It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hunt for Zero Point

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2002 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The Hunt For Zero Point

Written by Jane's Defense Review reporter Nick Cook, "The Hunt for Zero Point: Inside the Classified World of Antigravity Technology" is a modern bible featuring the latest information on antigravity research and a complete historical background on its secret origins and development - both in the United States and abroad.

www.americanantigravity.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Wow, that definitely does sound interesting, even through this thread is 4 years old. Antigrav technology is amazing. Although I don't have the book/s, does anyone else here have a copy? I would love to hear what they contain.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
Wow, that definitely does sound interesting, even through this thread is 4 years old. Antigrav technology is amazing. Although I don't have the book/s, does anyone else here have a copy? I would love to hear what they contain.

The guy is just trying to get rich by selling another book with fictitious conspiracy material. If what he says is true, then he should have published his findings on the internet, and let humanity benefit from such a discovery.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I would definately read a book by Hutchison on zero point energy... has he written one? Hutchison... now theres a pioneer in zero point energy!

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 05:42 AM
link   
[edit on 25-4-2006 by glastonaut] AARRRGGHH Post got deleted when I sent it

[edit on 25-4-2006 by glastonaut]

[edit on 25-4-2006 by glastonaut]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Is this along the same lines as study to reduce "Effective Mass" so that accroding to E=MC2, we may be able to approach the speed of light?

I mean the reduction of mass of an object would allow for anti-gravity propusion as well right?

And if mass is reduced to zero, then acceleration would have no limits. If E=MC2 is true.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I couldnt read anything interesting. You have to buy the book. Sorry guys no comments as there is hardly any information. The only addition to the information that I gained was the name of the person who has devoted a decade behind it....

Would help if there was some article....

Cheers

K23

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 06:35 AM
link   
You guys should check out the website. There's lots of information, including videos.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I got nothing off the web-site except some pics and advertisments..

This fascinates me, anyone else have any information on the subject?
Any technical stats?
on-going research?
ETC

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   
police officer,

Did not read your previous post.

Interesting to note about E=MC2.

Let us try to equate this equation.

E=Energy
M=Mass and
C=Velocity of light

If we take mass to be zero then,

E =0 x 299,792,458 metres per second [speed of light in vacuum]

Speed of light information

This will result in,

E = 0.

Hence, i think the mass should be a minmum of 1,

If we equate this again,

E = 1 x 299,792,458 metres per second

Thus,

E = (299,792,458 metres per second)2

This puts energy equal to the square of velocity of light.

I am not a scientist and i could be wrong in my calculations.

I am quite interested to understand how mass can be reduced to such an extend.

This is not a challenge to your statement but just a benefit for our discussion.

Thankyou

K23

[edit on 25-4-2006 by knowledge23]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Your correct in your equation, but I was unclear in my intention. I'm plugging values into the equation to attempt solution.
If you take the mass of an object to 0, and then introduce energy, acceleration would be unlimited.
I initially got the concept from "Coast to Coast" and then researched some Physics data. There are hints and conjectures about the concept, nothing more.
There seems to be so much here that we do not know, and just enough to tickle the mind.
Was wondering if any members had any information.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Found this article on the net. Great read and it is quite long but it gives a lot of information. Hope this helps in your quest.

Calculations contained within this paper will provide much evidence for the existence of a superluminal wave-like entity with a velocity of approximately 9E+16 m/s that combines with another entity traveling at 3E+16 m/s to create particles having a torus shape

Please click for article

Cheers

K23

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by police_officer339
I got nothing off the web-site except some pics and advertisments..

You got nothing off the website???

Here are audio interviews:

Articles:

Research:

Video clips:

And for specific Nick Cook material you can use the search function on the site:

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Thanks to all the replys
I now have tons of stuff to ponder...
Aint this site GREAT!!!

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by knowledge23
police officer,

E=Energy
M=Mass and
C=Velocity of light

This will result in,
E = 0.

If we equate this again,

Thus,

This is not a challenge to your statement but just a benefit for our discussion.
Thankyou

K23

The equation E=mc^2 does not refer to acceleration at all.
E=energy, with units in kilograms x meters^2 / second^2
m = mass in kg
c = velocity in meters / second

a=acceleration in meters / second^2

The equation

F=ma

is a simple physics equation that means Force equals mass times acceleration. If you know the amount of Force applied and you know how much the object weighs, then you can solve for the acceleration by dividing Force by mass.

