It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you a Woo-Woo?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
So do you aspire to be a Woo-Woo or maybe just fell into it inadvertently?
Only one way to be sure, you need to consult the Woo-Woo Credo and observe the 41 Rules.

A sample-

Never look for the simplest, most obvious cause of something. Refrain from mentioning Occam's Razor (it's your nemesis).

Always favor the conspiracy angle over the boring angle. Mundane explanations (like saying that Roswell was a balloon) are for dullards and government drones. If you want to sleep with that curvaceous new-age chick, don't tell her you think astrology is bogus! (Non woo-woos may benefit from that advice temporarily).

Don't accept mainstream science unless it's something you've believed in for years (like gravity).

Use "what if" scenarios to change the subject whenever possible. If you linger on one topic too long you may be asked to provide annoying things like "proof." Don't let that happen! Consult a creationist if you need practice with subject-changing.

Memorize all the sci-babble terms used in the Star Trek series. They are very useful if you get cornered by a skeptic, and you need to come up with some sort of "scientific" explanation. e.g., Inertial Dampeners. (Thanks to SkepticReport.com for the Star Trek terminology correction!)

When all else fails, start asking hypothetical questions that have nothing to do with the actual debate. If your opponent chooses to ignore your pointless questions and remains on topic, repeat your meaningless question(s) over and over. This will make any Believers in the audience think that your opponent is evading the issue.

Use the word quantum in a sentence, despite not knowing what it means. For a more impressive effect, use it with the name of your favorite superstition - "quantum dowsing" sure sounds mighty serious.
[url=http://www.watchingyou.com/woowoo.html]>SOURCE

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Well, I'm not a woo-woo, apparently.

But I think there are a few around here somewhere.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The ChiKeyMonKey may well be fudging crazy, but he is not a woo-woo.

I have no idea what the word quantum means in any sence, apart from Quantum leap: that was a TV show with Scott Bulluga whale and Dean "always a friggin General" Stockwell.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Oh that list is hilarious.Don't believe I fall under the WOO-WOO catagory.If anyone doesn't believe me well this is for you.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Chukkles is no Woo-Woo, Einstein can help Chukkles prove it,
"Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure you mine are still greater." See!
He told Chukkles this from the quantum transdimentional inertial space/time flux continuum tear that is in the back garden, FACT.
I have a DEGREE and I will SUE!!!

top topics

join