Large Hadron Collider - Dangers?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I think that humans alone cant end the world its all up to god ,personally this whole thing is stupid! let nature take its cource.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Teknikal

Really? Care to share these images, because quite frankly a ot of people have never seen a black hole, especially since black holes do not grow unprovoked, and in turn also do not expand and start eating everything in their path. Do share these claimed pictures.

As for the frequent colliding of these atoms in the atmosphere, no..it's...really not that different at all. The same effect is created by those atoms as the ones the LHC would create. It IS nature, not manmade, so the scale poses a more likely balance to that as well in that event if we were to use those symantecs. But I don't feel the need do you?

Seriously, people make things issues to worry about because they want something to worry about, that doesn't make it true, credible, or real, it just means that they do not have anything better to do than to count the days on their fingers until something finally does happen. That's no way to live, but who am I to criticize? I just wish people would be more inclined to put more thought into their doomsday theories rather than just pitch anything at a topic.

End of my activity in this thread, I don't need to rack up posts on these CERN threads, it's a waste of time, since people are going to believe what they want to believe, and furthermore, there's enough on this site that if they were pieces of paper, and a puma was coming at me, I could strangle it to death.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
The Sun Thursday the 11th if September, year of Our Lord 2008

Black Holes came out of a huge waste of money (see tits opposite), we've all been doomed. Fortunately The Sun can report that time can now travel backwards as well as forwards due to the fact that the dimension of time has been 'unwrapped.' The Sun has an exclusive with the real men behind our, now called, 'Spherical Slip,' and looking at how time can go both backwards and forwards. The football on the back page has a link into time travel now. Golf has been suspended because we can't risk a ball that size dropping into a hole. The Sun is very concerned about the semantics surrounding this and the space for the ball to roll, without a hole.

The Sun Says: We need to work to the future and that means black holes, no matter how worm hole small......

[edit on 11-9-2008 by redled]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shugo
reply to post by Teknikal

Really? Care to share these images, because quite frankly a ot of people have never seen a black hole, especially since black holes do not grow unprovoked, and in turn also do not expand and start eating everything in their path. Do share these claimed pictures.

Not the images I was thinking off but easily enough to make my point the one I was actually thinking of was covered in some documentary I can't even remember the name of.

couldn't get this to embed so here is the direct link.

YouTube

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

amen

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageofdeceit

ok wtf this seems way to sci-fi to be real but if it is the possiblity of destroying the planet seems like it would scare off even the maddest of scientist. Maybe its my ignorance on the situation i have no idea the extent of the rewards would be, its just that the down side seems a lil heavy to even consider, all im sayin is that they better balance out their pros and cons before they destroy the earth

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Is there really a need to spend all this money on a bunch of useless garbage that could be the end of the earth. Who cares how the universe was created, lets learn how to save our planet. This isnt one of the ways.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The chances of the LHC destroying the planet are infinitesimal. The mini black holes people are so worried about wouldn't even be in existence for more than a few seconds and they'd be too small to actually affect anything. And for all those who are worried about the energy generated by the LHC, the earth is bombarded with cosmic radiation every day that would put the LHC's energy output to shame. If the LHC were capable of destroying the planet, it would be a moot point because the planet would have been destroyed a long time ago.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by watch_the_rocks

I agree with you, people like to talk and say things they know nothing about. Second of all, why not risk ourselves in destroying the ourselves if we already risked so much during the cold war? We were at the brink of a Mutual assured destruction with Russia, and yet there wasn't that much controversy back then.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageofdeceit

These worries are stupid... a mini-black hole would have so little power ,that it couldnt even light a light-bulb. Those big black holes that you read about (And it seems you didnt read through enaugh) are so powerful because all the matter of a giant star went Super-nova ,was squished to 1 small object (into SINGULARITY) wich produces ridiculous amount of gravity... that's why its black - light can't escape its "orbit" or itself. Get it?
READ MORE!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Hi guys - first post so go easy on me!

Anyway, was trawling for info and found this. Its a complex paper but the general info is quite interesting!

arxiv.org...

Obviously there are still some concerns driving research into mini black holes.......

Quote: "Especially, when the internal matter state is
represented by the coherent state, the black holes created in the LHC may live long
enough to escape the LHC and penetrate into the Earth."