F/m = a

You can't divide by zero. If your mass equals zero, then the equation does not make sense. But, if you make mass very very small, then acceleration keeps getting bigger and bigger. Here is an example. Pretend Force = 10. I will use different magnitudes of mass, starting at 10.

10/10 = 1
10/5 = 2
10/1 = 10
10/0.1 = 100
10/0.01 = 1000
10/0.001 = 10000
10/0.0001 = 100000
10/0.00001 = 1000000

As the mass approaches zero, then your acceleration approaches infinity.

E=mc^2 has some cool applications. I am a chemistry major, and had to spend a little time studying nuclear chemistry. Here's the watered-down version. If you perform nuclear fission on an atom, it fragments into smaller atoms and neutrons. If you take all of these new atoms and neutrons and add them together, they weigh less than the original atom. This is called the "mass defect" and its value is used for "m." When you plug it into E=mc^2, you can calculate how much energy was released from the fission reaction.

When you talk about time-travel and theoretical stuff like that, you have to introduce relativism. There is some funky equation (that I don't have memorized) that is used in relativity that involves some ratio of the speed of light and actual speed and the mass and what-not.

Anyway, I have digressed. As far as anti-gravity is concerned just remember this:

F = m*a ......... F/m = a

This means that the lighter something is, the less force you need to apply to get it to accelerate at a certain rate. If something weighs zero, then acceleration becomes infinite....

BUT YOU STILL HAVE TO APPLY THE FORCE, WHICH REQUIRES SOME SORT OF ENERGY SOURCE. Also, friction still fights back on that acceleration, and generally speaking, the faster something is going, the harder friction resists. You have to learn partial differential equations (Calculus 5) to get into that stuff. I wasn't directing the all-caps at you, just the people reading who believe in free energy.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Cool and I was unclear, or perhaps thought that it went without saying that reaching a mass state of "0" would theoretically be impossible. But as your equation indicates, the lower the mass, the less the energy needed to induce acceleration.

I really sucked at Mathamatics, but was always fasinated by Physics. (yes I know, cant have one without the other.), It's the conceptual principles that attract me.

My degree is in Forestry with a minor in Wildlife Biology. (wanted to be a forest ranger before the Marine Corps) so bear with me...I'm trying..LOL

And no, I was just putting out the principles I obtained from "Coast to Coast" and have no idea if anyone is working on it or not.

I would hope so as the Federal Government approved a grant last year to study why Criminals want to esacpe from prison. No kidding!!! DUH..HUH?

This would seem to me to be far more practical.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I have just finished reading The Hunt For Zero Point.

First of all, its a piece of investigative journalism, that is not too heavy on physics. But still a good read.

The crux of the book centres round knowledge gained through Operation Paperclip. It suggests that the Nazis were investigating a new form of propulsion using spinning plates charged to huge voltages. It is alleged this technology was migrated to Germany (along with any scientists who weren't shot by the SS, inparticular Kammler) and has been researched for the past 60 years.

Claims made include that the B2 stealth bomber has its wings charged to huge voltages to imitate this effect and provide better performance. More outlandish are the connections between this technology and the "Philadelphia Experiment" and potential dimension changes.

As far as the Physics goes, I'm afraid you are going to have to put the F=ma and E=mc^2 equations away for now. This effect deals with interactions with the quantum vacuum. The idea is that when a generator of high electromagnetic force is made to spin at very high speeds, it starts to react with the zero point energy field (a "torsion drive" i think), and this resonance generates enough energy to cause objects to levitate or lose their mass. Further, it is claimed that these devices achieve this by warping spacetime and interacting with higher dimensions such as branes from parallel universes.

The performance of these devices is shown to be unpredictable, yet several people claim reproduceable results (Podkletnov and Hutchinson). I have seen videos of the Hutchinson effect and some of the footage is quite spectacular.

At no point do any of the protagonists claim they know the origin of these effects they are studying, but there is proof given that the US in particular (and Russia) are investing a lot of money in reproducing this effect.

The book is a great detective story and well written (the laboured pace in the middle picks up and the last few chapters are dynamite). Well recommended!

