is why the Course is so threatening to so many people. In the Course
we are asked to put God first in all things. What is so wrong about that? It is the
way God intended for us to live. God did not intend for us to kill each other and
live in fear. He created a Paradise for us and we are blowing the wonderful
opportunity to live in Peace at all times.

Helen Schucman was the scribe of the Course, and she was an avowed Atheist.
At no time did she absolutely believe what the Course said. She had only agreed,
somehow or somewhere, to take on the task of recieving the messages that
"the voice" gave her. She and Bill Thetford edited them together. The fact
that Helen was depressed at the end of her life had nothing to do with the Course
in Miracles. The fact that she was not able to attain Peace does not in any way
lessen the value of the Course.

To further add.
ACIM is such an about face on a lot of society's current understandings, that this book can indeed make one feel "uncomfortable" within themselves and their own beliefs and understandings.
Because ACIM simply offers a choice to know ones life in regards to the inner growth of the soul, as ACIM is simply a book on knowing oneself on the level of mind.

[edit on 26-10-2008 by Epsillion70]

[edit on 26-10-2008 by Epsillion70]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The bliss of ignorance is allotted to children for their protection. But as we grow we must learn, for it is in coming to new understanding we become wise, and our wisdom thus protects us from ignorance. Students of the Course, I humbly offer you insight, hoping you will avoid the pain I caused myself through my own ignorance.

The Course in Miracles was not inspired by Jesus Christ. If you had a defensive reaction to the previous statement you are still chained. I understand the situation. I can prove this. Here are the opening two lines: "This is a Course in Miracles. It is a required course." In our creation God gave us free will. To say a certain course is required implies the source does not know God fully, for it arrogantly implies that 1) God would communicate the "best" way and 2) that we really don't have free will. If God is in eternity, why would there be any need to "save time" by performing miracles. God is not in a hurry. God knows, because he created us, that by our decisions we will come to know ourselves and Him. The term "miracles" is misleading cuz it leads the reader to think of current understanding of miracles. Now, it is said that a miracle is "an expression of love", yes? Then indeed the Spirit, if It was the source, would name it a Course in Love, which would be unambiguous and perfectly clear. And what would benefit any spiritual student more than a book filled will messages all perfectly consistent with love?

God's love is unconditional. Your decisions are yours to make and learn from. The concept of "ego" is a lie invented by liars whose only goal is to convince you that you are the inventor. Hear this now, listen to wisdom: By the courses own suggestion to "teach only love, for that is what you are" is it undone. To teach the concept of "ego" at all is inconsistent with love. To teach duality is to imply objectivity. Only God has true objectivity, for all of creation exists within God. So, the inventor of the course implies that they have perfect understanding of the truth, yet if they did all they taught would be consistent with love. This makes perfect sense; for the Spirit, knowing the Law of Attraction, would understand that attention and study of love brings more understanding consistent with love. Having full awareness of truth, Spirit could only communicate truth. The ego is a concept the source of the material invented, not you. And teaching the concept of "ego" implies belief in it. The message of a book is a reflection of its source. The course teaches a "split mind" cuz the source is insane, by the courses own logic. Let's take that to the next step then: the source, not wanting to take responsibility for its own insanity, projects it on to you, thinking it has absolved itself of the responsibility. The source, if it did have total understanding, would suggest to you only the truth and allow you to come to an understanding of it yourself. One which has complete understanding communicates to those who misunderstand their understanding, and thus is their understanding shared. This follows from the teachers recognition of equality with those who misunderstand, and willingness to share. It would be pointless to tell one who wants to understand that he does not understand, and then go into great detail describing his misunderstanding. All the while the student feels crappy cuz the arrogant teacher is belittling him by emphasizing his misunderstanding, as if it is useful at all or as useful as simply sharing understanding.
The source is of course, the government. Who else would be so arrogant and hateful as to claim to be the Holy Spirit while demonstrating repeatedly that they do not understand Spirit? Look at that poor woman who wrote it. To the one who is so attached to the Course that they overlook the toll it took on the writer, look again. Could anything from Spirit do this?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I am up to page 640 Chapter 30, VII The New Interpretation in the Text on ACIM.
And I must say all my Mind control effort is going well... on myself, because I am slowly but surely perceiving all, "the real Love," out there.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   

The fact that Helen was depressed at the end of her life had nothing to do with the Course in Miracles. The fact that she was not able to attain Peace does not in any way lessen the value of the Course.

