It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weak Bananas?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I hope this is the correct forum for this.

Every week I get some bananas for my breakfast. About seven or eight. However, the least few months, I have noticed that the bananas are practically falling off of their stems. The peels are ripping where they meet the stem. This occurs in every single banana.

Is this a sign of ecological trouble? Is it a sign that chemicals are having an effect on our food? I won't guess any further, though you may. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Maybe someone here at ATS actually knows the reason why this is occuring?

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Your lucky your eating bananas period.
No more bananas

Id say its a fair guess that what your experiancing is emblematic of the issues listed in the article, the soon to be extinct banana.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I love bananas and I really havent noticed anything odd lately.
Where I live it just depends on the store, maybe they are fresh maybe not as fresh. All depends on when I go shopping I guess.

Does anyone else put mayo on there banana sandwiches. I tell people that and they think im weird. Is that weird? Yummy. brb

[edit on 11-6-2007 by earth2]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I love bananas and really miss the big ones. I remember we use to get them over a foot long. Now because of EU rules they all have to be the same size, about 6-8 inches. I did see a long news item on bananas a couple of years back which made me wonder if they're safe to eat. Apparently there's just one place (dunno where) that all the world's banana crops come from and these are islands that have THE MOST POLLUTED soil on the whole planet.Can anyone confirm if this is true?

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
Does anyone else put mayo on there banana sandwiches. I tell people that and they think im weird. Is that weird? Yummy. brb

[edit on 11-6-2007 by earth2]

Yes that is weird, you require professional help.

I noticed this reciently also. My neice allways pulls her own bannana from the bunch, on this occasion 4 of them split in various places, they couldn't go back in the bowl so we ate them all, they tasted fine, maybe a little soft.

If bannanas might die out, what about our other fruit? that has been selectively bred too.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
You're not wierd if you love a banana sandwich. I grew up with them and had one just the other week. Very refreshing. Especially good with real butter, also great on a bread roll. Takes me back to my childhood when we had banana sandwiches on the beach, complete with crunchy sand. Don't fancy the mayo though.I have noticed that they don't snap easy at the top like they used to. Nowadays I find I have to start with a wee knife cut at the top to get the peel down or I end up just twisting and twisting and bruising the neck of the banana and getting nowhere.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
I love bananas and really miss the big ones. I remember we use to get them over a foot long. Now because of EU rules they all have to be the same size, about 6-8 inches.

Thats is utter tosh, an old wives tale, same as the one about the straight cucumber and the square tomato.

I was in Tesco's this morning and there were bananas from 3 countries.
One lot were from Thailand and looked like little stumpy midgets fingers (with apologies to any midgets reading) some others were from Jamaica and were enormous and others were just marked Geest.

new topics

top topics

join