[edit on 14-6-2010 by soreshins]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I've said this from the beginning that their is a real possibility of the creation of a black hole...Also simulating the big bang is not a good idea but they just keep it up with no say from the people...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by soreshins
Hi guys - first post so go easy on me!

Anyway, was trawling for info and found this. Its a complex paper but the general info is quite interesting!

arxiv.org...

Obviously there are still some concerns driving research into mini black holes.......

Quote: "Especially, when the internal matter state is
represented by the coherent state, the black holes created in the LHC may live long
enough to escape the LHC and penetrate into the Earth."

Welcome to ATS!

Did you read the post two posts up from yours?

There are protons hitting the Earth at far higher energies than what the LHC is capable of, so whatever the LHC will do is already happening but with much more powerful collisions outside the LHC.

There are real things we can fear if we want to have something to fear, like Yellowstone erupting and wiping out half a continent, or another rock like the one that wiped out the dinosaurs hitting and wiping us out this time. I think the chances of both of those happening in the future is very high, but in our lifetimes is pretty low. The dangers from a black hole created by the LHC are far lower, I wouldn't say zero, but pretty close to it.

The fact that the earth is still here after enduring billions of years of high energy collisions more powerful than those in the LHC is pretty good evidence for that.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I would prefer a black hole, which would quickly swallow up the planet.

This always seems to happen. And it's probably intentional.

First, the public finds out (or is given information) about some suspicious thing. Then, out of the blue, a ridiculous explanation or viewpoint suddenly spreads about it.

Soon, everyone talks about that explanation or viewpoint, and ONLY about that explanation or viewpoint. Discussions get polarized, with deniers on the other side, and believers on the other side, and common sense has no room anywhere.

This follows the same pattern. You can find this pattern elsewhere very easily.

H.A.A.R.P. is supposedly capable of lifting up Earth's Ionosphere (or something), and that's pretty much the only angle anyone talks about. Most people don't talk about mind control, or waveforms that affect the living beings' mood and suggestibility.

Greenhouse effect - sorry, Global Warming - sorry, Climate Change is the only worry that is talked about when people speak about pollution. The topic of speech is C2O, and nothing else. No one remembers that there is lots more than coming out of the exhaustion pipes, and that breathing exhaustion fumes is poisonous. It pollutes all air sooner or later, so no one will be able to breathe, and it smells awful and creates lots of dangerous 'health effects'. But C2O and price of gasoline are the only things that people worry about, and 'Climate Change' is the only thing that people care about, when pollution is mentioned. As if all the other problems just vanished out to thin air (no pun intended)!

And Large Hadron Collider follows this polarizing pattern perfectly. Everyone talks about a "black hole", but no one talks about the real reason why this thing was built. There was a prediction in the mid-90's about a huge supercomputer being built in France in the future (which is now present or past), which would be used to hold all the information the 'PTB' have collected about human beings (most likely 'citizens', 'persons' and 'consumers' or 'corporate slaves' though). There is so much data, that only a supercomputer of almost unimaginable proportions (at the time) would be needed for that. Together with the microchip and it's mind-controlling abilities (it also follows the pattern of people only worrying about the loss of their privacy or corporations collecting 'personal info' about them), this computer would basically rule people, or at least it would be used for that purpose.

No one has questioned the huge amounts of computer power and harddrive space they have in there. Are we all equal? Why can't I have even one PetaByte of harddrive, or billions of dollars donated to me if I want to research something,. but those people have (if memory serves), something like hundreds or thousands of Petabytes data storing capacity. Why is all this needed? I don't think it has been explained very well, but people haven't asked a lot of questions about the LHC either, despite the 'black hole' silliness.

You can take almost any such even slightly controversial topic that has to do with big money, big power or governments, and it will always follow this pattern.

There ARE other problems in the world besides some 'global warming' (which never happened, so the term was changed to 'climate change' - it was predicted in the 80's, that in the 2000's, winters would be completely snowless or only have very little snow - but the last few winters here have been way more 'snowy' than usual, and even snow records have been made), there are wars, starvation, actual pollution of air, water and lands - there is cutting down rain forests, but also other forests - there is exponentionally expanding garbage dumps (certainly not sustainable!), ... this list could go on and on, even before even mentioning the evil 'legal system' with corporate greed as the driving force, the human enslavement... the constant brainwashing, and so on.