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Oh don't mind me, I wasn't poo-pooing anyone. I just wanted to add a little tid-bit of info. I agree - principles in physics are much more interesting than the math behind them. I have a couple of Stephen Hawking audiobooks, and he discusses no math. He just talks about what goes on with a small smattering of technical stuff.

The math behind physics is only necessary if you want to DO the physics. I guess that is the difference between "learning about physics" and "studying physics."

At my university, they require you to take one year of math-based science. I think that it actually does a disservice to those who are not interested in it. I vote to make them take a class that goes over the concepts of the science without any math, but grades just as harshly as the real class. I think it would benefit society a lot more if people at least had a general idea of what goes on conceptually, instead of just memorizing a bunch of equations they will never use again.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Agreed Ralph
and thanks glastonaut....great information there.
Considering this topic, talk about going where no man has gone before..
FASINATING

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ralph_The_Wonder_Llama

Originally posted by knowledge23
police officer,

E=Energy
M=Mass and
C=Velocity of light

This will result in,
E = 0.

If we equate this again,

Thus,

Thankyou

K23

The equation E=mc^2 does not refer to acceleration at all.
E=energy, with units in kilograms x meters^2 / second^2
m = mass in kg
c = velocity in meters / second

a=acceleration in meters / second^2

The equation

F=ma

is a simple physics equation that means Force equals mass times acceleration. If you know the amount of Force applied and you know how much the object weighs, then you can solve for the acceleration by dividing Force by mass.

F/m = a

You can't divide by zero. If your mass equals zero, then the equation does not make sense. But, if you make mass very very small, then acceleration keeps getting bigger and bigger. Here is an example. Pretend Force = 10. I will use different magnitudes of mass, starting at 10.

10/10 = 1
10/5 = 2
10/1 = 10
10/0.1 = 100
10/0.01 = 1000
10/0.001 = 10000
10/0.0001 = 100000
10/0.00001 = 1000000

As the mass approaches zero, then your acceleration approaches infinity.

E=mc^2 has some cool applications. I am a chemistry major, and had to spend a little time studying nuclear chemistry. Here's the watered-down version. If you perform nuclear fission on an atom, it fragments into smaller atoms and neutrons. If you take all of these new atoms and neutrons and add them together, they weigh less than the original atom. This is called the "mass defect" and its value is used for "m." When you plug it into E=mc^2, you can calculate how much energy was released from the fission reaction.

When you talk about time-travel and theoretical stuff like that, you have to introduce relativism. There is some funky equation (that I don't have memorized) that is used in relativity that involves some ratio of the speed of light and actual speed and the mass and what-not.

Anyway, I have digressed. As far as anti-gravity is concerned just remember this:

F = m*a ......... F/m = a

This means that the lighter something is, the less force you need to apply to get it to accelerate at a certain rate. If something weighs zero, then acceleration becomes infinite....

BUT YOU STILL HAVE TO APPLY THE FORCE, WHICH REQUIRES SOME SORT OF ENERGY SOURCE. Also, friction still fights back on that acceleration, and generally speaking, the faster something is going, the harder friction resists. You have to learn partial differential equations (Calculus 5) to get into that stuff. I wasn't directing the all-caps at you, just the people reading who believe in free energy.

The equation F=m*a is Newtons Second Law of Motion. This equation is however very useful in understanding the concepts in airplanes. Here Mass M is constant to understand the force or the acceleration. Obviously the mass has to be constant or the plane will start to disintegrate.

In the generalised view the point which you have raised it correct, as mass decreases as per einstein's equatin energy increases.....

There are two types of reactions as you would be aware. Nuclear fission and Nuclear fusion. Both powerful reactions. What happens with the sun is a nuclear fusion reaction of He helium where two atoms join and due to this energy is released. The other reaction is fission, which is used to create atom bombs.....Uranium 92 is highly unstable as you would know. the process of disintegration is constant....with an external source of energy, the nuclie is split which releases the energy....in atom bombs as i understand uranium is surrounded by TNT [Tri Nitro Tolven] which when exploded breaks the uranium into smaller nuclie....as everyone is aware from the aftermaths of the explosion a massive amound of energy is released.......this doesnt contribute to the threads discussion but just thought of putting it down.....

new topics

top topics

join