It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sasquatch carcass

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Hey I had a head hanging, that somebody else probably shot... But it was free, I found it! And scavanged it!

It was discusting, I loved it dearly (punny!)~

[edit on 6/12/2007 by whargoul]

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
Also, hunters cull the herd, as the land can support only so many head, and starvation among deer is more widespread than you might think. It's not pretty.

I thought the gist of this discusion was that we never see deer carcases, so we don't have to see bigfoot carcases to believe in them...

Where are the starved deer carcases coming from to prove the point above?

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Mostly farmers hay lots. Also, because grazing is so reduced, many are on the road being hit.

BF seems to be 'smarter' than deer.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy

I've never gotten a thing from telling the story of the night I saw a Bigfoot with my own eyes. I've never asked for anything and never will.

I don't even ask for anyone to believe me. I don't care if anyone believes me. I know what I saw one night in the woods of Arkansas, a Bigfoot.

If you don't believe me, hell if no one ever believes me, I'll still tell the story cause it's true.

Ok, so at this point I don’t believe you. Keep telling the story.

Originally posted by JackofBlades

And what about the sightings of seven foot tall hairy men in Britain? Or the Australian Yowie? Or the Himalayan Yeti? The Mongolian Almas? The Asian Barmanou (a man investigating this creature extensively was murdered and his killer never captured)? The Indonesian Ebu Gogo? The Scottish Greyman? The British Woodwoses? The Japanese Hibagon? The Filipino Kapre? The Vietnamese Nguoi Rung? The Sumatran Orang Pendek? The Malaysian Orang Mawas? The Chinese Yeren?

Ok, any evident of them? Proof?
Did they have any basic evidence such footprints, behaviours, food chains, faeces, territory and any biological evidence?
Don’t tell me they are aliens, ghosts or something else which don’t have earthly common living beings characteristics.

You see? America isn't the centre of all things with Bigfeet. There are reports of similar creatures all across the world... literally!

Yes there are reports, and that is the problem.
People can report anything with no basic evidences.
You can name everything from any part of the world with no evidence. How far will you go?

Really it is simple, it is air, food, water, mate, territory, waste, belongings, behaviour and any other living beings biological stuff.
And to make it simpler, a living being is a living being. Unless you are talking about non living beings on earth.

Don’t be afraid to think logically, it makes you feel better.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CinLung-Part-1

And what about the sightings of seven foot tall hairy men in Britain? Or the Australian Yowie? Or the Himalayan Yeti? The Mongolian Almas? The Asian Barmanou (a man investigating this creature extensively was murdered and his killer never captured)? The Indonesian Ebu Gogo? The Scottish Greyman? The British Woodwoses? The Japanese Hibagon? The Filipino Kapre? The Vietnamese Nguoi Rung? The Sumatran Orang Pendek? The Malaysian Orang Mawas? The Chinese Yeren?

Ok, any evident of them? Proof?
Did they have any basic evidence such footprints, behaviours, food chains, faeces, territory and any biological evidence?
Don’t tell me they are aliens, ghosts or something else which don’t have earthly common living beings characteristics.

You never asked for proof, and I never offered any. You claimed that it was Americans who were the one's seeing Bigfoot. From what you wrote, I picked up that you think America is alone in all this... clearly it isn't.

Yes there are reports, and that is the problem.
People can report anything with no basic evidences.
You can name everything from any part of the world with no evidence. How far will you go?

I'm not sure if you know this but an early explorer to the 'New World' brought back amazing reports of an animal he saw out there. He reported it was bigger than the biggest bull, clearly bovine but covered in a rug and bearing two huge, powerful horns. This creature would thunder across the plains, making the ground tremble as it went because of its size.

Sounds like a pretty fearsome beast right? Wrong. It was nothing but a bison. My point is that 'reports' are usually all people have to go on. As we explore our world further and, inevitably and regrettably, shrink the amount of woodland we are likely to find a whole bunch of new animals... and there's no less chance of finding a Bigfoot or three.

Really it is simple, it is air, food, water, mate, territory, waste, belongings, behaviour and any other living beings biological stuff.
And to make it simpler, a living being is a living being. Unless you are talking about non living beings on earth.

Bigfoot has all of those. There is an abundance of air, food, water and mates. Their territory is the forests across the world, which make up literally thousands and thousands of acres. Now, you try trekking through each of those acres, rigorously searching for waste which would have biodegraded or been used by other animals for a variety of purposes is what I would call a futile attempt.
I don't know what you mean about the living being stuff.

Don’t be afraid to think logically, it makes you feel better.

