It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sasquatch carcass

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
I was thinking about ancient civilizations that possibly lived on earth millions of years ago and why we havent found any evidence of them. It is possible that there have been advanced civilizations living on earth that may or may not have been human. It is also very possibly they lived in areas that are now either covered by water or are in complete remote areas of the world and we may never find any proof of their existence. But just because humans havent found anything doesnt mean that it doesnt exist.

Hear, hear. Just check out the underwater cities off the coast of Japan for instance...

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglelord
Well I have had the experience of seeing a unusual animal
At first your brain does some file searching.
Your looking at it but not registering what it is
In my case I also determined what I was looking at
Do you think it was a costume>

Heheh...nope. I don't. I ALSO saw a very weird & unusual animal in broad daylight about 6 years ago. Costume?? Nope - don't think so - this creature was aquatic!
hah

Jimbo

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006
I am a deer and duck hunter. I have been in the deep woods many times, and I have never seen any deer bones or any bear bones. I guess thats proof that these animals don't exist.

Yeah - I LIVED in the bush for years in an extremely remote area of BC, Canada. Likewise - I never saw bear or deer bones either...odd huh?
Yet I had bear, moose and wolves in my back garden frequently - so they were there alright...

Jimbo999

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CinLung-Part-1
- Territory, do you think an animal with such big size sasquatch is living within an area of 1 km square? They live so deep in the jungle so not many people can see them?

Well, you obviously have no idea of the sheer size of the pacific northwest disiduous forests. There are regions that have never been walked seen by a human being.

I am starting getting sick of people claiming seeing sasquatch here and there everyday, in Texas, in California. I am not surprised one day one of you claiming seeing sasquatch in the middle of New York.

It is a typical joke of Americans who never grow up, a disgrace to American.

Dude, you are extremely funny. You obviously have never read into sasquatch research, and it seems you're just trying to flame. Well flame on buddy, I'll just laugh.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades
The first one is pretty damned creepy! I listened bottom up and that one made me jump, then scared.

Yeah, some of those calls are enough to make a full grown man need a fresh change of pants.

I've never seen Bigfoot, unfortunately, but I've still gotten within hearing distance and let me tell you that's not a sound I'll soon forget. Lucky for me, when I first heard it I was in my room, trying to go to sleep.

If I had been outside at night when I heard that I would have peed my pants and ran away as fast as humanly possible.

But, as it was I was able to walk closer to the window so I could get a better listen to the call. It most sounded like the Klamath Screams on this webpage:

www.oregonbigfoot.com...

Its about 1/2 way down the page, and while not the most impressive sound file on the page, it's still enough to put a shiver down your spine.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
They are pretty rude. Old men say it is forbidden to get along with one them.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
How many deer skeletons do hunters find each year?

I can't speak for others but I see decomposing deer remains in the woods all the time. Bear less often, but probably once per year or so. Elk infrequently, as there are few elk around here. A mountain lion once. It is the small mammals that are less often seen. They are more easily scavenged and smaller, so harder to spot among the normal forest debris. A sasquatch carcass would be pretty hard to miss even in dense brushy forest.

Anyone who says he never sees any large animal remains in the woods needs to get out more.

There are a few anecdotal accounts of sasquatch burying its dead and at least one account of burying a child with a [observer described] ceremony, which suggests some elemental intelligence and a primitive 'culture'.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by CinLung-Part-1
I am starting getting sick of people claiming seeing sasquatch here and there everyday, in Texas, in California. I am not surprised one day one of you claiming seeing sasquatch in the middle of New York.
JUST WHAT DO YOU GET FROM CLAIMING SEEING Sasquatch? You get money fame from that? You get lovers?

It is a typical joke of Americans who never grow up, a disgrace to American.

As others have said... You clearly haven't done your homework on Bigfoot, thus I think your rant is a bit groundless. I'll just add to what others have said already:
Bigfoot goes back far beyond modern Americans. There are those JackofBlades mentioned. But let's stay in America. Do you think Patterson "created" Bigfoot? Do you think Bigfoot is a 20th century "idea" or "hoax"? Perhaps you should read up on Native American legends and history?

"The Lakota, or western Sioux, call Bigfoot Chiye-tanka (Chiha-tanka in Dakota or eastern Sioux); "chiye" means "elder brother" and "tanka" means "great" or "big". In English, though, the Sioux usually call him "the big man".

Source
Detailed article:
www.bfro.net...

