It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I told you she was a robot

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Hillary Clinton is a politician. She has a staff of very well trained professionals who control most of the things she says and does in her public appearances. Because of this she comes off very android-like in those appearances down to the overabundance of hairspray she uses. In person she's rather likeable but has a habit of needing to be in control. You have to understand that what you see on TV is not who they are in person. A politician's main project when elected and even when running is to create in image. You can't consider the public image of that person to be the real person. Like BT said, she does work her ass off for our state. Rick Lazio is a pompous prick personally and publicly and I was quite happy he lost. What matters to me is if the elected official is doing their job, in her case i can emphatically state that she is. She might not have been born a New Yorker, and her Yankee hat game was pathetic, but the people who live here know she works hard for us and would reelect her in a snap.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   

If it was a conservative he would instantly be a racist...

Yep, so true...

It's rumored, that he replied, "No, but would you like to go get a slushie?"

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
He should of said to her:

hey you 'down' for takin' up a few lines later on?

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time

UP, where you been? Hanging immigrants by the pinky toes in the basement again, huh?
Good to see ya!

Well well.....

I never did such thing and I really hope that I won't do it. You don't know how I can be a gentleman. And a gentleman ( especially when he's an educated european
canNOT do what you wrote. It's only good for your rednecks friends.

An educated gentleman will just bomb the hell out their origins countries. No more foreign countries = no more immigrants = no more immigrants to hang out by the pinky toes in the basement.

Tell me BT, are you a gentleman ?

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
To my ears, it's niether funny, nor racist.

Perhaps I've missed the point. Are indians/pakistanis known for runnning gas stations in the US like they are here for having corner shops?

I must have missed the point here.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Zzub,

good point.

I notice how immigrants desire to take over an entire part of the economy with one ethnic group or tribe.

so in a way she was just telling the truth but of course in this politically correct world you cannot do that...

I always wonder how they do that anyways, take over an entire industry in no time... how?

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I think they see an opportunity and work hard to get the results. Indian families in the UK have a whole family running the shop so it can be open all hours and pull in the money. Good luck to them, I say. If somebody is willing to work, then why shouldn't they.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Zzub,

so you think it is all above board?

I don't.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I don't know how it is in the US, and I probably don't realize how it really is here in the UK. I was merely speaking from what I've seen here. I think I drifted off the main path of this thread, sorry. I can't really comment on this, I'd be guessing.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Zzub,

fair enough, and frankly I cannot say that everyone is doing something untowards but I see what I see, people in the country 10 years advancing very fast when locals barely budge. Doesn't add up to me.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
It happens to be factual in my neck of the woods that a lot of jobs, for example, cab drivers, gas station attendants, and convenience store proprietors are of certain ethnicities. When I say this, people may think I'm being racist. I, however, believe that it's a good thing because they are people who go out and find a job to support their families. So while some people might make fun of things like Apu and the kwikee mart from the simpsons, i prefer to think that the person got a job and is supporting his family. Anyone who makes an honest living is alright in my book.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join