It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humanoid toddler reacts to touch, sound

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AohUxx0HeUR2LA16dhATUJPMWM0F

A group of scientists in Japan have developed a robot that acts like a toddler to better understand child development.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is just wild, the toddler seems a little on the spooky side. This is However, very interesting. As if we already didn't know enough about human development. I was unaware of this going on. It is an interesting looking robot.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Why?

It's very hard not to make this a one liner (even a one worder!).

Have they run out of real kids in Japan?

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
These japs are mastering the art of building scary robots. Here is another one..
news.yahoo.com...

There are many, in fact all those robots are zombies

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   

The robot has 19 movable parts underneath the silicone face mask. When the robot hears the word "president," the online database picks up associated words such as "Bush," "war" and "Iraq" and creates an expression which the researchers said is meant to mix fear and disgust.

LOL! if I was drinking milk at the time it would of come out of my nose

link

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Originally posted by Rocksolidbrain:

These japs are mastering the art of building scary robots. Here is another one..
news.yahoo.com...

Holy cow, why so many robots? Kinda freaky they hate our president too. I mean if Americans hate him that is one thing, but a foreign power showing their hate this freely is kind of spooky. Why does humanity need so many robots again?

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Japan's supposed to be going into the 2nd space race in a big way.

IMO more robots and less humans for space exploration has allways been the way to go (in terms of productivity and safety).

Maybe thats the reason for all the robot devolopment.

Either that or their aiming for one that deals with *ahem* more humen requirements

new topics

top topics

join