How can you argue with someone who has such little Discernment?

They will try and learn how to attain peace from someone who was admittedly Psychotically Depressed.

They beleive in Jesus to the extent that it validates the course. But completely refute anything the Bible says about him.

So they stake the fame of Jesus that he got through the Bible and then claim the Bible is a Dusty Old book that has no Validity.

USE DISCERNMENT BEFORE YOU READ THIS BOOK BECAUSE ONCE YOU READ IT YOU WILL NO LONGER HAVE ANY.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
For me, The Course is the most amazing book on the planet.In my opinion, If every person understood the text of the Course this planet would move out into the stars. The Book teaches Love, Understanding and Forgiveness. The book teaches us to see the EGO mind and its self destruction mission. It has helped changed my life to the most amazing rewarding adventure. I would be nowhere without the course.
As far as the connections to the authors. I understand the C-theory. The message is nuetral, you can use it for good or evil. The Course empowers the mind to see beyond the form.The Course lets you do what you want with the information, you can use it to drop out of society , to zone out and let it all go , or you can use it to become a empowered example for the Worlds people.
I believe this book is beyond this World and truly alive, constantly changes each time I open it. Open the book anywhere and you will find the perfect sentance for that moment in your travels. I was given the course principals over and over since age 10 I have read the course text completely 7 or 8 times minimum, as well as doing the lessons for years. The positive changes were incredible to say the least.
I see the connections in the conspiracy, the message of the course is worth the risk.
The Course has no Author , Helen never claimed to have authored it and from what I understand the author is Jesus on the Official Listing. I do not know if this is the Biblical Jesus or just her word for the translator.
If I am allowed, here is a quote from one of my favorite chapters Chapter 17. Enjoy.
ACIM online text

T-17.I.1. The betrayal of the Son of God lies only in illusions, and all his "sins" are but his own imagining. 2 His reality is forever sinless. 3 He need not be forgiven but awakened. 4 In his dreams he has betrayed himself, his brothers and his God. 5 Yet what is done in dreams has not been really done. 6 It is impossible to convince the dreamer that this is so, for dreams are what they are because of their illusion of reality. 7 Only in waking is the full release from them, for only then does it become perfectly apparent that they had no effect upon reality at all, and did not change it. 8 Fantasies change reality. 9 That is their purpose. 10 They cannot do so in reality, but they can do so in the mind that would have reality be different.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by dntwastetime

I couldn't agree more. The book like everything in this universe is pure and simple unequivocal neutrality.
It is ones own choice of mind that dictates what the purpose will be to them in experience and hence what they believe then percieve of all the productions that may or may not eventuate
The Course unambiguously stands on its own. It is both simple and profound.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by Epsillion70]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by StopComplaining

Yes one will become "meek" and "innocent" and see these virtues in everyone and then one will inherit the earth because all the ones that had held on to hate, murder and vengeance will eventually see the vicious unforgiving circle of fear that it is and then calmly choose love once again.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Very interesting thread here. I feel that ACIM is a valid and meaningful philosophy, however I am interested the the CIA connection. Is seems a rather flismy connection has been asserted. I'd like more info, if anyone has it. I'm open minded, but would be very interested in proof of a direct connection (like L. Ron Hubbard's famous bet that he could invent a religion cuz that's where the money is) I think its possible God could use ANY vessel to communicate through. That's a reflection of His power not theirs, so the fact that the guy was "sinister" and Helen was depressed--meh...Give me something concrete. If ya got it.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Well first A Course In Miracles is not related to budhism as others have suggested.
It simply borrows terms and ideas from the new age movement and the new age movement contains many very distorted and simplistic and confused versions of budhist and yogic type ideas.

