It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypocrisy IS Christianity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I hate to break it to you OP'er, i am a Christian with MANY Christian friends and nothing you said in your OP would be new to ANY of us.

We are not perfect... we are humans. Hypocrisy is normal human nature, Christians are normal humans as well. Have you ever had a cheesburger? smoked a cigarette? or drank soft drink? You knew it was bad for you yet you still did it, you hypocrite. Try and go even one day without doing something you know is wrong, then tell me why you feel it is fair that Christians should live up to your perfect expectations.

Hypocrisy is NOT Christianity

The correct thread title:

"Hypocrisy is Human Nature AND Christians are hypocrites because they are human."

Oh and for you obvious sexual frustration... whatever your orientation, find a loving partner and be happy. Don't worry about what people will think of you.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
I was going to say something about that, TheBadge, but you beat me to it.

I thought Christ was love? Perhaps THO needs to re-read his scripture.

Though THO did sort of prove the OP's point.

[edit on 12-6-2007 by MajorMalfunction]

Hmm, well I don't see how I was being odious.

Christ is love, all I was doing was simply calling the OP what he is, a whiny baby.

I believe the OP's rant on Christians stems from his obvious sexual frustration. Perhaps he feels Christianity has inhibited certain "feelings" he has for the same sex?

Oh BTW SilentShadow, excellent post.

[edit on 12-6-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
According to the free dictionary:

hy·poc·ri·sy (h-pkr-s)
n. pl. hy·poc·ri·sies
1. The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.
2. An act or instance of such falseness.

Hypocrisy is living a lie...the exact opposite of integrity which is living truth...

It is definitely human nature, which WE ALL SHARE, to be self-deceptive...but there comes a time, sometimes sooner and sometimes later, in which we SEE that we have not been SEEING ourselves in TRUTH....

thereafter, we choose to either live a life of hypocrisy or integrity.

John 9:39-41
And Jesus said, I have come into this world for judgment, that they who do not see might see, and that they who see might be made blind.
And those of the Pharisees who were with Him heard these words, and said to Him, Are we also blind?
Jesus said to them, If you were blind, you would have no sin. But now you say, We see. Therefore your sin remains.

If EVERY soul who declared that they did their utmost human best effort to follow the simple teachings of Christ, whose name they freely use...there would be NO HUNGER or HOMELESSNESS or despair and hopelessness in the hearts of both children and adults...

If EVERY so-called Christian did their best to LOVE THEIR neighbor AS they love their own self...and did their best to JUDGE NOT...then the world would be a FAR different place.

Many do, I know...and I know many more souls from all walks of life who do not claim Jesus as savior or Christ as God yet do the commandments which he taught us....

As a whole, though, as an institution....christianity IS hypocrisy - but it is for a definite and eventually positive affect on all of us. It is the 'proverbial threshing floor' where the chaff and wheat are separated in an obvious fashion. The man made churches are far more populated with those who are still self-serving and unrighteous in their thoughts even toward one another...and eventually those that become aware of this choose not to associate or worship with those who are still blindly insincere.

This is not a criticism or a scathing review borne out of bitterness or such...just an unadorned statement of what I see and what God has confirmed to me as being truly what is seen with eyes that see.

Pharisees....Christians....those who seek the approval of the people in their community over their desire to know and understand God, yet claim this very thing as the thing which merits the respect of their peers...idolatry...hypocrisy...

BUT that's okay...THIS IS HOW WE LEARN! God teaches us all things however we might best learn them. I do think, though, that hypocrisy is much like intentionally being untruthful (lying) and that God would prefer an imperfect yet honest soul rather than a self-deceiving soul who wants to convince everyone else around them so that they can continue to believe their own lie after they recognize it...easier than humility for most, it would seem.

But NO ONE can LIE to God...honesty is the best policy...he loves us no matter what but lying is treacherous and not of faith.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   
It is clear religions today are based on outdated and many times barbaric laws. Best would be to create new religion and this would also guarantee peace which we need, if we want to survive.

Christians are too confused by old books like Bible and individuals who manage to extract information how Jesus would live are starting to sound like most of the New Age movement. So you see, you are not that different and also other religions are about peace and cooperation, so there is no reason we couldn't unite. Think about it!

God never asked people to trust one book only or one prophet only. It's time religion evolves too or else we will all perish in World War 3 or 4.

Give peace a chance, extract useful info from holy books and donate them to museums where they belong. Then start to practice real religion. It's not that hard.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
sb2012, religion is antithecal to peace. there can never be a truely united religion, mainly because we already have religions out there that all claim to be exclusive truth. and it is fairly obvious that the only thing you can do in religion is claim absolute truth. all that religion can do is make unsubstantiated claims and say that they are right.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I'll go one further, different sects of the same religion can't even agree on what god is -- sometimes to the point of warfare. Think Sunni and Shi'ite.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Yes, you are right and i didn't clear it up at first place. We don't want new religion modeled after old since that would mean same violent brainwashing nonsense all over again.

We need something like New Age but with a bit of reason, also people should be able to choose freely what to follow and we could add new discoveries to it. Religion v2, no brainwashing, no stupid rules, only guidelines and some truths about our existence, if possible.

New Age could be OK too but this is wide area and some of it is really funny and i wouldn't recommend it to people, especially stuff which promotes cult-like behavior.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I personally don't think we need religion at all anymore. But in the spirit of answering your post without being the atheist "hater" people think I am ...

I think you have a good point. If people aren't going to give up "religion" then at least they should look at overhauling what they do believe. The Christian church has mutated often, and splintered just as often in its history.

If people moved from organized religion into a place of spirituality, you'd see more of what you're talking about. Spirituality is personal, and doesn't (shouldn't) necessarily mean the same thing as an organized religion would mean. There would be scope for differences, with everyone accepting that the others' differences are just one other description for whatever they think should be called "god."

It does already exist, and these people are labeled often by organized types as being "cafeteria spiritualists." And this is spoken of condescendingly, like it's a bad thing.

Religions that are organized need to keep a status quo to keep the money coming in. If people felt free to worship their idea of god without being told how to, they'd lose out big, so it's in their interest to prevent change of such magnitude.

[edit on 14-6-2007 by MajorMalfunction]

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
To be honest I dont think it just christainity. I do believe that the church can be corrupt. I think even the long stream christianity it worst than the new ones. All christian churches have a wrong belief. I Think most church believe more on what they want to believe, when they should believe what scripure says.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join