It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John From Cincinnati

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   
AH MM, It's ok.
I watched episode 3..And, am becoming a fan.
So Zippy the bird healed Sean with a little peck on the cheek.

There does seem to be a religious angle, or analogy to the story.
I was interested in what John did to Kai..and NOT the word he kept repeating, but, this imagery he put into her head..

Guess we'll have to wait til Sunday...hmm Sunday, another religious reference?

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
Am I making too much of this religion angle?

I still don't know if I like it or not. But I'll give it one more go.

I thought about the three (not so) wise men angle. I also thought about Mitch, Butchie and Sean being the father, son and holy ghost (sean was a dead man until the parrot did the dance).

and Al Bundy? what's his role in this biblical twist?

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I'm being hooked despite myself. But as an atheist I'm disturbed by the religious overtones.

I hope it turns out to be John's an alien. anything but the second coming. LOL

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
you are kidding, right? I was hooked on Carnivale and that show was all fire and brimstone. I'm hooked on J from C. They've lured me in nicely. The biblical aspect is part of the fun, even if the jesus factor and the apostles and whatnot are from the sequel to the book I learned about. (jews can be into jesus without being jews for jesus, right?)

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Only half kidding, actually. I'm sensitive on the subject of religion right now, got churchy friends that keep telling me all I need to do to win my custody case is pray. :shk:

I loved Carnivale. I didn't see it as Christian-religious though. It seemed more pagan to me, even though the one character was a minister, he wasn't a "son of god" if you follow me.

Anyway, I'm going to keep watching. I got to the point where I'm more curious than bored. But every time those three guys at the hotel come on I end up really confused. They don't really make any sense whatsoever.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
comic relief. that's what the three wisemen were meant to be.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
OK I give up. I'm lost. I get some of the story arc, but Al Bundy's character is getting on my nerves, as are the heroin dealers. It just seems so pretentious in some ways it's really bugging me. I don't know if I will watch any more of it, but I don't know if I can stop. It's making my brain hurt.

I was wrong about who Sean's mom is though. Wow. Y'think she's supposed to be the Whore of Babylon in some manner?

[edit to clean up redundancy]

[edit on 9-7-2007 by MajorMalfunction]

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
i gave the show 4 episodes and i gave up. I dislike every character, i think some of the actors are downright horrible. I am done with the show, it actually makes me sick.... but i did give it a try. Have fun wasting your time watching it, because i'm sure it will be short lived. :shk:

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
late to the thread, but hooked on the show. I don't watch much TV, but I can't get enough of JFC! Season finally (or last episode ever) next Sunday. I've watched from the beginning and am still confused. Whats going on in IB?

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Still watching too.

It's quite a puzzle, the whole show.
Frankly, the more I watch, the more characters they bring on, the more puzzled I become. At least it's not written to a formula..So many shows are so predictable, this one is NOT one of those.

I look forward to the Season finale this Sunday..And hope that at least one or two loose ends are tied..

One thing I haven't done, is to go back and watch previous episodes.
That will come in the off-season, I suppose.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I haven't had a chance to watch last Sunday's episode yet so I'm a week behind but I'm still watching. The constant addition of characters is normally a nightmare for a show but, for some reason, in this show they don't bog down the story. That could be because there really is no story. Surfer family meets strange jesus like figure who weaves various people together for some unknown reason.

It's enjoyable because the acting is very good (except shaun and the butch surfer chick who works in the shop) and each episode is just strange enough to keep you watching.

Fortunately, the season ends this week because come the 13th I will have two more shows to deal with. Weeds and Californication.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I'll be watching the series finale tonight or tomorrow. not the season finale, the series finale.

show's cancelled folks. Moose out front should've told you

www.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I am truly bummed.
Last episode was good..and tied up a few loose ends, though not all.
Time to sign a petition..

"resurrect John!" LOL

Come to think of it....no....couldn't be..
Is the show weird enough, for this to be an excuse to......

"John resurrected on HBO"...

nah...

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I actually tuned in because I was too tired to change the channel after Big Love.

I can't say I'm disappointed it's over. It just seemed too contrived to me. If anyone comes across a site that explains just what the heck was going on, though, I'd appreciate the link.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I am really ecstatic that the show was canceled. I genuinely loathed the show! I hated the characters, i think most of them couldn't act, and the show basically just made me sick. Here's to something good filling up our sunday spot!!

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
I am truly bummed.

as am I. Not because the show was so compelling but, rather, I wanted to find out where the hell they were going with it.

things to note:
9/11/14 - prediction of some kind a disaster.
they went to Cincy and Shaun pointed up to the sky.
the father's father would mean John wasn't necessarily Jesus, maybe his son.

Like Carnivale, I watched the show, hoping for some eventual understanding as to where it was all headed. Like Invasion and Carnivale, I feel like I got taken for a ride and dumped off before the big dip.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
Like Carnivale, I watched the show, hoping for some eventual understanding as to where it was all headed. Like Invasion and Carnivale, I feel like I got taken for a ride and dumped off before the big dip.

Exactly!

HBO did this to Deadwood too and then said there would be a couple movies to wrap up the story. Then just a while ago they announced no movies will be coming.

I also don't know one fan of the Sopranos that doesn't feel like they got the shaft after 7 years and then getting that ending in the last show.

Carnivale and now John, which I actually enjoyed strangely enough. I'm bummed out.

I don't understand the "hate" comments personally. You ARE allowed to change channels or turn the tv off when you don't like something. To sit and watch something you "loath" seems rather self-hating.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I liked the Sopranos ending. It was typical of Chase and it managed to end the show in a manner that will forever be discussed.

another show that died an early death and owes the viewers some form of an explanation - Invasion. I loved that show.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
I liked the Sopranos ending. It was typical of Chase and it managed to end the show in a manner that will forever be discussed.

Ok, now the score is:

37 to 1

I never watched single episode. I was going to watch them on dvd until most people were mad at the ending. Kind of ruins it.

I was a huge Invasion junkie. I forgot to mention that before. I was really pissed after everyone was being rounded up in the finale. I never missed an episode. I thought it was a really good show.

All I can say now is...I don't know Butchie instead.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join