It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

psychic training-?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
hey all

i realized a while back that I'm psychic and it was very strong...
but now its starting to "fade away" and I'm looking for "exercises" to help with this.
I can only think of one which is a card practice that I thought of when practicing for PK. Think of a card you want...say the ace of spades. Shuffle the deck of cards until they're sufficiently mixed and you have no idea where your card is. Cut the deck in half and choose what pile you think has your card in it...if it does keep repeating this process until you have one card or you picked a pile without your card in it. When I did this, I got down to four cards =].
If you know of any exercises like this, please share them here.

Thanks,
KatieD

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Meditation, Meditation, Meditation,

This is really what gets your noodle flowing, Its all about making that connection to your higher self, Your soul, You have multiple aspect of yourself, your body, your mind, your soul, and your higher self ( which is just your souls connection to all that is)

Mainly focus on relaxing and quieting your mind, this mostly doesnt get practiced becuz it yeilds no progress in measurable terms other then connecting you to that perverbal pipeline of life(the collective cousiouness) Some call it god.

Yeah most will take this as new age hoowee, but this has been practiced for eons in most eastern cultures and elsewhere, by shamans/ Which doctors/ cheifs / and spiritual advisors etc....

I would love to shoot you some links, but alot of the links that have good info on them unforunately have alot of that new age explanation behind it that doesnt really match up to what your doing.

Your soul and mind are prolly the most powerful thing you could ever have in this life. by stregthen that bond and connection you will find your old experiences come back as well as your sense to "feel" again. the reason it doesnt stay with you, is because your involved in a soceity that is on a different means of understanding, most of which never talk in such means.

Just member, Everyone has this ability as long as your able to realize theres alot more to this life then human bodybags with electrical current stimulizing movement and thought.

Edgar Cayce is a great read, not so much on how to do things but just a great look from the eyes of someone who really had no clue what was going on with him, untill he went into a sleepstate.

As well as Uri Geller has some good insights.

Just keep yer chin up and try not to let the people who dont understand this ream you a new one for thinking your " phoney, or Nieve"

[edit on 12-6-2007 by Tranceopticalinclined]

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
thanks a bunch, trance.

i've heard before about meditating to help strengthen psychic 'powers' from a couple of sources. I forget things easily though

I have never heard of Edgar Cayce or Uri Geller but I will certainly look into them now that you have suggested it. Have you heard of Osho??

I've only told a few people about my "powers", and luckily they have all been supportive, like my 3 best friends, and mother.

Anything else I could do??

-KD

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Havent heard of Osho, will check em out. "sounds female"

As for what you can do more? Just practice.
Theres always what yer mommy has been telling you with everything else, Just practice.

They have remote viewing excercises, as well as lil threads here an theyre about ( WHats in my hand, or whats my room look like)

I myself have 3 kids an a wife now an really lack the time to med, but once they get a smig older I will resume. But I like yerself had alot of occurances that just kinda faded away,

Down to the funny experiences ( knowing the color, shape, land ornaments, and cars in the driveway of houses we were going to for the 1st time, states away..... A strong interaction with our furry friends an the means to intice them to come to me just by thinking, (very funny times where I discribe a bedroom or the room where they ( friend or chat buddy) is using theyre computer and that really freaks em out, knowing whats for dinner before your mom/wife/dad/uncle/brother etc. knew what they were cookin, LOL that was always fun, and the random dejavu and small little things about know what and how people will say things.) the list goes on, and the funnier thing is, EVERYONE DOES THIS AND DOESNT THINK ITS PHYCHIC! lol

I laugh so much when I hear skeptics say thats not special I do that too, and Im like well lol you are a physical phychic being. All beings are, its a natural built in concept, almost like our developer designed us to use it without much thought but thru years of manual understanding and lack of "out of the box" thinkers ( becuz of fear of being killed) we have strayed off course in that aspect. But Im sure it will return with great force. Like the force. lol Luke I am your father's mother's brother's 3rd grade teacher's best friend's dog walker's 2nd uncle in law's ex wife's child's babysitter!

[edit on 12-6-2007 by Tranceopticalinclined]

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
osho

Most of my psychic..ness shows itself in dreams. My cousins were moving into a new house and I had a dream about what the house looked like, and I went over the next week and it was the exact same, down to a T. I think I was 7 haha. I get deja vu a lot a lot a lot. That gets annoying haha.

Skeptics get on my nerves sometimes because I know for a fact that it's not fake and it's hard to explain to someone who's not open to the experience.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
It surely is hard to explain, sepcialy to someone who " by thinking yer phychic says " then tell me the lottery numbers, or find the missing children or stop 9/11" " it just simply doesnt work like that, becuz if it did, we as human being would never learn from out mistakes, we would just know before it happened, and see a disaster approching and we would stop it, failing to learn from the result, Just like in chemistry, if you thought solution A and solution B would blow up, ahead of time you wouldnt test em most likely to advoid that explosion, at the same time, you would be limiting your results and never find out what happened after that explosion, which could yeild plastic, gold, or whatever.

Just goes to show the "overall understanding" of humankind and how infantile we still are.

JSR

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
i have a question.

i have read that there are two schools of thought, with regaurd to meditation.
1) push out all thought, and focus on nothing.
2) let all thought flow in freely.

which would you recomend?

