It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Favorite MG

page: 2
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I know this is a little out there, but I guess this is technically a "machine gun" and it is my favorite.


Big Mutha

But I also love the Browning .50 and the BAR as well as the MG42.




posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
From personal experiance, I can comment on 1 machine gun-

The LSW, which i first fired a year ago -
www.army.mod.uk...
This is the smallest support weapon in service with the british army, and is amazingly reliable (especially compaired to the SA-80). The only problems with it are the small magazine (30 rounds) and the limited range (about 800m maximum, although i was taught it could fire to about 1000m, it can't accuratly). The thing i like about it is the accuracy, and the light wieght, especially compaired to the GPMG.

(just incase anyone is wondering, I fired the LSW in the cadets about a year ago)



posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Well for me it's these two, just for their hardcoreness, no practical reasons,
The GAU19/A (GECAL 50) Triple barreled .50 cal gatling gun.




And the GE M134 Minigun 7.62 NATO




[Edited on 21-4-2004 by minimi]



posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
BTW how old are you Czakky and are you in ATC, Army or Sea Cadets?
Strange what you say about reliability. How can 2 guns with 80% commonality between parts be so different? Maybe LSW should eb the main weapn for all British soldiers (even though i still say P90 would be better. FN don't seem to have had reliability problems, ever)



posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
yeah i like the lsw but i like the l-98 rifle my self better
the lsw is a kick ass mg
oh yeah what cadets are u in anyway?
me in the sea cadets!

[Edited on 05/03/2004 by devilwasp]



posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Ive always had a soft spot for the MG-42, but Ill admit the M134 is pretty cool.





posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by para
Ive always had a soft spot for the MG-42, but Ill admit the M134 is pretty cool.


That is one mean swiss-cheese maker!

I always wanted to fire one of those.....



posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
No offense, but there are MANY threads on what is your favorite weapon, tank, airplane, quite frankly people do this to get easy ATS points, heck I did it once, and only once.

Shattered OUT...

P.S. the Uzi for me, and the M-16 for an assault rifle.



posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
ha good point shattred but screw it if he wants to do it let im !



posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by minimi
BTW how old are you Czakky and are you in ATC, Army or Sea Cadets?
Strange what you say about reliability. How can 2 guns with 80% commonality between parts be so different? Maybe LSW should eb the main weapn for all British soldiers (even though i still say P90 would be better. FN don't seem to have had reliability problems, ever)


im 16, and in the army cadets. As soon as im done with my exams, im going to college, and have to leave though


I think that alot of relaibility problems are caused by bad drills on the part of soliders, not the weapon, but the LSW does seem to be more reliable than the SA-80 (I dont know why).



posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
hey our troops arnt bad at drills its cause they never get the equipment to operate the rifles and keep them in good condition



posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
You are quite right, our troops are REALLY badly equipped. However, its not really that hard to keep a rifle clean, yet our troops keep reporting jams, caused by not cleaning thier rifles. Like I said, bad drills.



posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
exscuse me! i last talked to a marine and frankly he said he never cleaned his rifle once in two days and then went on the range the third day and fired all day not 1 stoppage !
second u try keeping ur rifle clean in a desert not exsactaly easy i mean easy here dirt doesnt get every where sand does



posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
exscuse me! i last talked to a marine and frankly he said he never cleaned his rifle once in two days and then went on the range the third day and fired all day not 1 stoppage !


It all depends where the rifle is kept. Terrain matters.


Originally posted by devilwaspsecond u try keeping ur rifle clean in a desert not exsactaly easy i mean easy here dirt doesnt get every where sand does


The SA-80 was designed for fighting in europe, not the desert. It was a bad idea to use it there in the first place.



posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
it was a bad idea to go there in the first place!
also it doesnt depend on the terrain!
and u army cadets are the worst for drills !i went to bisely and u guys were scary u almost shot one of the air cadets!



posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
it was a bad idea to go there in the first place!
also it doesnt depend on the terrain!


The SA-80 is very terrain specific, i've found that in British climates, it barely ever jams. Then look at the reports from the deserts...


Originally posted by devilwasp
and u army cadets are the worst for drills !i went to bisely and u guys were scary u almost shot one of the air cadets!


i was at Bisely last year, and saw this happen a few times, by cadets from all 3 forces. It was really scary to see a loaded LSW pointed at me, and i would never like to repeat the experience. What competition were you in? I did the section shoot, individual GP shoot and team falling plate. We didnt win a thing



posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
i was in all and my area sent us down there with 3 people for a 4 person shoot and frankly the thing that took the (V) was this lot of army cadets that just kept pointing thier rifles at each other !
but i loved how the scotish highlander division won though!



posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
but i loved how the scotish highlander division won though!


yeah, but best individual still went to the Irish



posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
still i love the irish
as a good sea cadet officer said at the natioanls final between scot and ireland "it doesnt matter who wins as long as the english dont win!"



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join