It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think God gets mad...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
When bimbos and atheletes and actors and anybody with a camera on them invokes his name?

Hilton has been saying that she is changed by her jailhouse experience, and she repeated that theme with Walters: "Now, I would like to make a difference. ... God has given me this new chance."

The Seattle Times

If I dared to pretend to know how God thinks, I would think he gets a little peeved when people like her, athletes who use drugs and beat their wives and actors who sleep with anything that moves, invoke his name saying that they thank God or God gave me the strength. I would guess he would want his name left out of it.

Any thoughts on that? Who else really chaps Gods hide?

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Meh, it's just her way to show "Christian America" she's not such a bad egg. If you invoke the names of god or Jesus, you are a whole different person in some people's eyes.

If there was a god, I'm sure he'd probably be wanting to smack Ms. Hilton upside her selfish little head. But since there isn't one, the point is moot.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
God doesn't have emotions in the sense that humans think. Spiritual emotions are a far cry from physical ones.

[edit on 11-6-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Eh? Emotions are emotions and are driven by hormones and other chemicals pumped into the system by the brain's control of glands and organs.

So is god's love also not real? Or is love, driven by glandular secretions (including human growth hormone) the only emotion god is capable of?

No, wait, he's jealous and angry too.

So, how can a being that has no physical existence actually feel ANY emotion?

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction

So, how can a being that has no physical existence actually feel ANY emotion?

They don't. I have said that time and time again. Certainly not in any identifiable sense.

[edit on 11-6-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I dunno, the goD in the old testament was a drama queen.

I guess it depends eh?

how would something omnipotent all knowing alpha omega be mad, how could one suprise such a being if one exists?

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
why is it that people always thank god when they win and say that it was god's will.... but they never say that god made the other team win?

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
why is it that people always thank god when they win and say that it was god's will.... but they never say that god made the other team win?

Good point. God's will brings both winners and losers.

God ordains the good and the bad.

Even if the lowly praise God, it is not God who gets angry, but the wicked and sinners who do so. It is much like the Pharisees claiming that if Jesus knew the sinners he associated with, he would not be with them or in other words be revolted by them.

This is not true, for God created the sinners and saints alike and does not get angry when one invokes his name in faith. Who are we to judge Paris Hilton if she believes God sent her to jail for a purpose? For her, that was probably the most hellish experience she has yet lived.

Besides, it is my reasoning that like the Egyptian Pharaoh whom God hardened his heart toward the Hebrews, it is God who is the master of our thoughts and ideas. We just experience them as if they were our own.

You only get mad when things are out of your control.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
You all assume that there is a God....

I doubt Zeus is very upset, and I don't think Isis cares. These are all creations of mankind, and any attributes you give your God is only conjecture.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Well of course I get mad, I mean I don't look THAT old!

Ok, kidding aside, considering I don't believe in a deity, it can't get mad, so the answer is no.

top topics

join