Bigfoot, or as it's often called in Canada, the Sasquatch, is mentioned in several native American legends. In fact, the term "Sasquatch" is Indian for "hairy giant." The first sighting of a Sasquatch by a white man apparently came in 1811 near what now is the town of Jasper, Alberta Canada. A trader named David Thompson found some strange footprints, fourteen inches long and eight inches wide, with four toes, in the snow.

Source

The Cherokees from the eastern United States call him Stoneclad, "The Stone Man", or Kecleh-Kudleh, pronounced Chickly Cudly, which means hairy man. The Shoshone refer to Bigfoot as Tso'apittse, which means Cannibal Giant. The Lakota and Dakota Sioux both use similar terms to describe this creature, both of these terms (Chiye tanka and Chiha tanka) translate to mean "Big Elder Brother." The Pullayup-Nisqually Indians use the terms Tsiatko or "Spear" and Seatco, Steta'l, "Spirit Spear" to describe Bigfoot-like creatures, while the Shoshone and Salishan-Sahaptin tribes call them Cannibal Giants. Bigfoot is known by the Hupa Indians of Northern California as tintah-k'iwungxoya'n.

Source

Those should get you started.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 01:53 AM
link   
They bury thier Dead guys and do it well... they are Neanderthal man 30,000 years adapted... the last of them learned to survive by hiding from humans... with thousands of years to adapt they got darn good at it...

No joke, they live in caves, they hide all traces of themselves...the ones that survived were the harrier ones...less human looking, less likely to attract attention, they teach thier young, they bury the dead or something similar, gave up human skills in rebellion to out atrocities..fire and art went away because it brought us around...

They are smart enough to know the appearance frightens us like an animal and they prefer to live a more natural life by nature anyway... they hide in caves and often make thier own burrows, when they are done they cover everything and mark it with other animal scents, particularly adept at making burrows and caves look like they were inhabited by bears...or other animals

The awnser to bigfoor is obvious... they are our cousins and we killed so many they learned to hide from us... they have to be intelligent to eveade us... it's a skill taught from childhood, they spend 90% of thier lives under ground probably have knowledge of extensive cave systems we never taped before... travel from region to region and remain very few in number...

But they are smart

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   
After all, why should we assume we killed off entirely another intelligent race... how long would it take them to learn to stay the hell away from us...we are talking Neanderthal Man, not Giant sloths and wooley mamoths

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Sideline to the OPs question,

Do you think BF somehow knows when Hunting season begins?

My thoughts are yes.

If they have been able to elude capture all these years, I would suspect a great deal of intelligence from these creatures, thus a nice grasp on common sense.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by vecarenx
They bury thier Dead guys and do it well... they are Neanderthal man 30,000 years adapted... the last of them learned to survive by hiding from humans... with thousands of years to adapt they got darn good at it...

No joke, they live in caves, they hide all traces of themselves...the ones that survived were the harrier ones...less human looking, less likely to attract attention, they teach thier young, they bury the dead or something similar, gave up human skills in rebellion to out atrocities..fire and art went away because it brought us around...

They are smart enough to know the appearance frightens us like an animal and they prefer to live a more natural life by nature anyway... they hide in caves and often make thier own burrows, when they are done they cover everything and mark it with other animal scents, particularly adept at making burrows and caves look like they were inhabited by bears...or other animals

The awnser to bigfoor is obvious... they are our cousins and we killed so many they learned to hide from us... they have to be intelligent to eveade us... it's a skill taught from childhood, they spend 90% of thier lives under ground probably have knowledge of extensive cave systems we never taped before... travel from region to region and remain very few in number...

But they are smart

Interesting hypothesis -and I tend to agree with some of it - the burial for instance. But where did you come by the other info? What sources exactly? Just curious really...

Jimbo999

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grailkeeper
Sideline to the OPs question,

Do you think BF somehow knows when Hunting season begins?

My thoughts are yes.

If they have been able to elude capture all these years, I would suspect a great deal of intelligence from these creatures, thus a nice grasp on common sense.

Interestingly - when I lived in the remote bush of BC some years ago, all the local animals would dissappear the very day before hunting season opened. How did they know it was this date? No idea. But that is what would happen every year. Amazing! Another thing I learned up there - people told me you could point a stick or a broom (held like a rifle) towards a distant bear cub or wolf cub - and it would high-tail it outta there in a flash. How could such a young animal make the connection between a pointed object aimed at them & death or pain?? Who knows....but it proves animals are FAR more intelligent than many people give them credit for. And/or possibly most animals have relatively sophisticated forms of cummunication...either way, it's interesting. And for me at least - one more reason I find hunting pretty barbaric...

