It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are we in a matrix world?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Imo we are in a matrix world so to speak.
Everything we see, hear, touch, smell and taste are just electrical reactions in our brain right?
It has not been proven yet that the universe or world we live in is real.
We could be in the matrix.

cue the twilight zone music here please-du du du du

[edit on 23-7-2007 by earth2]

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
On observation that I have about this:

You can tell that it is summer.

Generally when school is out we get plenty of these "omg i just watched this movie and omg it was like sooooo real and its gotta b true" posts. Come one September....you can't come soon enough.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Thats not very nice to the bald eagle.
I think its great that the kids on summer break are using there brains and trying to think about the world around them.
Heck they could be doing a lot of bad.
Fresh minds may help, so dont be a grumpy zombie

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
You know. If I had to chose a movie for this world to be..I'd say Star Wars. All those neat 70s clothing and armour that doesn't seem to quite protect any vital part of the body when needed.

I'm still waiting for the Last Starfighter sequence to start. You know, where this lizard guys comes down and says that I am the last hope for the galaxy. If that's the case, we're scr#wed.

On a serious note. The Maxtrix is just Plato's allegory of the man in the cave rehashed.

O.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Oh my GOD, i hope we are... then my life hasnt really happened

If the past is but a memory, and the future is only anticipation, we live on an infinitely small point of time throughout our lives that cannot be subdivided - known as the present.

Therefore, nothing can be real for more than the tinyest fraction of a second - before we inhabit a totally new universe which cannot have been constructed because there would be no period of 'present' in which to produce it and therefore cannot exist.

Conclusion? The universe as we know it cannot exist but as a series of finite 'frames' of time... rather like frames in a video game.

So yeah, you never know - we could live in a matrix, but who cares? its still fun! You never know, you might get to find out when you die.

(Doesnt unadulterated crap sound cool? That was NOT an urge to suicide, by the way - and my theory is not entirely original, as any Terry Pratchett fan will know)

Hack the matrix!!!

<< 1   >>

join