Its all I do.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Mountain Gorillas werent discovered until 1902, before that they were spoken of by the Natives of the area, but the explorers and colonial settlers believed they were simply folklore and superstition of an ignorant people....
so could a more intelligent, evolved and even more elusive and shy bipedal primate be hiding in the vast unpopulated tracts around the world...even Jane goodal believes this to be the case
NPR Jane Goodall interview
It would be incredibly easy to move from north texas through oklahoma, kansas, nebraskas and all the way up through the dakotas or montana and into Canada and never has to go near a human settlement of any size, traveling at night it would be super easy to avoid people.
Even in busy national and state parks with through hiking trails most people are on well established hiking trails following maps and guides, very few people are venturing into the deep dense tracts of wild

As far as dogs tracking them....
Dogs dont act in their typical manner around what most believe to be bigfeet/bigfoots, my very large coonhound black mouth cur dog absolutely panicked to be let into the car, and actually peed on herself, the one time she was with us and we thought one was very close she has never backed down to another animal and has tried to charge boar in the past, She has spent nearly a third of her life with us in the woods and is used to the sights smells and sounds of the woods, i have never seen her spook like that
just my two cents

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Well...luckily at least there hasnt been anyone killed by these things!Btw,from what ive read these things have been reported in almost every state in the continental USA.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
There is another possibility that everyone has overlooked. It is pretty far fetched in some respects.

We have no way of knowing just how intelligent these creatures may be, or what abilities they could have. Much as white noise will cancel out certain sounds, it could be that they have over the eons developed a 'counter' to our noticing them. Call it mental white noise, that we not only don't notice them, but we don't even notice the white noise that masks them to us.

By keeping at a distance, and when nearness is unavoidable, using something on the order of a mental lullaby to keep us from noticing them, they could be really hard to spot. Most encounters seem to be accidental for us and them.

And, if they were aware of us on a scale of understanding comparable to even a smart canine, they could use other ways to disguise themselves. How many people would notice a large 'person' wondering around a campsite, provided they didn't come near? Just acting normal in an area, as long as no one got very near, would cover a lot of movement. It would mean that they knew more about us than we do them, but that might be the product of many lives spent watching us.

Now I'm NOT saying this is what BF is doing. Just pointing out that there are some very real ways that a fairly small group of creatures with above animal intellect could pass right through a lot of places unnoticed. Especially if they never wanted to stop in the local 7-11 or the Dew Drop Inn tavern.

The fact is, there are a lot of clues that something is out there. So far we haven't resolved what that could be. Or how it could be. Maybe we need to think more outside the box, and start giving BF a bit more credit than just some stupid ape. This may be a lot more than just some animal that we're looking for, with a few neat survival tricks of it's own up it's hairy sleeve.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xfile
Well...luckily at least there hasnt been anyone killed by these things! Btw, from what ive read these things have been reported in almost every state in the continental USA.

Well, who says no one has? There are alot of people who end up getting 'lost' in the wilderness and never seen again, right? Hey, all I'm saying is that it might happen.

Yep, Bigfoot has been sighted in all the states of the US at least three times. It is my belief that they sort of wander through the US and up into Canada, some sticking in Canada, others to the larger unpopulated areas of the US. I think that they are, at least partially, nocturnal creatures thus making it ever so much easier to get past our 'watchful' eye.

They get their food from the various animals/plants, group hunting being the most likely vehicle. Bigfoot feces? Yup, they got those too, heck I even saw a big steaming pile of the stuff once. It was completely dissolved the next morning, though.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I dont have an opinion one way or the other about this aspect of it but i have given it some thought

really in the woods at night even with a flashlight or a good high power spotlight type beam your vision is highly limited, the shadows can hide a tremendous amount of large things hiding.

and still i have no good explanation as to why a very large man wearing black pants and a hoodie with the hood up would be running through the deep woods in 100 degree weather..it was a miserable camping weekend..i dont know why even stayed, but it happened so fast and was so weird it took my mind several moments to take in what i saw, anyone dressed like that while running through that heat would keel over, not to mention be snagged on branches and vines constantly....

could it be that the pure unadultered fear many feel not only when they see a bigfoot but also when one is possibly near by, whether it be calls, steps, smells or grunts is a sort of mental white noise, thet eerie feeling of being watched or the tickle up the back of your spine when all your hairs stand on end...do gorilla grunts or growls, bear roars, or other animal sounds invoke that same sort of response in anyone, much less simple recorded sounds of them?

there are many accounts of them being visble while moving and then seeming to simply disappear when standing still, might their hair have evolved to reflect light and refract an observers vision

there are also many accounts of the forest going silent when they are near, down to the bugs, is that awful smell so many report some kind of fear, blind panic inducing pheremone?

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Pheromones are one way that nature works, that's for sure. Part of the reason we avoid skunks is the utter distaste we have for the oder. Some insect use them to find mates at great distances. They could very easily be a factor here.

chemically induced fear or avoidance would be a high value survival trait.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
It's fairly obvious that if Sasquatch exists, and it does to my mind, he/she is VERY intelligent, certainly human level in its own way.

Nothing else could or can explain its ability to stay hidden all these years with only scattered sightings in what are usually, though not always, secluded, isolated areas.

My own experiences in the deep woods tell me that man is out of his element. We can certainly function, even thrive, in the woods, but we are very removed from our more primitive roots, and our instincts are muted, save in the most extraordinary of circumstances.