But no - people only talk about 'climate change' as if it was the only global problem in the world.

Sorry for the rant, it just sometimes gets to me how things always follow this pattern and common sense never even enters the discussion from any direction.

I don't know what LHC has been built for, but apart from it being completely unethical to pour so much money in these useless things (NASA being the other corporation with such greedy agendas and activity, that doesn't benefit humanity IN ANY WAY - not to mention all of it's hoaxes, and how much those rockets pollute), there is probably some really evil reason for building it.

I mean, 'big business', the military-industrial complex, huge corporations and other such entities DO NOT POUR THAT MUCH MONEY into a project that doesn't serve the evil agenda of the evil people who supposedly 'own' (though not really lawfully) most of the planet. There has to be a BIG reason why LHC was built, not a tiny reason like "fulfilling scientific curiosity".

While the tobacco industry can continue polluting people's lungs and breathing air, just as long as it makes some superficial changes to their packaging (ridiculous), people are starving to death elsewhere. Instead of tobacco, food could be grown. But it isn't, because it's more beneficial for the entities mentioned to keep people poor and in slavery. They certainly do not work for the benefit of humanity!

Why would the LHC builders?

And did huge amounts of money and resources get poured into things just because some scientists scratched their head a bit and expressed 'curiosity'? Really? Is that how it works?

No. Big corporations won't pour dizzying amounts of money and resources into huge projects that take years to build just to satisfy a few scientists' curiosity. Think about it.

Besides, what good is it for the humanity that those scientists get satisfied? Why isn't everyone who is "curious" get billions of dollars? Can I go to them, scratch my head, and say that I am curious about the inconsistencies of the NASA "Moon landing" stories, images, videos and claims, and as a result, receive billions of dollars to build my own laboratories to research this stuff and to build investigating teams to challenge NASA and their claims?

I don't think so.

So obviously not ALL curiosity is equal. What curiosity 'should' be fulfilled, and what should take the back bench, until every human being at least has food and shelter on this planet?

If people really thought about these things, LHC could never even have been built, and the world could quickly turn into a much better place for all. But I predict that this post is going to receive insults and demeaning comments. Not because it would be understandable to react that way to these thoughts, but because of my experience that whenever someone expresses actual thinking, attack is the result. ATS is no exception. Anything goes as long as you conform to the norm and write what you are expected to write.

In any case, all I am really saying, that LHC was built for a very solid and serious REASON, and I don't pretend to know exactly what that reason is, but I wouldn't be surprised if LHC would extend the esoteric powers of TPTB, to enable them to advance their evil agenda in huge leaps and bounds, and to enslave all people even further. I don't think it even has anything to do with hadrons.

Or I could be wrong, and it's a completely useful and beneficial (to all humankind), very important thing to pour so much money in, and we all need to love it, and cherish it. And it's completely harmless too, and the financiers simply wanted to satisfy some questions that certain scientists have, just for fun. Who knows? I could be very wrong about all this, and I am simply sharing some perspectives and thoughts here, not claiming anything.

So before you start attacking me, remember - I am only sharing some perspectives, that's all. You can still keep your worldview.
edit on 4-1-2013 by Shoujikina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
to follow the last post which seems quite odd to bump something that was originally posted up in 2007.

Firstly... Billions of dollars of money went into the LHC... this is correct well done.

Billions (about 20) spent over the period of 15-ish years split between over 100 counties. Do you now see why this "Oh they spent billions on this and money could have been better spent solving the worlds problems" is the biggest piece of garbage ever uttered?

You know that America spends more than that each year on cosmetics right? let alone 100 counties... so point this finger of blame at some other target please

It is a particle accelerator, yes the computing power required to run simulations and store the data (not the data regarding everyone in the world... come on where did that come from?) is vast. You cannot have a petabyte hard drive because such a thing does not exist sir. What they have is arrays of many thousands of disks, and the computing is spread between about 170 different universities internationally. It isn't one great big closed off centralized hub were men in black hang out and watch everyones moves. To think such a thing is bordering on delusional.

If you want to bring real physics into why the LHC will not destroy the world you just have to look at the sky and realise that cosmic rays hit the atmosphere every single hour that have 10 or more times the energy in the collision than what the LHC is capable of. We have not yet died because of an atmospheric black hole...

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join