It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our US education system

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I just took a survey at my school for a project to see how bored they are in school. The result is arranged by my "bored-meter", it tells how bored are they in school daily

5% of the people who took the survey- 100%
91% - 81%
4% - 22%

Is it just me or the government try to bore us out and throw stuff at us so that we don't reject it. You tend to aborb stuff without rejections when you're bored. What do you think?

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   
there has to be a stupid class of people in society. therefore by boring the # out of you and teaching useless facts most people dont want anymore school and stop after high school. if everyone went to college who would make hamburgers at mcdonalds? who would be garbage men?

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by hmmm
if everyone went to college who would make hamburgers at mcdonalds? who would be garbage men?

And if not for college grads, who would serve coffee at Starbucks?

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   
exactly without a lower working class the world would never work. look at communism. it seems like a good idea right? everyone gets the same stuff and everyone is equal. but how can someone who is a doctor make the same pay as someone who digs ditches? the more important person would have to get more benefits ie pay.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I kow what you're saying, but I was just being a smart azz. Alot of college grads do those crap jobs too now.

What I find scary are the really, really successful people with no formal education. Like Gov. Schwarzennegger...I'll fix California's budget with my movie and weightlifting experience! His degree in economics was by mail!

Bill O'Reilly and Mike Moore had a good debate on this. It has to do with for capitalism to work (like you were saying) someone has to be the loser. Mike was saying the deck is stacked, for rich kids of former Presidents. O'Reilly made an even more shocking observation that CON MEN (if you know how to work the system) succeed from any walk of life.

Made me think of LImbaugh. College dropout, once on welfare himself...now makes a living basically talking out his azz about how anyone can succeed.

It's a con game in a way. There are some very uneducated succesful people out there. And very educated LOSERS.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazz
I just took a survey at my school for a project to see how bored they are in school. The result is arranged by my "bored-meter", it tells how bored are they in school daily

5% of the people who took the survey- 100%
91% - 81%
4% - 22%

Is it just me or the government try to bore us out and throw stuff at us so that we don't reject it. You tend to aborb stuff without rejections when you're bored. What do you think?

Perhaps you should try going to an all-year round school. From what I've heard, more people tend to stay in those kinds of schools because they get breaks every four or so weeks.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I've been telling people for years that school could use more explosions and shoot-outs. That would liven things up a bit.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I presented this result to my professor and he didn't seem so surprised and he asked me this question which bugged me : " After you went to college and accomplished everything society has set standard, but what have you accomplished for yourself, you're just living up to the standard?" My answer was money was he said to dig in DEEPER.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Boredom tends to be a direct connection with school.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   

there has to be a stupid class of people in society. therefore by boring the # out of you and teaching useless facts most people dont want anymore school and stop after high school. if everyone went to college who would make hamburgers at mcdonalds? who would be garbage men?

Stupid people who fail out of college?

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   

You are absolutely right. The capitalist system works beause it reflects nature in that it is survival of the fittest. Yes, it sounds evil but the beautiful part is that you are given a chance to compete. Not every one has the same advantages, but everyone has a shot at success. At least we live in a society that gives us the freedom to choose instead of one where we are told what we have to do, like the caste system in India.

top topics

join