It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush gets watch stolen right off his wrist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Bush gets watch stolen right off his wrist

www.foxnews.com

One moment President Bush was glad-handing Albanians on Sunday, proudly sporting a watch with a dark strap on his left wrist. Moments later, it was gone.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Amazing how they "officials" are denying it, despite the video. Not world shaking or anything, but I thought you guys would get a kick out of it. Wonder how much it will go for on Albanian Ebay.

Actually, I think the real story is how much they are going through to disprove it. Makes me question what else they are trying to disprove......

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Poor Bush, finally he found a country where he had a warm welcome, then this happens...
LOL

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Well I watched the video and did not see where he slipped it off his wrist and put it in his pocket. Does not mean that did not happen. I would think if it was taken off his wrist, which there was plenty of time for that to happen, that it could bring a tidy sum on the underground market. I am sure it is easy nuff to get a duplicate if the powers that be don't want to admit it was taken off his wrist.

Or if you want a conspiracy theory,
it was planed for the watch to be taken as it will make its way to terror leaders where the watch actually has a tracking device in it so where ever the watch goes is where the next bombs will fall

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Who cares? So the guy lost a watch, his fault for wearing it. Al least he didn't lose the Football like Clinton did.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Jimc
I am not farmiler with clinton loosing the football, could forward the link to that event please?

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Actually, Albania being so close to Russia, Bush was trying to get a secret message to Putin. You see, Bush Sr was CIA, and Jr knows how to hide messages in the back of watches and such.

Now Putin told him that he would let Bush run a Moscow bordello, if he could get there unseen. So Bush was just setting up the plan to meet an agent to ferry him across the border.

I thought I would get the first conspiracy theory in on this one.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Between 1:10 and 1:15 in the youtube vid someone in the audience graved his wrist, right over the watch and thats when it went poof.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
It never made the news but was in Buzz Patterson's book. www.amazon.com...

I might have to find a copy of that book. Basically Patterson came in to get the football and Clinton didn't know where it was. Some sites say it was the day the story about Monica broke.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
Jimc
I am not farmiler with clinton loosing the football, could forward the link to that event please?

I'm not sure where to find a link. I just remember reading about it. I'm pretty certain it was in either Time or Newsweek.

This isn't a shot at RedGolem, but there are some things that have happened and aren't on the Internet. I know I could find this article in a good library.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
JIM: either that or the magazine you read it in was misinformed or made it up. Thats also a possibility and maybe, since other then the source you read it in, noone ever heard of the incident, it might be a probability. (especially in the last few decades, journalism has gone down the drain and making up stories is the only original information they publish these days, all the other stuff they publish is either from "official sources" or from a press release)

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Hmm...I don't recall any incident between Clinton and a football either (doesn't mean it didn't happen though).

Are you sure you don't mean Kerry?

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
Who cares? So the guy lost a watch, his fault for wearing it.

Boy, that's a sociopathic view, if I ever heard one.

Originally posted by RedGolem

Jimc

Dereliction of Duty is not a personal attack on President Clinton or a commentary on his various scandals; rather, it is a "frank indictment of his obvious—to an eyewitness—failure to lead our country with responsibility and honor." Lt. Col. Patterson offers a damning list of anecdotes and charges against the President, including how Clinton lost the nuclear codes and shrugged it off....
www.buzzpatterson.com...

[edit on 2007/6/12 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
im sure the SS had better things to watch out for like guns and bombs than the off chance someone might pull a david blaine on bush and take his watch.

www.mypartypost.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
The real story here is the reception that Bush received from the Albanians, not whether he had his watch ripped off. To the Albanians, Bush is synonymous with freedom. That's what is important.

It isn't clear that the watch was stolen, only that he had it on and then he didn't. It could have been stolen, but it could have come lose by accident or design and the president was able to catch it and put it in his pocket.

Given the swarm of humanity around the president either scenario is plausible and possible.

[edit on 2007/6/12 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Oh the nuclear football.

Yeah, Clinton did lose that once!

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Saw this on ABC news last night. Apparently GW's watch was NOT stolen. He simply removed it and put it into his pocket.

The camera crew was right there, and the precise moments were freeze framed to show us what the real deal was.

As amusing as it would have been for someone to have knicked GW's watch, it simply didnt happen.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Don Wahn

As amusing as it would have been for someone to have knicked GW's watch, it simply didnt happen.

That won't stop the true believers, though.

And it's a real shame that such a stupid thing should take the attention of the public away from the warm welcome Bush received from the Albanians.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
The watch wasn't stolen. CLEARLY he turns to the side and takes it off himself. THis is a NO-STORY. It didn't happen.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
JIM: either that or the magazine you read it in was misinformed or made it up. Thats also a possibility and maybe, since other then the source you read it in, noone ever heard of the incident, it might be a probability. (especially in the last few decades, journalism has gone down the drain and making up stories is the only original information they publish these days, all the other stuff they publish is either from "official sources" or from a press release)

Excuse me. I said that if I had the time to go to a library that had the magazine issues archived it would be no problem for me to find the articles. I just don't have the time to go to the library right now since the nearest ones are on their Summer hours now and are not open in the evening. I can remember two episodes where the "Football" was misplaced during the Clinton administration. One was where Air Force One left California without making sure that it was on board, the other was where Clinton was showing it off to someone and misplaced it in the White House.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join