It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I have a strong belief in the paranormal and ghosts and things of that nature; however, I've never really considered my house haunted. I still do not say my house is haunted, but there have been some things that have happended that I can't explain, so maybe after relating them some of y'all on the forum could help. Maybe it's just me, or maybe there is something to it, guess we'll have to wait and see.

One thing that I've noticed over the years, but really paid not attention to was when sleeping/laying on bed, it will feel like a cat has jumped up on the bed and you can feel it walking around; specifically the paws. Last night while laying down still awake trying to go to sleep, I felt something jump into my bed between my legs and start walking around. Now, I have 2 cats and one was in, but when I went to look at where the cat was supposed to be, there wasn't one there. I keep more door shut and I didn't see it open or hear the cat come in. I got up, looked and my cat was in the living room with my brother, and the other one was still in the garage. I really can't explain this at all, and I've tried. There was nothing there where the cat should have been, and there was no way to explain why it felt like there was paws walking on the bed. I've had this happen over the years since one of our cats was eaten/killed by coyotes, but until last night I kind of just played it off; but last night I actually thought the cat was there.

Another thing I can not explain happend when I was here all by myself doing some school work. I usually turn off all of the TV's and whatever else is on so that I can have some peace and quite to study. On this day I was reading for a class and I heard the front door open; I thought nothing of it as I thought it was my mom coming home from wherever she was. A little later I heard the door open again, so I thought you know, maybe my mom went outside again. Then I heard it again, a third time and at this point I went to look. There was no one in the house, the door was still locked, everything turned off. I went outside and found that I was the only one there as my car was the only one there. This is the front door I'm speaking of and it has a very distinct sound. I live in the front bedroom and I can hear the door when it is opened, but on this day, I distinctly heard it open three times and found no one to be home.

This next incident is one where I had three friends witness the event, myself and one of my brothers. It was around 10-11 at night and we where in the garage and the door to the garage opened by itself (not the actual door, that was allready open). We assumed that my other brother inside was coming out. However, he wasn't there and we could see through to the kitchen and no one was there. The door then proceed to shut on its own freaking everyone out; we even heard it latch. There was no wind at this time, and the windows where not open in the house, which would explain why the door could have shut on its own. However, the door opened by itself, I know it was latched because I heard it when the last person came out so this is one that I can't explain. At this time my grandma was dying from cancer and I remember her telling a story of her leaving her body and walking down my aunt's street and sweeping it. I just assumed it was my grandma leaving her body and visiting us; I don't think I'll ever know, just something that I thought of.

Something in pictures I have around my house made me think there could be orbs in them. Now, I don't like orbs a lot because they are hard to distinguish from dust and other air born objects. In a few photos in our house taken of me, my brothers, and some friends, I noticed that when there was a picture of me or my brother, there would always be a white dot, not like a small dot, but a nice big white dot. This could be anything, and as I'm to lazy to post those pictures, I'm describing them, or trying, there on myspace. Anyways, I just noticed that there always seemed to some kind of dot/orb in the picture. Now my house is dusty so I just really attribute it to that, but there is never a lot, the most I've seen are three, but I don't think it is anything, just thought I would point it out.

Another that caught my attention, that hasn't happend to me, but my brother got me thinking about this; he says he's seen black shadows walking across in front of him when he is at the table playing his computer games. He says he'll see something walk by, look up and it will be gone. Now he is a non-believer in the most hardcore of ways; nothing paranormal is real to him, "it's all fake" as he says. So for him to say that he has seen something is interesting to me, considering he is the only one up at the time. He could be seeing things, so I don't know, I leave it to someone else to debate it come up with ideas. I just found it odd that he would say that.

I suppose the last thing I can think of is one morning I was lying in bed awake not wanting to get up in like 30 minutes to go to school when my door slightly opened and a voice said, "she's coming". I was suprised to hear that, and shortly after that my mom came in to get the trash. I asked her if it was her and she just looked at me like I was an idiot. Also other times when I'm here alone I'll hear whispers, and one day I heard music playing. I thought it was my brother who left his computer on playing music, but when I went in there, it wasn't on; in fact, everything in the house was off, yet I know I heard music playing, very faintly, but definatly music.

Well those are somethings I experienced in my house; we are the only owners of this house, but, I do not know anything of the land. I just thought I'd post this to see what others thought. Probably nothing, but could be something.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I posted the following story in another thread a few days ago, I thought you might find some similarities in the story. - One morning I woke up to hear my cat purring on the bed. I sat up to shoo him off because he always had dirty feet and I had my white bedspread on, but he wasn't there. I sat up and bent over the side to see where he was and all the time I'm hearing his loud purring and thinking "where are you?" I looked all over the floor but couldn't find him. The purring slowly faded then I noticed my door was shut so he couldn't have been in the room anyway. "Wow, that was wierd" I thought.
A few minutes later my partner came home from nightshift and said "I'm bringing the phone upstairs, you need to phone the vet, quick". My cat had been hit by a car or something and his head was really mashed in. He'd come home and sat under the seat outside in the garden, (that's where most of the blood was). When my partner came in, the cat followed him and lay down at his feet. Anyway, he was taken away to the vets and put to sleep. I didn't see him yet as I was advised not to look. It wasn't until that night that I put the two incidents together and got a real shock.

