It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bosnian "pyramid of the sun" loses state funding

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I'll be blunt -- this is a big sigh of relief for all the REAL archaeologists in the area and one that I'm happy to see.

To summarize -- Osmangic had been funded by the Ministry, to the dismay of the museums and cultural exhibits in the area. They diverted money away from existing things (some of the museum buildings were in horrible shape... leaks and cracks and worse) and gave it all to Osmanagic. After several years of grandiose statements by Osmanagic and overwhelming complaints from the scientific community, the Ministry came down against further funding for the project.

However, Culture Minister Gavrilo Grahovac decided to shut down the source of funding, at least this one, because this was not a serious archaeological research. The credibility of the people who collaborated on the project was “unreliable” and they have published their findings that were kept away from the experts.

It finally became apparent even to the Ministry that Osmanagic wasn't excavating... he was carving out his very own pyramid and destroying sites:

By acting on its own initiative, the foundation does not act in keeping with the existing regulations of archaeology, in spite of being registered at the B-H Justice Ministry, and its registration itself ought to be looked into.

Here's the link to the story:
www.javno.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Three cheers please for Mr Osmaganic who milked it as long as he could....
nice attempt at credibility there (please call me about your swiss bank account
)
and of course
I told you so.......

[edit on 11-6-2007 by Marduk]

join