It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earnhardt Jr. headed to Hendrick Motorsports

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Yep, believe it or not!

Earnhardt Jr. headed to Hendrick Motorsports

June 12, 2007
By PA SportsTicker

Dale Earnhardt Jr. apparently will join forces with NASCAR's most successful team.

Earnhardt is set to announce his intention to join Hendrick Motorsports in 2008, PA SportsTicker learned Tuesday from an anonymous source with knowledge of the negotiations.

NASCAR's most popular driver, Earnhardt has scheduled a news conference for Wednesday at 11 a.m. EDT, when he will officially announce his intentions for next season.

Speaking on the condition of anonymity, the source said that Earnhardt will drive the Hendrick Motorsports No. 25 Chevrolet, which is currently piloted by Casey Mears. Consequently, Mears will replace Kyle Busch as the driver of the No. 5 Chevrolet.

I'd have never have guessed this one!

Poor Kyle Bush
(sarcasm)

But, what better way to start winning then joining the team that is winning the most.

I wonder if this had anything to do with the time Jr. jumped into Kyle's car after he left the track early after his car got wrecked. Maybe that was when Jr. saw something in Hendrick's MS that he liked? Maybe there was something "different" about a Hendrick car he saw or felt that day that he liked?

I'd have rather seen him with RCR myself though.

[edit on 13/6/07 by Keyhole]

Cug

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 03:34 AM
link   
CNN/SI has him driving the #5 car, with Bush going to DEI. So it ends up as a driver swap.

sportsillustrated.cnn.com...

join