It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anicent god of war?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I had a dream a few weeks ago of a heavly tattooed bald man covered in blood carrying a lantern wearing something like a loincloth. I was almost certain this was probably nothing more than a dream but a friend of mine thinks prehaps maybe this was some kind of ancient god contacting me because i've had very violent dreams since(i've always had violent dreams but I was always on the defensive side since I dreamt of the man i actively seek out others to harm or kill in the dream). I know how crazy that sounds (believe me I told him) but hey you never know. Anyhow if the discrption does fit any of the ancient gods please the name here thanks.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
if its any god at all its going to be a moon god because of the lamp (brings darkness during the night)
the Mesopotamians believed that hair wouldn't grow on a gods head because their blood was fire (any facial hair they had was always made from minerals like Lapis Lazuli)
there is some evidence that they were into tatooing (at least in the early days)
so sounds most like the Moon god Sin
en.wikipedia.org...(mythology)

but like you said
you're probably worried about the angst between you and your parents or something and the result is you having freaky dreams

in my experience ancient gods don't contact people in dreams
they usual approach is to approach people in the daytime (at least according to ancient texts)
the only god I ever heard of coming in a dream are those gods for whom you being asleep and lying down is a benefit

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk
in my experience ancient gods don't contact people in dreams
they usual approach is to approach people in the daytime (at least according to ancient texts)

Just what your experience about ancient gods was?
Or was it you were saying "according to your knowledge" ?

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
my experience is in the brackets
thats why they are there

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Well you just accurately described the main character in a video game called, coincidentally, God Of War.

You probably saw an advert or something of it, your brain messes with you during sleep. Kind of like regurgitating memories and throwing them back at your mind at random.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Lmao,

Yea, that's a perfect description:
wiki: Kratos
wiki: God of War

..kickass game

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
MC, I'm pretty well-versed on ancient war god mythology and I don't know of anyone that is depicted as such. Why did you friend say it was an ancient god? Did he/she say why heshe thought so?

Having violent dreams for a period of time doesn't necessarily mean that it is a god trying to contact you. What it does mean is that your subconsious is working thru something. It sounds as if your subconscious is trying to come to terms with the "wild man" in you, you know the primitive Pagan jungle lord so to speak?

Perhaps if you put a small representation of Tarzan or some such on your fireplace mantel, desk, etc. it would help you to integrate this part of yourself better with the rest of you. I know this may sound silly, but I've done a fair amount of dream interpretation as a therapist and this is a great way to connect with those parts of yourself which have been disconnected for whatever reason.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystifiedClarity
I had a dream a few weeks ago of a heavly tattooed bald man covered in blood carrying a lantern wearing something like a loincloth. I was almost certain this was probably nothing more than a dream but a friend of mine thinks prehaps maybe this was some kind of ancient god contacting me because i've had very violent dreams since(i've always had violent dreams but I was always on the defensive side since I dreamt of the man i actively seek out others to harm or kill in the dream). I know how crazy that sounds (believe me I told him) but hey you never know. Anyhow if the discrption does fit any of the ancient gods please the name here thanks.

No, it doesn't fit any of them that are known.

I read of an interesting technique called "Dream mapping" that may give you some insights on what it means to you.

Here's a page with a little bit about it (scroll down):
www.geocities.com...

Here's a long academic paper by someone I know (a wonderful and wise anthropologist.) At the end, she explains Dream Mapping in terms that anyone can use:
www.hs-usa.org...

I hope you'll find those useful!

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
maybe your subliminal mind is playing the trailer for the god of war video game in your sleep. or maybe you are a lab rat for subliminal advertising. If I were you I would contact the local authorities and tell them you are a victim of mind control. Or you could simply just fasten your tinfoil helmut before falling asleep each night. Maybe it was just a dream....

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Its likely that your frame of mind is changing, moving from you subconsciously being on the defensive to the offensive. You saw a popular media figure, which you may not even realise you have seen, and your brain connected violence with him.
It would also explain why you immediately assumed it was a 'God of War', because your mind associates the image with the name.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by aecreate
Lmao,

Yea, that's a perfect description:
wiki: Kratos
wiki: God of War

..kickass game
LOL Someone's on the money!

new topics

top topics

join