It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypocrisy IS Christianity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Ok.. Been reading a lot of these discussions and honestly I cant keep my mouth shut anymore.

No matter what Christian religion you follow... they are all based on lies and hypocrisy... Not to mention the fact that it seems that these religions seem to think anything that gives you bodily, or any other kind of pleasure is a sin..

First I'll start with the Bible.
Fact: The Bible was NOT written by Christ... It was written by men claiming to know the word of Christ or claiming to be prophets. Thus the reason there are so many contradictions in the Bible. If you want proof of the contradictions in the Bible.. then you obviously didn't read it.

Secondly I'll go with Christians themselves.
I have yet to meet one "TRUE" Christian that practices what they preach. No one loves their enemy... No one keeps it in their pants until theyre hitched to someone... And 99.9% of them masturbate.... not to mention the thousand other things they do that "Good Christians" arent supposed to do... Not to mention all of them are smiling A$$holes that smile to your face then try to stab you when you turn around... what happened to the golden rule? Hypocrites!!!

Thirdly... Pre marital sex being wrong was not something that Christ preached to us... it was some prude named St. Augustine who lived hundreds of years after Christ... and sorry... He was no more of a prophet than I am... Just like the rest of them.. I'll also point out that Christ never said that homosexuality was wrong... once again.. that was MAN.

Fourthly...
To all those that believe in "I need to be a good Christian because I dont want to go to hell..." They believe this because, as I was too.. they have been filled with fear that if they decide to think for themselves that theyll go to hell.. and because theyre taught from a young age that everything else is wrong... why? why is it wrong to think for yourself? Why would a god create an entire race just to worship him?

I could go on and on believe me.. however.. Ill leave you with this... Before you follow Christianity with rose colored lenses in front of your eye.. stop and question what youre being told.. without doubt lies are allowed to get through.

Lastly... Before you call anyone or anything evil.. think about all of the men, women, children and animals that have died "in the name of god," or because it was "God's will."

Smarten up society... or spread your legs in preparation to get the shaft.

Admin edit: Removed personal URL

[edit on 11-6-2007 by SimonGray]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
So much anger !

So much self-righteous hatred !

SO much SEXUAL frustration !

Your last comment is extremely disturbing.

Why not see a sex-therapist for your problems instead of banging on about Christianity ?

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The only comments that you made that I actually agree with is the first and fourth.

No one loves their enemy... No one keeps it in their pants until theyre hitched to someone.

It seems to me that you have bought into the "There are no more virgins" myth.
Okay.

It seems to me that you just posted this to rant. Carry on.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I agree, the Bible was NOT written by Jesus, they just (mis)quoted him on many occasions and a lot of stuff he said about personal freedom and not needing church they CENSORED. Bible you read today is heavily censored book, not worth much if you care about spirituality.

It is worth a lot of you care about political control and brainwashing.

About spreading legs, i agree, there is over 100.000+ raped children today and people still look down and do nothing. I was under impression sexual scandals from catholic church are just few isolated cases but after listening and doing some reading i see numbers are far greater than previously believed. It's above 100.000 raped and sodomized children! Do you think God wants you to be silent about this? Or maybe Satan wants you to be silent?

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
ignore me.

[edit on 11-6-2007 by Crakeur]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I find its funny that he bangs on Christians, for its not all christians nor is it all believeing people. Remember the bible say "Even the Devil Goes to Church. The bible said it in the first place there will be more evil than good. Some claim to be good who in heart are not.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
The bible said it in the first place there will be more evil than good. Some claim to be good who in heart are not.

That is quite contrary to the way Jesus came across. Jesus viewed most people as gentle and good, albeit, a bit misguided. I don't know what scripture you are referring to where it says that "there is more evil than good," but I have never happened across it.

[edit on 11-6-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   

That is quite contrary to the way Jesus came across. Jesus viewed most people as gentle and good, albeit, a bit misguided. I don't know what scripture you are referring to where it says that "there is more evil than good," but I have never happened across it.

Maybe not in those words. Revelations talks about there are (I BELIEVE) going to hell than heaven. And The gospels say that (the gates to hell are wide and open, but the gates to heaven bent and curvy. (not in those words)

Assumeing that there are more going to hell, then there would be more on earth too.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Well, I personally don't believe in hell, so it's a moot point for me.

But, actually what the bible states is that the path of righteousness is narrow and the path of sinfulness is wide. Now, everyone sins, so, unless you are going to make the claim, like Wicca does, that everyone is inherently evil, then to say that there is more wickedness than good in the world is not very valid.

Because if we followed that to be sinful makes someone evil, then everyone is evil.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Where did you get this information that Wiccans believe everyone is inherently evil? I know several witches and they don't ever say anything of the sort.

