It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids being programmed for space travel????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I've noticed more and more how a lot of computer games lately have pretty realistic graphics and sound, some of the vehicle control with vibrating controllers is superb. My little brother could whoop me at most games even though I'm from the previous gaming generation (My name is Ken, I have a wee problem with Playstationahol, whew....Step 2)
My brother was using computers at 3. Meaningfully, not just goo gahh stuff.
My Playstation sits idle because I don't have the time or the reflexes to get back on par. My brother owns an X-box and is hard to beat on a game he never played. He understands a fair bit about space habitats and colonies, as well as Mars exploration. Has the education paradigm shifted that far in 12 years? (When I was at school last) Man i wish I was younger! We were told space is a black vacuum. Full stop. Any questions. (Lotsa hands up) Good, moving on to the next topic...
If my brother has trained himself how to land a Hooziwatzis on a Chrinelian Pungdanger or what ever it's called, imagine if you rocked up for the job and there was a playstation or x-box controller sticking out of the dash. A lot of qualified people!
The surprise factor would be reduced, you's just need a bit of open space to practice 3 point turns.........

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
LOL. It seems to me, you play too much computer games and do not spend enough time studying what you claim is happening

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Nah, space travel is just inherently cool as hell and the industry is catering to that.

join