It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Name? anyone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
who uses their real name?
and why

me personaly i cant be botherd to come up with a catchy screen name so i just use my first name

only thing i havent used my real name for is xbox live

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
sometimes i use my real name, on youtube its my last name then my first name combined

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
nope, i never use mine, far too unique... especially in the states. only 3 people in this whole country have the same last name i do and i'm one of them.

for this i just used a lyric from a song for my catchy name

[edit on 6/12/07 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Well I use my real name on most stuff, well technically it wont be my legal name for another
2 years (I'm waiting until I'm 21 so the liquor store guy looks at me funny when he reads my I.D.),
but anyways yeah I use my real name on about 60% of Internet stuff, in fact the only places
I don't use it is less than reputable sites.

Oh, right, I suppose if anyone wants to know my real name I can tell you, I mean it's not
like you could find out anything, about me at least, the other people with the same name
as me are a whole other story though.

My birth name is Cody Coker, though I really only use it in school half the time and on
legal forms and such.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   

nope, i never use mine, far too unique... especially in the states

what is it?

cody coker ? it sounds fake is that really your name? im not trying to offend though.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBadge
cody coker ? it sounds fake is that really your name? im not trying to offend though.

No, it's not fake, that's my legal birth name.

I forgot to add my Middle-name though, so it should be Cody Allen Coker.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   
wow cody coker! it totally sounds like a tv character name..pretty cool. do you liveup to the last name? hahaha nah u dont have to answer that.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   
My real name is John "Patrick" Luke Pacard.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I do because I stand by what I say and I am not ashamed or embarrassed by it. I believe it is a mark of sincerity and forthrightness.

My ex wife's uncle was a mobster and national president of a gang called Black Power. They used murder and death threats to intimidate people. My ex wife used the same intimidation tactics to keep me in a relationship which I wanted to leave for many years.

In May 1998 she told me that she thought I had been seeing another woman and having an affair on her. She was paranoid and jealous. I was not having any such affair, but she took ID from my wallet and disappeared for two nights without explanation.

When she came back she told me she had with the help of gang members stabbed the woman to death. She said that then she planted my ID on the body and if I tried to leave her she would tell the police where to find the grave.

I was terrified.

It wasn't until I took some therapy that I resolved to discover if the woman was still alive. Eventually I found out she was. I realised I had been terrorised and intimidated by a hoax.

Since then I have gradually learned that the only way one overcomes bullies is not to give in to them.

I have learned that you have to be courageous or the bullies will win.

That is why I use my real name. I refuse to be bowed anymore.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I don't, because my ex's girlfriend is cyberstalking me and this is the fourth forum I've found for some social contact in the past year. I had to leave the other three because of her, so I'm not using my real name, or my usual screen name, by which I'm known everywhere else on the web.

If someone really HAS to know and I'm satisfied they're not her, U2U me and I'll tell.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   

what is it?

well, my last name is Mulestagno. well... that's how it is on my american passport...
it's actually spelled Mulè Stagno

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Lol, just joking. Thats not my name.

I aint telling my name on the internet. D=

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   

wow cody coker! it totally sounds like a tv character name..pretty cool. do you liveup to the last name? hahaha nah u dont have to answer that.

I suppose that's in some way ironic, since I never ever want to be on TV.

And no, I don't do Coke, I drink it.

I'm not saying anything about the other connotation that could have..

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Hey Major Mal, thanks for the heads up. I wont use your first name.

I try not to judge others for using pseudonyms. People have their reasons. Mine is a choice to be an open book.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
A fair warning to everyone that assumes any anonymity on the internet.

Originally posted by iori_komei

Oh, right, I suppose if anyone wants to know my real name I can tell you, I mean it's not
like you could find out anything, about me at least,

I wouldn't be so sure about that.......

In the age of the internet It took me 5 min. to find out your home address, phone number, and mothers name.
I know how tall you are, your date of birth, and how much you weigh.
(sorry I didn't wish you a Happy Birthday a few days ago)

Am I correct that your house is in this picture ?

It's not like I'm stalking you or anything, but you should be aware of how much information is out there.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
In the age of the internet It took me 5 min. to find out your home address, phone number, and mothers name.
I know how tall you are, your date of birth, and how much you weigh.
(sorry I didn't wish you a Happy Birthday a few days ago)

Am I correct that your house is in this picture ?

It's not like I'm stalking you or anything, but you should be aware of how much information is out there.

Well I did'nt think it would only take 5 minutes, though, to be fair, before last summer
it would have been much more difficult.

Anyways though, that's not really what I was thinking about when it came to information though,
like I figured you could find basics like that, but nut I forgot what I was gonna say next, oh well.

Oh, and there are no satelite pictures of my house, since the trees cover it up.

[edit on 6/14/2007 by iori_komei]

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
That is impressive. I was interested in buying a plane once and gave it's registration to a friend. Turned out this particular 727 had been parked at San Antonio but before that had been involved in flying around the US after 9/11 collecting members of the Bin Laden family. I found out who owned it and who was owed money for it.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
No I don't use my real name on the Internet. I'm not trying to hide anything it just seems more fun this way. By the way this is my first non-cutsie name. I had just watched a special on Chingis Khan so I got my inspiration from that usually it's a combo of pet names.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Okay I'll bite, I don't want to gloat but I wanna gloat. heheh. Shawn Edward Medwick. Yes, I'm related to Joe Medwick, he was my great uncle.
www.baseballhalloffame.org...

Yes I have a waddle to my walk and am not over weight.

join