It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aurora: The Smoking Gun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I've just found this video clip taken from a documentary by respected journalist and black project expert Nick Cook of Jane's Defence Weekly. The Video shows a satellite image of a jet contrail from Area 51 in Nevada, across the USA and over to Russia and China. Calculations reveal that the object creating the contrail was traveling at over 8000 mph. As far as I'm concerned, this is the best evidence yet that Aurora is real and operational.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I think it is widely acknowledged that some sort of Aurora-like craft exists, or has existed - and has been tested. The question is whether or not the technology is ever likely to be used in anger. Most leading defence authorities - including Janes, that you mention - seem to focus more on unmanned, remote controled aircraft technologies than massive speed vehicles like Aurora.

The real question is, if Aurora doesn't ever come to light as a project of significance for the US air force - who is answerable for the massive amounts of public money that have surely been thrown into this project only for it not to be used?

There is a vanity to the production of high-speed in aircraft that may not be matched by their potential in a combat situation. There is obviously a huge advantage to be gained from reaching a target or location 8 times as fast as your opponent - but is it actually necessary to do so at 8000mph rather than 2500, say, or even slower? What's the real gain?

W

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Aurora (if it exists) is almost certainly a reconaissance aircraft. It's pretty obvious why a spy plane needs to be capable of very high speeds.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   
i will have to download yet another blasted codec to view that clip - but in the meantime 2 questions

1 - if the craft really was doing mach 10+ andwas filmed live , where are the co-oberating ground sightings , or rather ` soundings `

the space shuttle is routinely heard on re entry - and often seen

aoura sightings ?

2 - who calculated this 8000mph velocity , and how ?

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
there have been several witnesses who have heard massive sonic booms and ground photographs of contrails that seem to indicate a pulse detonation engine. there is no real shortage of evidence... the X-43 was publically tested by NASA and is capable of such speeds, however it is unmanned. I'd have to guess the Aurora or similar project did or does exist in some form, as for the money wasted on a project like this - look at the comanche, a stealth helicopter in development for probably over ten years (I remember playing simulators for it in the early 90s) and probably almost a trillion dollars of tax dollars spent on it only to be scrapped by bush. We waste so much money on potential break-throughs, thats why we have the technologies and everyone else is just playing catch-up.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
The Donuts On a Rope contrail can be created by a regular jet engine under certain conditions.

This page shows the same contrail only made by a Harrier, and a Jaguar aircraft. Neither of which are hypersonic.
www.dreamlandresort.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
is there another location i can get the video. i don't have a rapid share account. and i just lost my free attempt

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Originally posted by collielikethedog

there is no real shortage of evidence...

Then please, feel free to enlighten us, your dear readers,
captive audience, as it were.

Please, indulge us with this cornucopia of evidence that you
seem so privvy to.

Waiting,
Lex

top topics

join