I know that Christians believe in original sin, which is closer to the concept of inherent evil than anything else I've ever heard.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
Where did you get this information that Wiccans believe everyone is inherently evil? I know several witches and they don't ever say anything of the sort.

I know that Christians believe in original sin, which is closer to the concept of inherent evil than anything else I've ever heard.

I have heard several of them make the comment that people are inherently evil and that we shouldn't try to fight that side of us. I didn't bring it up as a criticism, I was just saying that what slymattab was saying is not really kosher with what Christ taught. He didn't teach that there was more evil than good.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   

But, actually what the bible states is that the path of righteousness is narrow and the path of sinfulness is wide. Now, everyone sins, so, unless you are going to make the claim, like Wicca does, that everyone is inherently evil, then to say that there is more wickedness than good in the world is not very valid.

Through reading most of the bible, you get somewhat of a understanding that there seams to be more evil then good. But then again I have'nt been around the good as much. I seen more bad than good. So maybe my preception is off. Why dont you give me some scripture to think other wise.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
As far as the Wiccan thing goes, SoT, I think the people who claim to be Wiccans telling you that may not be representative of the true belief system.

What this means, pure and simple, is that there are no 'sins', such as sexual do's and don'ts, profanity, etc., AS LONG AS YOU STRIVE FOR AND AS MUCH AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE, ATTEMPT TO BRING HARM ON NO ONE!!! And we are promised our punishment and rewards in this life, not in some future, posthumous time. Number two teaches us that (similar perhaps to the 'golden rule'), what we send out, will return to us but in threefold nature. If we lie, cheat, steal, etc. then woe and evil in like form will be visited on us, in this lifetime, but in a threefold multiple. The same is for our attempts at patience, love, kindness, etc. The Goddess of the Wiccan is a truly all-loving, all- forgiving, all-understanding Deity that recognizes human imperfection and human frailty and strengths. She punishes and rewards as She judges appropriate. And as with the Christian Jehovah, it is not for us to question Her judgement. We do know right and wrong for She has given us that knowledge. Our choice in life will determine our life.

www.paganlibrary.com...

This is the accurate Wiccan viewpoint. The belief that people are inherently evil seems to be more of a view of certain sects of Satanists to me.

Sorry, not intending to hijack the thread, returning you to the original questionn ... NOW.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb

Through reading most of the bible, you get somewhat of a understanding that there seams to be more evil then good. But then again I have'nt been around the good as much. I seen more bad than good. So maybe my preception is off. Why dont you give me some scripture to think other wise.

Slymattab, don't take me the wrong way, I am not attacking you. I can certainly see where you would draw those conclusions, especially looking at the current state of the world.

Also, most of our opinions are very environmentally based. If we are around certain things a lot, we tend to think that is the way things are.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
As far as the Wiccan thing goes, SoT, I think the people who claim to be Wiccans telling you that may not be representative of the true belief system.

Major, that may very well be true. There are many out there that claim to practice many belief systems, yet, their ideas don't always jive with what the religion itself adheres to. Also, there are different branches of Wicca, at least from what I understand, so, I may be mistaken. It wouldn't be the first time and it certainly won't be the last. :shk:

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Its ok truth I dont think your attacting me. We may just have different stand points.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I have yet to meet one "TRUE" Christian that practices what they preach. No one loves their enemy... No one keeps it in their pants until theyre hitched to someone...

hahaha! same here though.
My old store manager was a youth pastor in a christian church. but he was such a jerk! at first i was like oh cool must be a nice guy then i come to find out how lame he was. Giving people who he KNEW were church goers more hours. giving me measly 19 hours a week KNOWING i have to pay rent and KNOWING i need that extra hour for my health benefits. always asking when are u coming to church etc. he would hardly even TALK to me just because i was open about how i wasn't much into religion / church. he would say hello to everyone else working on the floor but not to me! and i KNEW it was because i wasn't a christian. at the time i mean i didnt think much of it then i find its highly illegal what he was doing obvious favrotism (sp?)based on religion . this one chick too was not the best worker she was always half assed on the drinks and stuff and would always be getting a lot of hours even though she wasnt fully available and here i was open to work anytime. ugh. anyway yeah i agree on the whole
christians/hypocrites

i know not everyone is perfect but damn. practice what you preach homie.

i hate when religion is shoved down my throat.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I thought madnessinmysoul gave rise to this thread when I saw the title.

Anyways, all I see is another angry atheist complaining like a baby as usual.

[edit on 11-6-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Anyways, all I see is another angry atheist complaining like a baby as usual.
damn yo!
all hating haha

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I was going to say something about that, TheBadge, but you beat me to it.

I thought Christ was love? Perhaps THO needs to re-read his scripture.

Though THO did sort of prove the OP's point.

[edit on 12-6-2007 by MajorMalfunction]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join