It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadly $2 heroin aimed at young teens..."Cheese Heroin"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 03:03 AM
link   
And if the war on drugs was eliminated, we could pump that money into something worth while, such as health care and education. I think of the day when I'm in my 50's and my parents are in their 80's and I'll be having to take care of them; it's not a fun thought; but, its what probably will happen because the important things are not being funded (Health Care/Education). I think Anok has really hit the nail on the head and put into words better than I could what should be done with our current issue with drugs.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Thanx guys...

Didn't the US learn the first time they tried to prohibit alcohol? But of course there is far more at stake with legalizing drugs, especially Cannabis.

16 billion of your hard earned money, stolen from you in the form of taxes, is spent on the 'war on drugs' every year. But drug use has risen, not gone down.
Money well spent? Just like Chrisjr03^ said, wouldn't it be better spent helping people with addictions? Or helping poor neighbourhoods? Creating jobs? Improving public schools?
You know just a couple of things that would in the long run actually do something to help lessen drug use?

So what is this 16 billion spent on? Fighting the drug war? No it is actually spent on fueling the drug trade.

www.wethepeople.la...

There is no war on drugs going on in America today, and Barry McCaffrey needs to resign right now. He needs to stop pushing policies that send our tax dollars to Columbia supporting these right wing dictator-types!
Read the rest

www.lovethetruth.com...

They don't want drugs legal because they make money off them being illegal. The pharmaceuticals don't want cannabis legal, for obvious reasons I think, and they are one of the biggest government contributers.

Connect the dots...Government is a corrupt system, rotten to the core. Drugs are not the problem, the system is the problem.

[edit on 17/6/2007 by ANOK]

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
In medical literature, Heroin is actually better than most of the drugs given in its place by the pharmacutical companies and hospitals. Found that out while doing research for a speech; but of course most people didn't believe me, but thats ok. Marijuana makes the most sense to be legalized; there would be so much money made off of it that our taxes could be reduced in some way or they could actually use our tax money to do something worth while for us. This will never happen but it is a nice dream to think of; one where everyone can go to college if they choose too, maybe even universal health care (like Canada) so everyone can get the help they need when they need it. Think of what the legalization of one drug, marijuana could help us achieve, then think of what the legalization of all drugs could do. And for the naysayers, not everyone will do the drugs; there will be some who stop because it's legal, and there will some that try it, some might become users, but most will be casual users, and then some will become addicted, but the numbers when you think about it, they most likely will stay about where they are now. This means our Crime Rates would drop, our prisons would actually hold people who deserve to be there, real criminals, rapists, murders, serial killers. Instead of cops chasing people selling drugs, they can help people in neighborhoods where punks go around breaking into cars and vandalizing property, it'll mean a cop will actually be able to do something about it instead of saying "sorry". All these things can be achieved if we legalized drugs.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join