It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucid Dreaming Help Please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Ok Im posting this because I really need help from anyone with experience. I have been lucid dreaming for several years without realizing there is actually a name for it or an actual definition.
Having read several articles Ive begun to develop it to pretty advanced stages extremely quickly but now Im beginning to experience pain and I dont seem to be able to prevent this in the same way I induced the dreams.
This has happened rapidly and now every time I dream I feel acute physical pain if anything happens to me in the dream. This struck me as odd because you know youre awake when someone pinches you and it hurts.
Im asking for help because it has been getting worse quickly and its really starting to scare me
Thanks

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Do some reading on how to take control of your lucid dreams and make the dream go your way then you'll avoid the painful situations.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Can you give a more discriptive example of what you mean by pain?
Though it may be unpleasant, it is a lot more digestable with direct explanations' of how and why you are experiencing this 'Physical' phenomena.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
book: exploring the world of lucid dreaming

chapter 10. is dealing with nightmares... but I think you should read the whole book

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Thanks for the advise
I can control my dreams well enough to avoid painful situation but it is hard to avoid the ones I have had
An example is as I was walking along barbed wire instantaneously kind of 'grew' out of the ground and wrapped itself around my ankles
Or another one was when I was in a crowded square and a passer by bit a chunk out of my arm. Im sure a psycologist would have a field day
Any more advise?

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Wow, if I was in your shoes I'd just stop with the lucid stuff and will myself back to sleep or get out of bed and go and make a cup of tea. Your experiences are analogous to taking acid and having a BAD trip.Seriously though, maybe you should learn to meditate so you can get in a positive frame of mind. You might have some fears you need to overcome. It might also be some kind of psychic attack, probably from you own subconscious which is the same thing as being a bit neg.Your dreams remind me of one my son had years ago. He was playing with his friends and having a great time when suddenly a stranger just appeared from nowhere and shot him. It took me ages to calm him down, he was genuinely offended and hurt.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I see what you mean and Ive honestly tried to stop but even before I started to actually practise I had similar dreams frequently
When you said I should try meditating, how do you mean? Do you know how I can learn properly?
thanks

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I'm quite rubbish at meditating because I'm useless at focussing, probably 'cos I drink too much tea, (caffeine). If you can control your dreams a wee bit then perhaps some meditation or thought focussing exercises would help you to keep your dream on track. Maybe you should plan how you'd like the dream to go before you have it.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
It says somewhere in the ebook listed above about induction techniques (I read it while trying out LDing on my own a while back). Anyway, one of the techniques is called a VILD (Visually Induced Lucid Dream). In this technique you visualize what you want to dream about multiple times over again, through basically everything you want to do in the dream, until you fall asleep. Also, you should remember that you can't actually be harmed in dreams. You may feel psysical pain while you are dreaming, but it doesn't carry over into the real world. So, while in your LD, just try to remember that.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I experience pain quite a lot when lucid dreaming, I usually just challenge whatever is causing me pain but sometimes i'll wake up with a major headache. If it gets really bad then i'll just wake myself up by squeezing my eyes together .

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Thanks, I really appreciate the advise
Does any one know of some sort of beginners meditation book I can get to go with my 'Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming' ?!

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I am very new in regards to knowledge of lucid dreaming. My first thoughts on this as a beginner in regards to this thread is to listen to your intuition, and study and read facts and opinions and then use your intuition again to see what feels best for you. Best of Luck!

top topics

join