My cat was severely injured, knocked out-of-body, and came to visit me in bed. No other explanation.It does sound like you have a few ghosts around. I'd ignore them as long as they're not really bothering you. I think the more you focus on the strange incidents the more you'll get them though.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Ya if there is something here, it doesn't make itself actively known, just little random things that I've noticed. The cat thing is weird, and like I said we did have a cat die a while back, so it could be him just coming back ever so offten, who knows, but it did feel real.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I have to put this out there..and please for give me Chris I know it will sound bizarre..but the garage incident had nothing to do with your grandmother.....it has to do with a male presence....

Dont ask me youll open a can of worms....lol

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Well now you have me curious.....and I'll be trying to figure it out. Oh well gives me something to do. Does it have to do with the land the house is built on?

Actually come to think of it, that reminds me of an incident one night while I was driving around. I had come to the stop light because at the time the there wasn't the bypass there yet, and for whatever reason something made me look and if I hadn't that 18 wheeler would have plowed my Civic and me to oblivion. I remember the rest of that night, the front passenger was as cold as ice, and I had the heater on full blast because it was cold outside and I've broken the windows off the track so I don't roll them down. But I always thought it was my guardian angel that night - and I've always thought it to be a male, not sure, just always did, more specifically my grandfather. I dunno, just a random thing that happend to me and I remembered it.

[edit on 13-6-2007 by ChrisJr03]

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I know im going to get ALOT of criticism for this...

But the presence is quite tall..slim..and in his 50s...

Bizarre...I know...im going to cop alot of flack for this

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Hmm...interesting...what makes you say that and where does this individual seem to reside in this house? Did ther person die in there 50's, or is that just the person you uhm, I guess see?

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
I posted the following story in another thread a few days ago, I thought you might find some similarities in the story. - One morning I woke up to hear my cat purring on the bed. I sat up to shoo him off because he always had dirty feet and I had my white bedspread on, but he wasn't there. I sat up and bent over the side to see where he was and all the time I'm hearing his loud purring and thinking "where are you?" I looked all over the floor but couldn't find him. The purring slowly faded then I noticed my door was shut so he couldn't have been in the room anyway. "Wow, that was wierd" I thought.
A few minutes later my partner came home from nightshift and said "I'm bringing the phone upstairs, you need to phone the vet, quick". My cat had been hit by a car or something and his head was really mashed in. He'd come home and sat under the seat outside in the garden, (that's where most of the blood was). When my partner came in, the cat followed him and lay down at his feet. Anyway, he was taken away to the vets and put to sleep. I didn't see him yet as I was advised not to look. It wasn't until that night that I put the two incidents together and got a real shock.

My cat was severely injured, knocked out-of-body, and came to visit me in bed. No other explanation.It does sound like you have a few ghosts around. I'd ignore them as long as they're not really bothering you. I think the more you focus on the strange incidents the more you'll get them though.

that is an awesome story, thanks for sharing. It def hit me because my dog just had to be put to sleep last week

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
chris i know this is weird and im reading it and thinking its weird...

this is all new to me (the seeing thing)

but as I was reading your thread I got all these mental images (i can hear the psycho comments coming)

the male resides outside...as for inside i see two children a boy and a girl..quite young about 7..theyre quite playful, but theyre naughty also (like all children)

I think ill stop here before someone calls the psychologists on my a#@ lol

P.S the person who spoke thru your door is a male child...

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Keep going, you have my attention. The voice that did call through the door sounded young if I remember correct, and it was very soft. I couldn't tell whether it was boy or girl. Do you know why there is a man here and kids? Are they attached to someone here, or could it be the land? Please continue with what you saw or the images you get.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Sadly chris im not that developed.....but bear with me...ill tell what i 'sense'

I just found out i have something..yes as crazy as it sounds..
my partner has been testing my 'abilities'...its creepy...

He'll ask me while im at home if i can 'see' the person he is speaking to...and i get it right most of the time..

I dont know how it functions..i just get mental flashes and images and I have to quickly memorise it before i forget...

Like i said I was reading your thread and I got these images of a man (the one i described before)
and when i was reading the one about someone speaking thru the door I saw a little boy and his sister (i assume) is in the background.

The female child is blonde as for the boy he has red/light brown hair.

I see the children are very naughty like they like to jump around the house.

The man who resides outside is for some reason wearing a suit ( i might have tainted the image)

As for the front door..I see an old lady about 60 70 she has grey/blonde (you the white hair they get when theyre old) short curly hair..awesome smile...

Man...i might be going WAY off track.....im just telling you what im seeing..like i said it might be tainted with my opinion...does that make sense?

