It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Beer Bottle' Solar Power?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
A Chinese farmer has made a solar water heater out of beer bottles!
66 beer bottle to be exact! Change the song to "66 bottles of beer on the water heater".

Seems pretty ingenious, using the focusing lens like quality of a glass bottle to heat the water as the water travels thru each subsequent bottle. Also the conductance of the heated bottle should add much heat to the water. Says a family of three can be supplied enough hot water from the sun.

“I invented this for my mother. I wanted her to shower comfortably,” says Ma Yanjun, of Qiqiao village, Shaanxi province.

Ma’s invention features 66 beer bottles attached to a board. The bottles are connected to each other so that water flows through them.

Sunlight heats the water as is passes slowly through the bottles before flowing into the bathroom as hot water, reports China Economy Network.

Ma says it provides enough hot water for all three members of his family to have a shower every day.

And more than 10 families in the village have already followed suit and installed their own versions of Ma’s invention.

www.impactlab.com...

[edit on 6/10/2007 by greatlakes]

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Somebody else posted this a couple days ago.
You know what, it is so cheap to heat water for homes using solar why dont the government get more involved in this? Imagine how much energy we could save worldwide. Of course im sure the gov. knows exactly what they are doing.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Wow! I actually think that's really cool. I am all for solar power if the resources are present to tap into it. Good for them

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
Somebody else posted this a couple days ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please post any further comments on the existing thread.

Thank you.

top topics

join