It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The wrath of 2007: America's great drought

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   

America is facing its worst summer drought since the Dust Bowl years of the Great Depression. Or perhaps worse still.

The wrath of 2007: America's great drought

Climate Change, Global Warming, is it cyclical I dont know the Global Warming crowd seems to believe it will just get hotter and hotter, its rather disconcerting to be honest I have to wonder though is it possble in 20 years we will be sitting around debating Gobal Cooling.

[edit on 6/11/2007 by DarkStormCrow]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
So what are your thoughts on this article and issue? What do you think the culprit is? Global Warming?

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   

While some of this year's dry weather is cyclical - California actually had an unusually wet year last year, so many of the state's farmers still have plenty of water for their crops

Yeah that article kind of explains the draught down there. I mean it is not really uncommon to have more rain on an area on one year and then have less on the next. It seems to be how things work in nature. You have hot periods, you have cold periods. You have more rain, you have less rain. Weather or climate is not stable _ever_.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   
The author sounds more alarmed about the current drought but provides no data (at least that I read) on a persisting change in the weather patterns. We don't know what will happen in the coming years with rain patterns changing. Some us may be high and dry while others may be soaked constantly. Then again most of us may return to centuries old normal patterns but see some ares totally change. It's too early on the data to state what will happen but look at the current state of temperate zones (arable land) and how few they are compared to other less suitable farming sites.
BTW, Alabama grows mostly cotton, peanuts, peaches and some beans. A few areas will grow some wheat, grasses and grains for cattle.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   
too bad you cant ship rain...we have plently here in seattle

top topics

join