What A Course In Miracles IS is thought reform. plain and simple. It woud take a very long post to explain exactly all that "thought reform" entails but the basic premis behind A Course in Miracles is " look closely and vigilantly within their minds at your thoughts, focusing on uncovering the negative." This is the root of brainwashing. "you have bad thoughts that need reforming".
The book itself is nothing more than a few prematurely vague, thought terminating cliches reapeated over and over again. Stupid mind numbing stuff like "reality is an illusion".
The only thing you can get out of that thought is that you brain just shuts down because its so nonsense and contradictory. These are the new thoughts you are suposed to change to take on your new identity as an enlightened brainwashed master of new thoughts. One is not suposed to question the new thoughts or examine them at all.
The end result is a person whose brain has esentially been short circuited like from electro shock. Many of the most horrible MK-ULTRA experiments actually involved massive mind destroying electro shock done to test subjects. The idea was to regress people to a blank slate pre-ego state. some of the subject actually lost the ability to speak and walk and became like infants.

OK, on to what MK-ULTRA was all about. MK-ULTRA was a project to form american specific types of brainwashing patterned after the chinese communist revolution.
We see right now evidence of this all around us. The torture of Islamic prisoners is a direct outgrowth of MK-ULTRA.
www.gwu.edu...
The goal of these torture techniques is the erasure of personality and identity for the express purpose of then creating a new identity of a new brainwashed person.

This is EXACTLY the same goal as the Course in Miracles.
Guantanimo is patterned after chinese communist prisoner camps.
A Course in Miacles is patterned after milder chinese communist reeducation couses.

See the chinese used many different levels and intensities of mind controll in their attempt to create the perfect zombie society. It never worked very well but MK-UTRA was a massive attempt to create a American version and we are right now living through it.

A Course In Miracles is absolutely and without a doubt a CIA/Corperate run mind controll project.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by gary32]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by dntwastetime
8 Fantasies change reality. 9 That is their purpose. 10 They cannot do so in reality, but they can do so in the mind that would have reality be different.

this is the very nature of a course in miracles.
100% fully contradictory nonsense that just sends your brain into la la land.
A course in Miracles also contains and makes big use of a very dangerous neo-freudian concept called desymbolization. basically reality becomes a metaphor or a symbol and in turn symbols and metaphor become reality. You can see a bit of it in the above bizarre statement. reality is flipped on its ear and becomes fantasy.
Watch an interview with charles manson and you hear alot of the same thing.
people who are experiencing desymbolization can be quite dangerous because they become so delusional and mentally ill.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I would like to say that I have read A Course in Miracles, and have been looking into many religions including Buddhist-thought/philosophy, Hinduism, Christianity, Islam, and even tampered in Wicca/ Occult mindset. After learning the Mindset that it teaches, I agree it is VERY Taoist but is connected to a more spiritual sense.

A Course in Miracles was indeed a Miracle in itself in my opinion, I wonder why it is not mentioned that is is indeed a manual to teach one to become a Miracle Worker, and explain synchronicity as a method of not only Miracle Working, but also magick thought if used outside of God's channel, hence the combining it with spirituality of Love and Christ. Yes, this book made me a follower of Yeshua and challenged me to look deeper at what he says in the bible, and it lined up perfectly with the courses teachings.

From experiencing what I have seen since and done through reading this book, I am positive of my stance on spirituality for the first time in my life, admittedly I am youngish.

My entire life I had been looking thoroughly and objectively on the spiritual search, as I am sure many of you have also, indeed we all try to find the sacred in some fashion.

I would just like to say before you bash the book, try listening to it. I threw it away the first time through because it was all that astonishing in the changing of my mental abilities and experiencing myself performing Miracles.

Of course this is a bold statement, but it is only my opinion of course! We only have soft evidence for these type of things I believe?

Also my first post on here, I would like to hear others opinions, and sometime I shall post a thread in deeper detail of what I exactly mean, for I know I was very brief.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I studied this book and used its principles and ended up in a hell which continues to this day,what it does not prepare you for is that the bulk of this planets spirit world and many of its secret societies do not tolerate humans developing higher order spirital powers,I sent the book to the dump and regret the day I ever read it.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join