It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

***"Formal" adoption of UF's banner??***

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Nice one John Bull

has anyone appluded UniversalFiction for producing the banner for us yet? He deserves some points for it.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by pantha
Nice one John Bull

has anyone appluded UniversalFiction for producing the banner for us yet? He deserves some points for it.

I'd like to "second" that pantha in all respects!!
I'm not sure *how* one "applauds" but I make no secret of saying I've clicked the "Way Above" link for UF for his sterling efforts to give us a first-class signature for us to use. In a way I was embarrassed to start the thread as I had no role to play in devising the signature but felt that it's existence needed promoting to a wider audience and thought - perhaps - that UF *might* be "uneasy" about what might be thought "self-promotion", if you understand me?

I'd also like to thank milked for the tremendous help he's given to baked (and, indirectly lot's of others I suspect) in sorting out the signature/ URL issue. It's this type of "self-help" that really makes ATS "stand out" from the crowd IMHO!!

So, thanx to all - and to Jon - for giving us his endorsement and support for the SETI@home signature!

Go ATS SETI@home team!!

G ;^))

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Just testing to see if my signature file is working

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Back to try this again

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I hope this is it

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by KillerD
I hope this is it

It certainly *is* - get rid of that "mad" face KillerD aand chill out instead!!

Looks good my friend!!

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by KillerD
I hope this is it

Sorry, but it isn't because I can't click on it and go to the SETI site.
Try this one:

[Edited on 8-1-2004 by Agnis]

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I can copy the link you sent me but for some reason it won't let me paste it into the signature file. Guess I need the BIG Gun!!

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Here�s my explanation of how I got my signature to work (as far as I can remember). First of all I saved the image and then uploaded it to my ATS uploads. Next I had to edit a post that I�d already posted (don�t worry you don�t go through with the edit it is just for the purpose of getting your link for your sig.)
Within the edit you click on the insert image button and insert the url of your uploaded image and this will give you a link to your image in your message box. You then highlight and copy this and then click on the insert a hyperlink button .when it asks for the name to be shown for your link then you paste the link to your image in the box and click ok . then it will ask for the url for your link to point to and this is where you add the seti address. At the end of all of this you will have the complete link for your picture/link.
I copied this into word to be on the safe side and then went straight to edit profile and pasted it into my signature.
I hope that I have explained it correctly and not confused things.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by pantha
Here�s my explanation of how I got my signature to work (as far as I can remember). .... I hope that I have explained it correctly and not confused things.

Cheers pantha - very useful to all I'm sure!!

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 06:30 AM
link   
hi guys ...just joined seti team...love the banner am tryin to get it to work thx

[Edited on 22-1-2004 by chimpchimp]

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by chimpchimp
hi guys ...just joined seti team...love the banner am tryin to get it to work thx

Hi cc!!!

GREAT to have you on board!!

Keep persevering with the signature - it took most of us about 5 attempts or so to complete the process but it does work!!
Pantha's expalnation above is quite detailed so hopefully you'll be able to sort it out!! If not, come back and we'll try to assist!!

Go ATS SETI@home team!!

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   
ok much thx to pantha and much thxs for the cool banner it only took me 22 tryes to get it right lol

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 07:22 AM
link   

ok much thx to pantha and much thxs for the cool banner it only took me 22 tryes to get it right lol

no probs happy to help

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   

22 tries?!!
Now *that* could be a new topic, couldn't it cc? "How many attempts at placing the ATS SETI@home signature to your posts?" !!

Well done for persisting - wherever *we* go, we promote ATS SETI@home team!!

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
OK based on my sig, can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong? thanks.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 02:23 AM
link   
sorry bout that last post, got it now. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by meddled
sorry bout that last post, got it now. Thanks.

Way to go meddled!! Looking good my friend!!

How amny attempts please? Here was about 6 (I think) but it was very satisying to get it done - eventually!!

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I think my attempt number was around 12, and then TrickMastertrick sent me the coding! Thanks man!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join