It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sasquatch carcass

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The old argument:
Why hasn't anybody found a Bigfoot carcass?

The usual answer:
Nobody has ever found a Grizzly Bear carcass either.

Logically:
The carcasses of Grizzlies probably have been found. Even if only a few.

Whatever. The common consensus is that there is only a small number of BF's out there, throughout all of North America.

According to the Columbia Mountains Institute, in British Columbia alone, the estimated population of Grizzly Bear is between 6,000 and 12,000. Out of this, few or no bear carcasses have been reported. (as far as I was able to find) I'm leaving myself some "elbow room" here.

Depending on just how small the BF population is, and how sparsely spread out through North America, the chances of finding a BF carcass would be the slightest fraction of the possible number of bear carcasses found.

Which, as far as we know, is few or none. And, a tiny fraction of "few or none" would mean that the chances of having somebody stumble across a BF carcass, would be truly remote indeed!

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Why isn't this obvious to other people as it's very obvious to me?:

Bigfoot humanoids are dropped down here and picked up by UFOs.
They don't live in the woods, they are like alien pets.

Also, the next time someone sees one of those things with a video camera, don't just stand there and hope to get a good shot at it.
RUN AFTER IT AND GET A REAL VIDEO SHOT!

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Horrificus
According to the Columbia Mountains Institute, in British Columbia alone, the estimated population of Grizzly Bear is between 6,000 and 12,000. Out of this, few or no bear carcasses have been reported. (as far as I was able to find) I'm leaving myself some "elbow room" here.

Why would anyone report a bear carcass?

But, even if you are correct that no one has ever found a bear carcass, no one has any trouble finding evidence of bears. Even if there were no eyewitness accounts, there would still be evidence of bears.

I'm not saying that Bigfoot does not exist, but I will not entertain the idea without some credible evidence. Blurry images and men in monkey suits won't do it for me.

[edit on 2007/6/30 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Why would anyone report a bear carcass?

But, even if you are correct that no one has ever found a bear carcass, no one has any trouble finding evidence of bears. Even if there were no eyewitness accounts, there would still be evidence of bears.

I'm not saying that Bigfoot does not exist, but I will not entertain the idea without some credible evidence. Blurry images and men in monkey suits won't do it for me.

[edit on 2007/6/30 by GradyPhilpott]

I'm not so much "proving the existence of BF", as I am shooting down the "no dead sasquatch carcass" argument.
And, maybe we see evidence of them all the time. I don't know.
I just know that the lack of a dead one does not mean they don't exist.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I just know that the lack of a dead one does not mean they don't exist.

No argument there, but the burden of proof is on the believers, not the skeptics.

When I was a kid living in rural Lousiana and Mississippi, I found animal carcasess and skeletons all the time. I never really gave them much thought.

However, if I had found a primate skeleton or carcass, that would have gotten my attention and I think that such would get an awful lot of attention, so, maybe it's not so much that people don't find, say, bear carcasses, it's just that it's no big deal.

Does anyone catalog animal remains in the wild?

One thing's for sure. Anyone who finds a primate skeleton in North America is going to let someone know, insofar as the only known primate to have ever inhabited North America is homo sapiens.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
It does seem that if there were another primate species living in the US, it would be pretty easy to locate evidence of its existence. There would be nests, or camps, there would be droppings, there would be some kind of impact on the environment that would indicate that a thriving species was eating, hunting, breeding, migrating and dying.

In the absence of such things, I have to wonder why anyone cares and why people insist on believing in something, when there is no evidence and the "proof" provided by the believers is so flimsy.

[edit on 2007/6/13 by GradyPhilpott]

There has been proof, Grady, true its somewhat scanty. Alledged hair and scat samples have been tested in the past, most are deer, bear, etc..., however, occaisionally, they come back with "unknown" stamped on them. You can take that for what it may or may not indicate pertaining to sasquatches existance. I agree that more needs to be found, but enough has been found that would seem to indicate the presence of something a little, or big, out of the ordinary is out there.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   

And on topic. No carcass doesn't mean non-existent. I have NEVER seen a whale carcass, so do they not exist? In my city there's a huge forest literally bursting with deer. Seriously, they are there all year round, from calf to corpse... yet those corpses are never seen. Ask anyone who works there and they'll say you get a corpse every now and then, but the majority of them are never found. No matter where you go, you hardly ever see animal corpses. Perhaps you'll see one or two, but never loads.

What? I see loads of carcass every day on my 30 mile commute to and from work... I merely have to turn my head ever so slightly and observe alongside the road I see deer, fox, dog, cat, groung hog, and others on occasion!

But more to your point I think you do seldom walk across them in the woods and when you do it must be within a few days or so of the animal perisihing and there is an awful smell associated with it

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Here's an analogy that might prove useful.

When a multiple murderer is caught often times he'll tell police where to go to find victims that are still missing, yet oftentimes it takes days of meticulous searching to find anything at all, and that's when they know where to look. Imagine how hard it'll be to find remains when you haven't the vaguest notion where to look. Nature's janitors do a remarkable job of sweeping things under the carpet.

It's only a matter of time 'til remains are found, if there are any to be found...

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I believe, it's just one of those things were there's no proof but you have a feeling there's something in the woods. Many of the natives here, Wash. State, have given me tips and stories about their experiences. I'll be searching soon, it's part of the fun even if Sasquatch turned out to be some hairy hobos.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Xfile

There is a story I ran across as a kid that disagrees strongly with you...