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
It does make sense what you are saying, the developement and all so I'm just listening to what you say and all and I did ask for what you had so I appreciate it. What else do you have? Could you tell me any information on these people?

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
That is a very interesting series of events Chris! Have you ever felt threatened at all? If not, I would sit back and study it. There are many people (myself included!) who would love to have something like this around.

From reading your account of the events, it would appear that things only happen when everything is quiet. Is that a correct assumption?

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Yes indeed it happens when most is quite or just me. The only time that was semi-quite would have been in the morning when I heard the voice say "she's coming". My mom usually turns the TV on and is doing the wash and sometimes dishes but it still isn't to terribly loud. I can't say whether or not anyone else has experienced anything at all, except for my brother the die hard skeptic seeing the shadows (we've debated it, but if he mentioned it, he might believe he actually saw it). Oh no nothing is threatening or anything of that nature at all. I really don't mind it and I am trying to study it but its hard because I can't figure out what or who it could be. I enjoy hearing what the seer's see because thats probably a decent start to figuring something out. Eventually I will get some money and buy a tape recorder and try for some EVP's. The problem is, the events occur sporadically at best, well it seems that way to me. They could happen when everything in the house is on and I just don't notice them, but yes, I enjoy this, but I don't really consider the house "haunted". I just think paranormal; I posted this on the TAPS forum to see what they came up with and sent it to a friend that has gone ghost hunting before so we'll see what comes up.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
sorry babe, thats about all i can come up with..
those images keeping playing in my head.....

im not going to tell you anythin i dont believe in..so to be honest i wouldnt have a clue as to whether these 'people' have anything have in common...
i can only 'sense' that the old lady is recent/current.....

i dont even know if the old lady is dead

maybe your grandma?

whatever it is i have i dont know how to control......its like someone showing me flash cards and i have to fill in the gaps (which I dont because itll taint the image)

but i do 'feel' that the man and children might be linked...but the old lady has nothing to do with these three.
like i said the old woman is current do you understand what im trying to explain? lol

how do you feel about these happenings?

man im putting my rep on the line with this lol...i can just feel the kook comments resounding...

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I know what you are saying. Its interesting. I just don't have anymore to give you because nothing else has happend to me, and if anything has happend to my family they aren't saying because they aren't believers. But if you come up with anything else, let me know, I find it interesting. And to be honest, there is nothing wrong with it, you know it doesn't bother me. In fact, I like it; I don't feel that there is nothing malevolent associated with them, so it really doesn't bother me at all, in fact I'm really kind of excited about it; I can study it like another poster said and hopefully have some more experiences.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
youre right about that, theyre not threatening or negative.

the man seems tired, like hes had a hard day at work, he seems exhausted.
the children like i said are playful and like to cause trouble, so if you find things out of place its probably them.

and the old woman shes very happy...like i said she walks in thru the door with an awesome smile on her face.

but yeah post your evps if you manage to get any.

keep us posted
other than that
happy haunting

[edit on 14-6-2007 by hot_acacia]

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Thats neat, do you have anymore info? I got go buy a tape recorder, and seeing that it is just me on this, wait to have the house alone to see what happens. Any suggestions on where I should start, or is the whole house good? I'm also going to start recording the events when they occur which is sporadic but I'll write them down when they do.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
If you said you had activity already then you would benifit from a Electronic Voice recorder,

Just record yourself state your name and then tell them your trying to understand this further,

Aska series of Questions waiting about a 30 secs to a min before asking the next question, even thoe you dont hear anything at that time, listen to the recording on a Wave display program like ( audacity ) and listen carefuly you might be suprised at what you find, If you have a Digital video cam you can do it this way as well and seperate your audio and video thru a basic Open source free program that im sure I or many Atsers can find for you if you ask with cherries on top. lol

Good luck on your endevors, and may god and your angels be with you and protect you.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reading your original post gave me chills up and down my spine, I have had my cat pass in the last year and always get things like this, the paw feeling. I even had a dream the day she past where I was carrying her to my old house that I lived with my mother for 14 years, which I assume is going to be my wandering point. My mother passed in 05 and my cat in 06, in the dream however when I brought the cat into my house my mother was there, she took the cat and said "don't worry I'll take care of her for you" I awoke soon after and called the cat.
Not hearing the jingle of her bell I assumed maybe she got out side,just incase. I looked all thought out the apartment and could not find her. I don't know what it was but something led me to one of the other apartments, very first try. I knocked three times and a young girl answered, she asked what I wanted. I showed her a picture of my cat and asked if she had seen her. She gasped and put her hand over her mouth. She told me she had called the OSPCA on her and that she was injured. I ran back to my apartment and called the OSPCA. When I gave them a description of the cat they replied they had picked up the cat up, it looked at if someone had hurt her and they had to put her down because it was too painful. I asked at what time they put her down, they said 10:54 approximately 6 minutes before I woke up.

I often have dreams where I communicate with people or interact with animals recently deceased. I wonder what it means about me?

P.S. Chills I say!!!! CHILLS!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join