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JSR
i have a question.

i have read that there are two schools of thought, with regaurd to meditation.
1) push out all thought, and focus on nothing.
2) let all thought flow in freely.

which would you recomend?

There are many schools of thought on meditation.

1) Push out all thought, focus on nothing
2) focus on one thing, breathing, an image, a mantra, the beat up a drum
3) merely observe the thoughts that arise
4) unify mind body and speech by doing a mantra, a mudra, and picturing a specific image or concept
5) contemplation of a virtue, phrase, etc
6) Focus on a goal, or a desire
7) Focus on a certain deity, and yourself, and find that you and the deity are one
8) focus on a specific point of your body

etc etc etc etc

They all of various pros and cons. I would suggest sticking to methods taht are easier, and avoiding tantric practices (deity, mind/body/speech) until you have a teacher.

Good resources for meditation are:
edgarcayce.org...

www.buddhanet.net...

These will get you started.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
quieting your mind and being natural is the best course of action IMO,

Your goal here isnt to "see" anything, its to quiet your mind. Stay focused on nothing lol, if that makes sense.

yes I know I took both your statements and combined them but 1st you focus on being able to quiet your mind, with that and practice you will start to focus on naturaly occurring things that are directly affecting you,

Meaning, if you have alot of problems at the time. then once your mind is quieted, you will prolly start to focus on those problems that need to address.

In time, you will be able to quiet your mind and not focus on anything but quiet, theyre are techniques that can help you quiet your mind even while you have other things of greater importance, Like counting from 100 - 0, imagining walking up or downstairs counting each as you go.

there also alot of other ways to do "visualization" in reguards to help you focus on least amount of things as possible, Meditation is alot about relaxing, and problem solving, as well as by doing both of these your connecting more and more to your higher self.

So 1st start with relaxing as a form of meditation, then move onto solving things that have been bothering your or just put them on hold and try the other methods of relaxing thru visualization.

Hope I helped. I can easily contradict myself or go way an above the topic and or just fill my post with things other deam as Taboo.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Thanks for the tips on meditation guys =]

What I do, is that I try to clear my mind of thought...which I do pretty well but I can never get songs out of my head haha. A big thing that helps is to focus on or listen to your breathing.

I do have to say, though, that this discussion is kind of getting off topic and I would like to bring it back to practicing psychic abilities.

anyone have any links?

JSR

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
thanks for the imput guys.

i have tried to meditate from time to time. but, as of late, ive been wanting to get back into it.

sorry to derail the topic.
back to lurk...........

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Ive never heard of the thinking of a card technique, and honestly I dont recommend you do that because it sounds more cercumstantial than actual practice....

One technique I suggest is meditation (of course, everyone seems to agree :@@
with third eye chakra. If you are not familure with chakras you should study, as it will really help you understand the origins of psychic ability better.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
i've heard of chakras before

because my mother is a massage therapist

although i do not completely understand them

I will definitely read more about them though now that you have mentioned it.

thanks!

-katied

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
i've had my own paranormal moments, mainly in dreams too... and i've considered strengthening my mind to see what am i capable of, maybe even discover my ESP :O

what do you guys recommend me to do?

and as for meditating... i'd like a few pointers, im not exactly sure how to do it '-_-

[edit on 18-6-2007 by Spiritwolf Koori]

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Meditation is a good start, do plenty of research into different techniques and learn about chakra's and visualisation techniques for them. If you open your chakra's you allow more flow of creative energy from the source.

I would also suggest, just constantly striving for psychic abilities... always keep an open mind and always practice different abilities.. like when your driving, try to make traffic lights always appear green, try to even make them stay green, try to make the traffic move out of your way, try to make parking spaces free-up or be available to you right outside your destination. Try other things too like trying to manipulate the weather for example, making clouds cover the sun or uncloud the sun. Also, when there are quite a few clouds around and it looks like there is a possibility that it could rain, try to force it to rain. You should actively seek to use your psychic abilities ALL the time, everywhere you go, everything you do always try to use some sort of psychic ability, even if its not working keep trying it anyway.

I also have a couple of macro/micro-kinesis training programs if your interested. Macro/Micro-kinesis is basically just manipulating the outcomes of future events using your mind, macro= large scale, micro = small scale... so for example creating that parking spot you want would be macrokinesis. They basically work by generating random numbers, and you are supposed to use your mind to influence the future outcome of these numbers so that they are less random. And if you know anything about Princetons Global Consciousness Project (aka. the EGG) you will understand how consciousness can affect the outcome of randomly generated numbers.
Anyway, here's the programs:
www.freewebs.com/eonnn/typ.zip
www.freewebs.com/eonnn/esp.zip
(copy and paste link into address bar in new browser)

This site also has some training programs that work on the same principle:
www.fourmilab.ch...

[edit on 19-6-2007 by Eonnn]

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Thanks a lot, i've been reading something about meditation techs, like the candle tech and the breathing one... now too bad i can't try your driving and parking lot examples cuz i cant drive, im just 16 years old :O

but i guess i can try to influence most things with my mind... thanks for the links too!

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiritwolf Koori
Thanks a lot, i've been reading something about meditation techs, like the candle tech and the breathing one... now too bad i can't try your driving and parking lot examples cuz i cant drive, im just 16 years old :O

but i guess i can try to influence most things with my mind... thanks for the links too!

your welcome

you don't necessarily need to be the one driving, you could do it while sitting in the passenger seat.

new topics

top topics

join