Late 19th century, just after the Civil War...two partners were in the Rocky Mountains, they were trapping beaver, and muskrat, or something along those lines, any way, something was raiding their traplines. They, of course, thought wild animals or maybe Indians were doing it. Seems fairly logical, no? According to the story, they began seeing large tracks that looked human, though outrageously outsized ones; along their trap lines. This convinced them that Indians were raiding their lines and stealing the beaver and muskrats. But they could never catch them...

After a while it stopped, and the two moved on into the deeper mountains. A month or so later, one of the partners noticed more of the oversized tracks again, this time seemingly following them, maybe even stalking them...but being armed and supposedly dangerous, they poo-poo'd the notion that they might be in danger. Several days later, one of the partners left for supplies leaving the other to mind the traplines while he was gone.

When the partner returned a week or so later, he found his partner dead, his camp destroyed with a large number of tracks all around the area. Needless to say, the surviving partner hightailed it out of the mountains.

This story, if true, along with the attacks on the Ape Canyon miners a few years later, and several hundred miles away, would seem to indicate that Sasquatch is very dangerous when provoked, and will defend himself quite effectively as neccessary.

Is this story true, I've no earthly idea...

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006
I am a deer and duck hunter. I have been in the deep woods many times, and I have never seen any deer bones or any bear bones. I guess thats proof that these animals don't exist.

I live in a very suburban area, I have about 1/2 acre of sparse trees and bushes behind my house and I've found deer bones there. I guess its just luck.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Bigfeet bury their dead!
That is why there is no carcass
they also probably stay close to rivers so they can do their business in the water to disguise their presence.

There are too many eye witness reports, and not to mention depictions of hairy beasts in Indian legends throughout the world. Why do all corners of the earth have their own sasquatch? They exist, do some homework and you will be convinced.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
ive always thought that perhaps bigfoots dispose of their deceased by burying them, possibly similar to humans, or maybe even get rid of them deep in a cave somewhere.

well... imadamnalien beat me to it.

[edit on 27/8/07 by wisefoolishness]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenDevil
I think it's more likely that dinosaurs exist in the amazon to be honest. We have claims of Sasquatch inhabiting much more explored and obviously tred upon area yet we haven't discovered a carcass, not even bones? To me this is proof of it's non-existance.

I'm not surprised at all that no carcass has been found. Let me explain why.

Obviously, IF this creature exists, it lives in a very isolated area(s) or there would be more sightings and visual/audio evidence of the creature. Now if anyone has ever traveled into an isolated, wooded area, especially with larger predators, how many skeletons of known creatures have you found?? Probably NONE. Once an animal dies, it becomes part of the food chain VERY rapidly and usually NOTHING remains.

So the lack of a carcass doesn't necessarily mean there is no unknown, bi-pedal creature. But of course, it doesn't mean there is either

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I am kind of resurecting this thread, however, as so many people believe that these are inteligent animals as it were, and with the average stride is going to be much larger than our own wouldn't it be possible they could cover a whole lot of ground in a short period of time? I mean think about this. When something is wrong with us and even old age we usually know we are dying, and really are the only species on earth that knows that its going to one day die. What if the sasquatch knows the same thing. What if it knows this and heads to some sacred burial ground or what not. I mean look at it this way, there is so much ground such as forests and remote areas that we may never be able to find it. A dying bigfoot, may have to go to Canada in order to die and what not. Its a possibility. Think about it.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I think it was monsterquest that aired something to disprove the "why haven't we found a body" question. They staked a fresh roadkill deer to the ground and set up a time lapse camera that took pictures every 10 minutes for 7 days. On the 7th day, everything but the bones had been completely consumed. Think about it, the bones would be quickly covered by foliage, so the chances of stumbling across a dead bigfoot body in that 7 day window when some of it's body is remained are very very slim. To further build upon this, you'd have to stumble across it early enough in the decomposition process to be able to identify it, after a certain period of time it could be just some anonymous decomposing body.

I've been an avid hunter all my life and spend a lot of time in the woods of Maine and Massacusetts during hunting season and while scouting/baiting before the seasons start. Never in the hundreds and hundreds of hours I've spent in rural areas, woods, logging roads, and clearcuts have I ever seen an animal carcass that wasn't roadkill. Hope that helps.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I have to go with the thought of corpses decompose pretty quickly in the wild. Not to mention the idea that these are supposedly humanoid creatures that might or might not be intelligent and could be like humans or elephants who would put the bodies in certain areas.

Besides as a child I lived in a pretty heavily wooded area and roamed the woods daily walking miles to the creek to fish and or just hang out. I spent literally the whole day out in the woods eating what was nearby or fish that I caught and cooked. That being said the area was infested with coyotes, bobcats, deer, bear, and many reports of puma. I never came across any and I mean any animal carcasses in the woods not even of the smaller animals such as birds or squirrels.

Now it could be that I was imagining all of those animals I seen, found tracks of, dens of, feces of, and so on. It could be that there are no animals around what so ever or it could be that in the wild scavengers will take a body apart and spread it over a great distance. Bacteria does start to break a body down as soon as things die, flies (when it is warm enough) lay eggs within hours, larger animals take parts of the corpse and other insects digest skin, bone, and hair.

I spent many years running around in the woods and never found a body unless I was near a road walking. Maybe someone could talk Bigfoot into a few roadside strolls so that one could get hit, and then you would have a body.

Really though, bodies don’t hang around long in an area that has an ecosystem designed to keep the natural “litter” to a minimum.

Raist

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

dude i know what you mean me and a freind were smoking some bob marley extra crispy one time up in the sierras and then he pulled out some shrooms and we were tripping balls and then we saw him he was right there i swear to god he turned around and tipped his hat just like this "tip" you know man it was awesome we got pics and everything we got some beef jerky then messed with him it was an experience at disney land on the whinnie the pooh ride i will never forget it was awesome!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join