Jimbo999

[edit on 12-6-2007 by jimbo999]

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
jimbo999, Yes, animals 'know' many things, and fear man. There is some indications that many animals are telepathic to some degree.

On the subject of hunting. Hunting for sport is the wanton slaughter of a life form to no real purpose except personal gratification. Hunting for food is not in that same class.

Many Native people will tell you that animals 'give' themselves to the hunter, that this is the wheel of life. I have taken animals for food for many years, yet I haven't a single trophy. I am thankful that this life was given to me that I might live, and when it is my time to pass from this realm, I hope to have as good of a reason, and the courage to face the fact as well.

Before you condemn all hunters, know that there are great differences among them. Know too that some hunters hold their prey in high esteem.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I am 1/3 Native North American Mohawk.

What you say is very true and very well said.

Sasquatch may exist between two dimensions as we believe.
That may be why you have no body.
I would think they do bury their dead in this world.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
OP, I was not trying to be off topic with my last post, and if so, I apologize. I find that misconceptions are best dealt with at the time they occur, rather than wait till they are more deep seated.

I can almost bet the farm that if a BF is killed, it will not be by a Native American.

On another note: If I were looking to get proof of a BF on film, I think that using multiple cameras, all focused on the same spot in a trail would be the way to do it.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
It is an oddity, considering that even the ancient greeks had bones of dinosaurs, and thought they were the bones of giant past heroes and monsters. The fact that zero bones exist, is suspect, but there may be reasons.

A possible theory on why zero remains are found:

They bury their dead or they mainly live underground, and only come up on occasion, and if or when one would die in a forrest setting, the body would disappear very quickly, and the bones would be displaced accordingly...

Freaky if you think about the underground living scenerio, and the "two dimensions" thinking of the native american. Could be conceived as two dimensions.

Maybe the threat of the hostile human, forced them to hide. With enough intelligence, being sapian, its not a crazy idea, they adapted and setup shop underground, to hide from humans, or cold weather during an ice age and just stayed, now coming out in spurts.

Kinda like underground wookies...

Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Thank you Paresthesia for having some sense. Dead things don't survive long in the wild. They are usually devoured within days of their death.

I've found a dead dear... In an area with a lot of buzzards (we even call one spot Buzzard Hill). It was the grossest thing. It was there for quite a while before it had decomposed enough for me to rip it's head off. After that it melted it's face off over my door for months. Yes it was SICK SICK SICK. No, JW's that summer though...

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
jimbo999, Yes, animals 'know' many things, and fear man. There is some indications that many animals are telepathic to some degree.

On the subject of hunting. Hunting for sport is the wanton slaughter of a life form to no real purpose except personal gratification. Hunting for food is not in that same class.

Many Native people will tell you that animals 'give' themselves to the hunter, that this is the wheel of life. I have taken animals for food for many years, yet I haven't a single trophy. I am thankful that this life was given to me that I might live, and when it is my time to pass from this realm, I hope to have as good of a reason, and the courage to face the fact as well.

Before you condemn all hunters, know that there are great differences among them. Know too that some hunters hold their prey in high esteem.

yes, I have read much about native traditions re: hunting. I have a great respect for them too. It's not those types of hunters I'm talking about. Rather 'trophy' hunters - which make up the vast majority these days. I mean - honestly - with millions of supermarkets and stores in every area of North America today - how many people *really* need to hunt to eat?? Some few in very remote areas perhaps - but not many.

Several of my neighbours were outfitters - and the majority of their clients were rich americans (doctors, lawyers ect...) willing to pay many thousands so they could hang a moose or bear head on the wall of their den back home. Plenty of these guys were absolutely USELESS hunters - so bad in fact - that many times the outfitter had to shoot the animal FOR them - as they were not good enough marksmen to do it themselves. Pretty pathetic don't you think?

Jimbo999

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
jimbo999, Yes it is pathetic. I do not ever condone such things. If you are not going to eat it, don't kill it, unless it's about to do you harm itself.

I could always eat store bought meat, but I have to streeeeech my 'Washingtons', so I eat a lot of wild game. Besides, it tastes better, and has to be better for you. The same with fish, though you have to be careful now days because of river pollution.

Also, hunters cull the herd, as the land can support only so many head, and starvation among deer is more widespread than you might think. It's not pretty.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join