My readings of accounts, including Mr.Wupy's, seem to indicate that Sasquatch touches something deep inside of us that predates our more civilized thought processes, an instinct of danger; our lizard brain telling us all is not as it should be.

As for no remains? Scavengers, and isolation. The woods I'm most familiar with, the Pacific Northwest and small portions of South east Alaska, fairly bristle with scavengers and isolation is common.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
And Voidmaster, you have a good point about missing people. Happens all the time. Not too many years it happened near here. A hiker, on a known trail, doubles back to the car a mile away, leaving here whole family waiting , and just vanishes.

Other families at the car park area said she never showed up, the family never saw her, dogs couldn't track her, not a scrap of torn clothing, absolutely gone into thin air. Not a single trace ever found despite a massive manhunt.

You're right, you can't be sure.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I don't think Sasquatch possess a human level intellect, but it certainly possesses a very high one.
Chimpanzees are capable of advanced planning when warring with other tribes. They lure them out with a few chimps then ambush, they rush in at night time... And just think how hard it is to find animal primates. Experts are required in order to find them. So if Bigfoot is in existence it is very possible it is just better at hiding than we are at finding.

And the reason I think dogs can't track them is based completely on common sense. A dog's primary sense is its sense of smell, not sight. Now all reports of Sassy encounters report a very, very pungent, powerful smell which would simply put dogs off. If someone shines a bright light into our eyes we look away, if we touch something painful we back away. If a dog smells something disgusting it will recoil and leave.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   

And the reason I think dogs can't track them is based completely on common sense. A dog's primary sense is its sense of smell, not sight. Now all reports of Sassy encounters report a very, very pungent, powerful smell which would simply put dogs off. If someone shines a bright light into our eyes we look away, if we touch something painful we back away. If a dog smells something disgusting it will recoil and leave.

I have to disagree, my dogs routinely love to roll in rotten skunk carcasses, bring home dead fish and roadkill squirells to use as chew toys and really love highly offensive stinky things in general....
the reaction i have seen and others report is not a recoil of disgust it is pure fear and panic from otherwise tough level headed dogs.
im not talking about a dog that isnt interested or would rather not do something, Nico will happily do just about anything asked of her if she understands the request, and is happy to protect me or my son, even when it might not be necessary

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Looks like they finally found a bigfoot carcass!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
It does seem that if there were another primate species living in the US, it would be pretty easy to locate evidence of its existence. There would be nests, or camps, there would be droppings, there would be some kind of impact on the environment that would indicate that a thriving species was eating, hunting, breeding, migrating and dying.

In the absence of such things, I have to wonder why anyone cares and why people insist on believing in something, when there is no evidence and the "proof" provided by the believers is so flimsy.

[edit on 2007/6/13 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglelord
I believe you and I think thats rude what the other member said.
I have no doubt that you are a credible witness and that your very sure what you saw was nothing else but what you said it was.
maybe a bear, maybe a suit, blah, blah blah.
I think thats so sad when people feel they must discredit with no proof, and maybe only their own disbelief as backup to your encounter.

[edit on 10-6-2007 by junglelord]

I totally agree with junglelord, that mrwupy is a credible witness. Not that I know him, but by from what he has posted in the past. I don't think that the other member was trying to be rude, though. He was just trying to offer an idea of what the creature actually was. I wouldn't say it was a bear, but there are some "real"-looking costumes out there.

Mrwupy, I DO believe you may have seen a sasquatch though. Mind sharing where your sighting occured? Road names?

[edit on 14-6-2007 by Uplifted]

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uplifted
Mrwupy, I DO believe you may have seen a sasquatch though. Mind sharing where your sighting occured? Road names?

I've filed reports on this with BFRO and the Texas Bigfoot site previously mentioned in this thread, not to mention I've discussed it on this site many times and in a podcast.

It was in early 1997 and I was driving home from Jonesboro Arkansas. I was taking highway 62 across the top of the state and had passed thru the town of Salem. I was back out on the highway, My lights were on bright and I was the only car on the highway. I was in the forest and there was perhaps 15 to 20 feet of clearance from where the edge of the road ended and the forest began.

I saw what I thought was a tree up ahead that was right beside the road. It caught my attention because it was out of place. Then it turned and walked back into the forest. It was big and walked upright like a man. It was covered with hair and was nasty looking. It had rained that day though so it might have just been wet. It passed back into the forest just as it was going out of my high beams.

My windows were up so I didn't smell anything, I didn't hear anything either.

I just pushed my gas pedal to the floor and didn't slow down till I was in the lights of the next town. I kept looking in my rearview mirror to make sure it wasn't chasing me. It scared the hell out of me. I have never felt a fear like that, it was a deep and primal fear.

Thats the whole story. It was a Bigfoot though, of that I have no doubt.

Whether anyone believes me or not is up to them, I don't care one way or the other. I just know that I believe in Bigfoot cause I've actually seen one.

wupy

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
yea i believe you. theres so much open, dense forest in this world that it's pretty easy to hide in there and never be found. one time when i was fishing a bear walked past me 10 yards away, and thats probably the closest to bigfoot i'll ever get.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join