It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Confirms. It saught out a GAY BOMB!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Pentagon Confirms. It saught out a GAY BOMB!

cbs5.com

(CBS 5) BERKELEY A Berkeley watchdog organization that tracks military spending said it uncovered a strange U.S. military proposal to create a hormone bomb that could purportedly turn enemy soldiers into homosexuals and make them more interested in sex than fighting.

Pentagon officials on Friday confirmed to CBS 5 that military leaders had considered, and then subsquently rejected, building the so-called "Gay Bomb.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I reember hearing rumors about this before but I never had any real source for credibility. This is absolutely ridiculous. Absolutely!

I don't know what to say. I have so much, yet so little. What do you guys think about such a war tactic?

Which also breeds the conspiracy question, did NWO create homosexuality?

AAC

cbs5.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Here's an over two year old thread describing this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This seems to be one of those things that pops up again in the news from time to time.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Here's an over two year old thread describing this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This seems to be one of those things that pops up again in the news from time to time.
At the time this was just a rumor; now it has been confirmed by the Pentagon.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
They tested a gay grenade on my friend in the military. It exploded at his feet, shot out confetti and started playing "Over the Rainbow". It didn't turn him gay but it turned his boots into pumps.

Seriously, they actually spent money towards this?

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Yes. They spent money on this. Anybody want to guess why? How about it being a non-lethal weapon if it worked? With the number of posts I've seen on ATS about the US Military being a bunch of blood thirsty murders people should be applauding this. This just adds to my belief that there are some people that you just can't please.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   

With the number of posts I've seen on ATS about the US Military being a bunch of blood thirsty murders people should be applauding this.

Are you serious? Messing with peoples chemical balance can be way more sadistic than murder.

AAC

[edit on 12-6-2007 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
COWARDS

S'all I gotta say bout it.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
OH, FOR THE LOVE OF......!

I don't think I've ever heard of a BETTER arguement Against the continued ban on openly gay people serving in the military than this!

What nimrod (or should that be "Numb"rod?!) in the military's Br(ight)ass came up with this waste of neurons?

Are the "thinkers" in the Pentagon so completely Ignorant of biology and psychology that they really think that some dippity-doo of a spray is going to turn enemy soldiers instantly into homosexuals? And not just homosexuals, but (
) uncontrollably, ravenously HORNY homosexuals, driven to lay down their arms to lay their commrades?

Oh, PLEEEEASE!

This must be what "Faith-based Science" has wrought.

Doofuses, think about it:

You've already GOT gays in your own forces. Serving, Fighting, Killing, and Dying, every day. You don't see them doing the horizontal foxtrot in the foxholes, do ya? Not a lot of buggery going down in the bivowac is there?

Didn't think so.

It's called self-control. It's called discipline (and Not the "fun" kind with a slap and a tickle!)

They still teach that in the military, don't they? Like in EVERY military?

DUH!

You want to break down self-control, you want to erode discipline; Try spraying Booze on them!

Why do you think gays go to bars, you fools!

Geez! My guess is that the best this foolishness would ever generate are a bunch of very tense enemy soldiers with Really well polished "Pistols"!

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I think out of the box thinking should be praised regardless of the outcome and just what this was. Are you really in a position to say for sure if a weapon like this isn't possible? Scientists have been studying human pheromones for years and they haven't come to a final decision yet...yet you post here as if you KNOW what the truth is.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
You guys aren't seriously supporting this are you? You can't turn people gay... well, not with a bomb anyway. So it just explodes and everyone's wearing such cute outfits they just start giggling? Or did they expect an all out orgy? If so, they stole that idea from Flesh Gordon.

And what makes them think a gay soldier won't kill you as dead as a straight one? Not every gay guy is a nancy boy in an ascot. It's scary to think there's some one crazy enough to find a "gay bomb" feasible.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
You guys aren't seriously supporting this are you? You can't turn people gay... well, not with a bomb anyway. So it just explodes and everyone's wearing such cute outfits they just start giggling? Or did they expect an all out orgy? If so, they stole that idea from Flesh Gordon.

And what makes them think a gay soldier won't kill you as dead as a straight one? Not every gay guy is a nancy boy in an ascot. It's scary to think there's some one crazy enough to find a "gay bomb" feasible.

Scientists have been studying human pheromones for quite a long time and haven't come to a definite conclusion yet. I'm assuming that since you rule it out with such definity you must have some credentials in this area, feel free to present them.

Honestly, I don't think it's possible either, but I don't think it's impossible. If you believe in evolution, it makes sense that humans still have the ability to react to pheromones. Just about every other species on the planet has this ability. It's well documented that several species have sex pheromones that do exactly what they wanted in this case. It's also well documented that some species have alarm pheromones that cause the smeller to flee. Although I think the second would be more useful in a combat situation, I wouldn't discount the first either.

Imagine a soldier in a bunker getting hit with a sex pheromone and looking over at their co-inhabitant lustfully. In the mean time, the other soldier who wasn't as strongly affected is thinking his bunker mate is gay and eyeing him up and is not real happy about it. I would think that a majority of the men in the armed forces are "tough guys" and this type of man tends to frown very strongly on homosexuality. This tension is not good for a fighting force and could very well degrade their effectiveness.

My real point here is that this was a prime example of "out of the box" thinking. Somebody came up with a possible non-lethal way to conduct warfare and it should be commended regardless of whether it pans out or not just for the intention.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
And who was the genius who came up with this new technology?

He wouldnt happen to be gay himself, would he?

Maybe he wants a wider amount of men to chose from.

Honestly, this is insane.

Talk about mad scientists and nuts in this world.

They pay these people?

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   
And who is labeling this as non-lethal? You haven't lived till you've seen a couple of 'ladies' eyeballing the same pair of shoes?

Not to mention how easy it would be to miscalculate and have a "charge" by the enemy due to a USO show with ( fill in favorite here).

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
BlueTriangle,

You're right, I don't have any medical credentials but I know a thing or two about being gay. Are you honestly trying to tell me that if you could some how zap an enemy machine gunner with a gay ray and he's not gonna still put you in his sights and make swiss cheese out of you?

Do you really think, that in the middle of a battle, with bullets buzzing by, people dying all around you and the enemy advancing on your position that a gay bomb is going to make you suddenly wanna kiss the guy next to you. And he's going to be so creeped out by getting hit on by a guy that he'll just drop his weapon and surrender to a more heterosexual army?

I don't want to scare you or anyone else but there are quite a few gay people in the military and they don't all have pink camo. There are gay guys in the Marines that will gut you as fast as anyone else. When it's time to do their job and fight they're usually found fighting, not playing spin the bottle with their bunker mates.

It just sort of shows a humorous level of ignorance on the topic of homosexuality.

I mean, you now have a good chance of fighting along side a woman, does that mean you two are gonna start knocking boots in the middle of a fight? I guess straight people just have better control over themselves than gay people do. I know nothing turns me on more than not having had a shower or proper meal in weeks, a foreign invading force bearing down on us, being huddled up next to a buddy (who looks mighty cute in bandages and torn clothing), the light of the cluster bombs illuminating his eyes. Aaahh romance.

You're making my eyeballs do that spinning confused anime thing @.@

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
BlueTriangle,

You're right, I don't have any medical credentials but I know a thing or two about being gay. Are you honestly trying to tell me that if you could some how zap an enemy machine gunner with a gay ray and he's not gonna still put you in his sights and make swiss cheese out of you?

I was thinking this would work better as a bomb dropped from afar before the action to reduce morale, not during.

I mean, you now have a good chance of fighting along side a woman, does that mean you two are gonna start knocking boots in the middle of a fight? I guess straight people just have better control over themselves than gay people do. I know nothing turns me on more than not having had a shower or proper meal in weeks, a foreign invading force bearing down on us, being huddled up next to a buddy (who looks mighty cute in bandages and torn clothing), the light of the cluster bombs illuminating his eyes. Aaahh romance.

As a heterosexual, I can honestly say that I would certainly think about an attractive female bunkermate in this way and if she was up for it...I likely would be too. I just assumed that a homosexual man would have an equivalent and similar drive to what I have.

apc

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   
When I heard this reported on the radio yesterday I almost had to stop driving I was laughing so hard.

I see an attitude popping up in this thread that reflects the article statement made by the "gay community leader in California". Which is, of course, oblivious and wrong.

There's no implication being made here that simply by turning the enemy soldiers gay they would suddenly want to start humping. Turning the enemy gay would just be one component of the weapon. The desire to whip out their bayonets would be another.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
If accidents and leaks in bio-weapon testing can be responsable for AIDS and SARS then couldnt mistakes and leaks in "gay-bomb" testing be responsable for San Fransico and Provincetown?

Hmmm....

Is the percieved increase in homosexuality really just more people being comfortable with 'coming out' or did the government make them gay?

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
Are you serious? Messing with peoples chemical balance can be way more sadistic than murder.

I think it would be less harmful to their system than a 2000 lb. LGB landing in their lap.

People keep thinking in extremes here and assuming a lot without the information to back it up.

I don't see this bomb permenantly changing anyone's sexual preference. What I do see it doing is temporarily causing dissent and confusion in the ranks, reducing their overall effectiveness.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
At first i thought " no way " , but this is a legit story .
Now that's what i call comedy .

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join